Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through August 11, 2005Drew Tyler Wilson100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Username: Blaster2100

BilbaoSpain

Post Number: 1
Hi there to all!

Currently awaiting for a new lyra RD2780 unit. Hope all the issues I've read in this forum are punctual since i purchased it based on its superb specs and chars.

To read such an amount of complaints about RCA/lyra is worring me. And I really pray the problems are just user malconfiguration/deletion/bad habbits.

However I would like to warn those with "dead" battery problems, no matter what size it is.

Ion-Lythium batteries are used in PDAs, phones and electronic devices. There are a few guidelines to avoid battery short lifespan, like these:

1. NEVER let the unit charging more than needed. It reduces the capacity of the battery (it happens the same with a mobile phone).

2. IDEAL CHARGING PROCESS:
Start with battery charging ONLY when is capacity is BELOW 10% or even lower. (doing it sooner will make your battery "lazy")
Charge up to 100%, then inmediately unplug it from the wallet

People doing this healthy measures have reported up to the double of battery life in a big range of devices.

Additionally you will find replacements of this battery in this URL: http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=prod&ref=RD2780A-BAT

I'll keep an eye on this forum

chin
Unregistered guest
what is the battery life on the(rd2780a) it dose'nt seem to be posted anywhere

TopShop
Unregistered guest
people who need answers for the RD2780, should visit:

http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

just about every common problem has been described, and the list of issues is much more comprehensive.. search the forum!!

Overcharging, or 'charging more than needed' hasnt been an issue since the days of the nickel cadmium chargers.. its not true that the battery will become inefficient, and no there will be no noticeable difference between allowing a measly trickle charge versus unplugging the charger...

german girl
Unregistered guest
hey, some friend gave me his lyra jukebox 40mb because he didn't want it anymore, but he had lost the software cd...
well, now i have the jukebox, but no software and i don't know if i'm gonna be able to use it at all. is there a way of getting musik onto the jukebox without software, or can i download the software somewhere for free??

Unregistered guest
how long does the battery on a lyra rd2762 4gb last?

Username: Cypher

Post Number: 2
Im Having problems with some pictures... All the Pics i have are jpg's but some of them the Lyra doesnt show.. it says File Format not Supported...
can anyone help me with this

Username: Cypher

Post Number: 3
by the way i have a Lyra RD2780a

df34567
Unregistered guest
http://www.geocities.com/murdercielago/RD2780Guide.html

Username: Lightwaveguy

lyra rd2820 problems. cant get winxp to recognize my device, i plug it in and it see a device but cant go any further. i have an intel 865perl motherboard. also have a usb mp3 player kind of does the same thing, cept it goes on and off and on and off, boing all the time. put in all the lates drivers for devices, nothing, help me please.

freq_707
Unregistered guest
i just bought my 2780 refurbishe doff ebay...but it seems there are people having afew probs...i still feel it was worth it because it has so many various features! recording from TV is awesome...if you dod it correct, and produces a great quality picture! i havnt had any probs. with jpeg files, maybe you should make sure the lyra can handle the amount of pixels in the pic.

The lyra records in .avf not avi. but it shoudl still play them. And about copywrited dvds, use dvd dercypter, a free download, to ermove copyrights and then convert to mp1 or mp4 format.

aparantly RCA have attempted to prevent people putting copyrighted music onto the lyra, but if you download it from limewire than just transfer it seems to works fine using various tranfering programs...
I also have a qusetion...is it possible to copy files from a sd card to the actual hardrive of the lyra???
Thanx...

Username: Wax1973

I dropped my RCA Lyra 2760 and the LCD screen no longer works. The unit still plays, but I'm guessing at the menu options when I turn the unit on. Can somebody post the menu options for me so I know how many turns of the wheel I need to do so that I can enter my music library? Thanks a mill!

Unregistered guest
I Have a LYRA 2860. The select button has fallen off. Does anyone know how you get this back on so it will work.

PLEASE HELP TECH SUPPORT ARE RUBBISH

Esteban
Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 2765. I recently turned it on this morning and it gave me a message saying the File System is corrupted.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Unregistered guest
My RCA LYRA does not allow sound to come out of the left earphone. This is not a problem of the ear phones as I have tried many pairs. How do I go about getting this resolved?

