Consoles on Acoustic Solutions DVD-222

Username: Dakana

Post Number: 1
Heres my situation. I bought a Acoustic Solutions DVD-222 the other day, and read the instructions the manual said. they didnt work when plugging it into my consoles (the 3 scart plugs were needed), but i have a VENOM lead that allows me to do it. it has the connectors for all 3 scarts (gamecube, ps2, and X-Box). I plug the console to the lead, and plug the lead that came with my player into the cable. I turn on the console, and i can hear the audio, but there isnt any image, and as long as the video lead (the yellow cable) is plugged into the VENOM lead, the player buzzes annoyingly. i decided to use another cable to transmit the video through the s-video port (i put the full 3 cable, plugged it into the s-video port, and just used the video lead. then i took another cable with just the red and black audio cables, put that into the input slot, and used them to complete the scart). the audio works, and the buzz stops, but i still get no video. help... :P

Username: Pbk

Post Number: 2
hi
have purchased DVD222 portable DVD player of Acoustic solution from Argos. I am facing one problem--

When the disc is running if I pressed on the tray somehere near to the side where it is mentioned on the tray that 'PUSH TO CLOSE' , it starts reloading the disc.

This happens even disc is not inside and if I pressed on the left side of the tray it gives the message ' Loading Disc'

I dont know its a problem or not need help on this.

ru facing this problem..

Username: Dakana

yeh. mine keeps doing the same thing. it sometimes happens when im not touching there at all, but when its being shaken by being in a car or something. I dont know if theres any way to solve it except with just being incredibly careful with the machine.

Post Number: 3
is this the common problem in all portable DVd players or just Acoustic from Argos??

Do you have any idea???

Also any idea about spare battery

Post Number: 4
also how old is your DVD palyer??

Username: Shinok

Dude,
I have the same exact problem connecting my ps2 to my coby DVD player. If you get a solution to that please share the knowledge.

Username: Crunchyfrog555

Spalding, Lincs England

To the problems connecting consoles:
If you're suffering with audio but no picture, make sure the switch on the right-hand side of the machine is set to "Line in", and this should cure it.

To the reading problems. This is a common flaw with the DVD-222. The laser assembly tends to degenerate over time. The only solution is to take it back to Argos if it's still under warranty. Furthermore, you don't need your receipt under the Sale of Goods Act - just proof of purchase, which could be a credit card statement, or you could just ring the Helpline, tell them when you bought it and get the information needed to take it back.

Username: Froggie

hi, i have an acoustic solution dvd-222, i cannot play dvd or vcd, the lazer moves, but the motor dont,:-(, it says "no disc" every time, i took it apart th find out what rong, but couldnt solve problem, please help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us