Unregistered guest
I also have a RCA Lyra RD2765 and I'm also having the same problem Esteban is having. I hook the USB cord into the Lyra, but as it's loading, the File System Corrupted screen turns on, denying me access to my Lyra and its contents. And it won't play either. Is there any way to fix this problem? Greatly appreciate any help.

- Alex

Unregistered guest
whenever i try to power on or reset my 40GB lyra it says "failed to load files, reset unit to resume operation, update lyra system files if the problem persists" and then it shuts off. I have tried resetting it, but it does the same thing as turning it on, and it isn't on long enough for my computer to recognize it and update the system files. Please help, or give me a number so I can call and harass RCA.

Username: Benefits4oru

I have a Lyra RD2825. Need a replacement AC and or DC power Adapter.Help!Don't want to pay $80 from Fox Electronics.

kenshin28
Unregistered guest
hello. I have lyra rd2762 and computer running win98
the cd that came with it is crap . it says it is installing software and in program files and it is not there and the computer cann't find drivers for it . is there some where i can download driver for it.

happy_rd2840_owner
Unregistered guest
I have a RD2840 RCA MP3 player since two years ago so I invested a lot of time saving thousand of mp3 files (around 6,000) and a couple of months ago I had the problem that somehow I was able to corrupt the data in hard drive, so I thought I lost everything (songs and mp3 player). I found out in ebay a guy that fixes Mp3 players along other electronics, and he was able to recover my files and have fixed my RD2840. You may contact him for the problems your are experiencing.

Ebay username = great_items_2004
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZgreatQ5fitemsQ5f2004

Good luck.

Anonymous

My RCA lyra was working great. One day I left the battery charging and the when I unpluged it and pushed the on button it didn't turn on. When I press and hold the on button I could listen to the hard drive, but as soon as I stop pressing on button it turns back off. I don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it.

DKNJ4Lyfe
Unregistered guest
So have you guys figured out how to fix the File System Corrupted error because mine happened to do this, today as well and I NEED TO GET to my music on there because I had rare songs and stuff. Can someone PLEASE help me out????

autechr
Unregistered guest
When I plug my lyra to the USB port, I get the message "New Hardware Found". "USB device". "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly. " so windows xp can't recognize my lyra rd2850. If anyone has solved this problem please help me.

fga4
Unregistered guest
Martin,
Go to Radio Shack. They will custom make a DC adapter for you to match voltage and plug for about $25.

Unregistered guest
Dear Tech Guy,
I own a lyra RD2780 and wanted to know which program and format to use to rip the downloaded DivX to a Better-playable format for the lyra. Ive been using the Divx Converter, in the portable settings, but when I play the video in my device, it looks quite slow and not fluent.
Thank You for your Time
MAximo

Unregistered guest
im having the usb safe mode,please reset device after unplugging error.wont go away. tried everything on the forums ive been in, but nothing worked. any new ideas?

johnny p
Unregistered guest
i have a 2850 lyra and when i turn it on it says searching for signal, then a radio station comes on then it reboots over and over again...ive tried to reset it and that doesnt work, also the computer wont recognize it because it keeps rebooting...any ideas on what i can do?

auechr
Unregistered guest
Johny P, you have your On (or Menu) button stuck down, so it is allways pressed, try to pull it up, somehow.

Unregistered guest
I have a 2850, and it worked great for months, then gave me a message saying to reset system or update files, then turns off. My computer does not recognize the Lyra when it's plugged in the USB port so I can't update files, and reset doesn't work. Please help!

Crab King
Unregistered guest
I have recently purchased a second hand Thomson PDP 2860 (exactly the same as the RCA Lyra RD2780) and i think it's great.

For anyone who wants to record from TV, your TV needs to have audio and video OUT. audio/video IN is for watching films stored on the Lyra on the TV screen. A lot of TVs dont have audio/video OUT, however, some VCRs have got audio/video OUT and can follow TV. Use this.

For other people who dont know how to record copywrighted DVDs, dont start recording untill about 10 seconds through, it works fine with me.

People with lost system files, these files can be found online or they might be on the disc that comes with the Lyra.

I hope everyone can get their Lyras fixed. They're brilliant machines when the work, but i have to admit, they're not very reliable.

Unregistered guest
Lyra Jukebox 2840 error message: "failed to load files reset unit to resume. Up date lyraHD system files if problem persists" well problem persists and I have connected lyra to desktop as usual but lyra wont stay turned on long enough for desktop to recongise lyra connection. I thought it might be easiest to reformat lyra but it wont stay turned on, after giving above mentioned error message it swtiches itself off. Any suggestions please

Anonymous

I have a lyra. One of the silver selector switches (on the right of the screen) came loose. I discovered the the black holder which connects the button to the toggle switch had split. Since this can be repaired externally and I am an Aussie, I would like to get a repplacement part. What is the best way to contact RCA - I have tried sending an email via their support site. Any telephone numbers avaialble?

Anonymous

HI I have an RCA Lyra RD2780 MP3 player that is stuck on the USB Safe mode screen if anyone has any information on how to fix this I am all ears.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi, looking for someone who has a lyra 2780 that is broken and prepared to do a deal on a spare part. The part is very small and can be removed externally. RCA are not very helpful to international users.

autechr
Unregistered guest
T Mill I have the same problem and I haven't repaired it for now, but I can upload songs to the lyra by taking out the hdd of the player and place it into my laptop. I have installed win2k with FAT32 (not NTFS!!!) on the lyra hdd, and I upload the music by the laptop's CD-ROM. Then I pull out the hdd and place it back in the player and it works fine.

Unregistered guest
Hi i have Rca Lyra 20gb 2850 jukebox. when i plug it to my computer it's not recognizing it and i have winxp as operating system. Can any body help me in solving this problem.

Anonymous

How do i turn my RCA lyra Rd1080B on?

Anonymous

my rca lyra rd2780 is stuck in usb mode. i can still access it through the computer but i hav to shut it down using the reset button on the bottom. every time i power it on, it shows the usb safe mode screen. is there anything i can do? ive already tried reinstalling the lyra_sys files.

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a 5 Gb RD2765. The problem is that the battery doesn't last more than 4 1/2 hrs !, and always it got discharged if i let the device off. I have to recharge again !!. Plz, could you tell is this is right ?, do i have options to change the battery ? - by the way.. i'm from Mexico. Thanks a lot.

Unregistered guest
Hi. My lyra a/v jukebox is stuck in the USB safe mode screen too like the anonymous posts. Where is the reset button is says to press I cant seem to find it on my machine. I have to let the battery drain before it turns off. My mom's 32 bit windows xp machine wont even recognise the device. Of course My x64 windows machine wont recognise it either, even before I had this USB error. For a year Ive never had a problem with this thing and I bought it refurbished. Hell, it was sitting on the dashboard of my jeep playing when I rolled it and the thing still played after all that!!!!! cant be that bad of a POS! lol Any help would be great since it has my entire picture album!!! Thanks yall!

Jason C

Username: Rickss

For all that have the 2780 "stuck in usb safe mode" , here is a link to a guy who can fix it for you or send you the part for you to solder on the 2780(usb safe mode error is a hardware failure).
http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1715&sid=023fa82be42421a56 1751ef7b839fc9f

Lyra safe mode fix
Unregistered guest
RCA LYRA SAFE MODE FIX

This rca lyra safemode problem is a common one.
It is a hardware fault.
The only place I have found a fix /repair service is here:
http://www.digitalelectro.co.uk/catalog/index.php/cPath/58

There is also some further information there.
Hope This helps

Username: Japlightning

Hi! I own a RCA Lyra RD2825A Jukebox Mp3/Wma player. I plugged it into a 6 volt power source and had done it in the past without it frying itself, but this time it got fried. If someone could send me a piccy of the circuit board on the side which does not have the LCD screen, I would be so grateful to whoever did.

Mothman1601
Unregistered guest
Hi i've just purchased a Lyra 2860, the battery life only lasts for two hours whilst playing video (with high quality). I was wondering if i recorded a video in LP low quality would the battery life last longer? Thanks, Liam

Unregistered guest
i keep trying different types of movie formats to add videos to my rd2780 after trying wmv and avi's i have had no luck please help me figure out what i need to do to play movies on my lyra

SamanthaL
Unregistered guest
I just received a Lyra for Christmas, and I am trying to download songs from ITunes to it. Is that possible?

Unregistered guest
Olla,
I am interested to know if anyone has found software that is EXCELLENT for batch converting video for the RCA LYRA 2780.
I'd like to see something work great that comes out with no B Frames and having the Audio Sync flawless while maintaining excellent compression... is this too much to ask???
Anybody had any luck.. I swear, I've tried everything...
Scott

Anonymous

uhh FOR DELETING THE DEMO SONGS UMM WHERE IS WINDOWS EXPLORER!?? I HAVE WINDOWS XP??

Unregistered guest
Windows Explorer in Windows XP:
Right click on the Start button in the bottom left hand corner.
Select "Explore"... and there you are...
Windows Explorer will be right in front of you.

Unregistered guest
Hi, My RCA Lyra Jukebox RD2850 is not recognized on either of my computers--one which uses XP and one which uses 2000. Very frustrating to spend so much money and have nothing! I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Please advise.

Asikainen
Unregistered guest
Hi. My Lyra RD2825A only starts about every 100 time I try so now I would like to open it up to get the harddrive out and download everything to my computer. Problem is that I removed the two screws on the bottom but it still doesn't open. Should I just force it or is there a better way. Please email if you have an answer. It is a refurbished unit bought 5 months ago.
asikainen2004@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I got an RD2780 for christmas and it worked for about an hour and now the screen on it appears to be broken. However, I live in Canada so there is no way for me to contact anyone at RCA to consider taking it back. I was wondering if anyone has a way to get a hold of people at customer service at rca, maybe a phone number or an email address. Any halp at all would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, Matt.

Username: Rickss

matt v.
There are two screws that are located under the CompactFlash cover. look at this link:
http://techolio.com/rd2780_upgrade/rd2780_upgrade2.html

Hope it helps.

Mike_Computer Tech
Unregistered guest
I got a Lyra 2840 i got off a friend.
It appears the hdd tryies to spin up but cannot, and i get the lyra logo before the thing shuts off.
however, i took out the hdd (2 small proprietary screws on the bottom - i forced them out, then you have to use a thin peice of metal or something really flat and strong, like a flathead screwdriver to pry it open from the bottom, then guide the screwdriver around the edges to release a few pressure latches on each side - may damage the plastic housing slightly from the screw driver digging in as you pry it open) and bought a external 2.5' hdd enclosure. the hdd works fine in windows, while the mp3 player itself will now turn on without the hdd and say the system files can't be found . Thing is i noticed that the hdd made the same clicking sound with only 1 of the 2 usb heads from connected, suggesting it was not getting enough power. indeed, the hdd requires at least 500mA of power to run, and the adapter i got with it was only 300mA. I now have to get a proper adapter, 5.5v and minimum 500mA current to get the thing powered up, then deal with the corrupt system files.

For those who wanted to know if you can upgrade the hdd in this thing, yes you can. it uses a standard 2.5' laptop hard drive 9/ 9.5mm tall. However, these hard drives are more expensive than regular 3.5" hdds and might not be worth the price to upgrade this thing. If you have a lyra that is dead, you might still be able to use the hdd, just go buy a 2.5 to 3.5' hdd converter (cables to go has one) if you want to use the hdd in your regular PC ,or a 2.5' usb hard drive enclosure if you want to have the hdd as a portable usb hard drive. The hdd in my lyra is a Hitatchi GST travelstar (forgot the model number) 4200rpm 40GB 2.5' 9.5 mm hdd. note that you cannot replace this hdd with the older style 10 or 18mm tall drives, as they will be too big to close the lyra back up.

Unregistered guest
HELP. i just bought my av jukebox but i cant get it to record. I hook it up but I dont get a signal. Why not, how can I fix it?
Thanks

Nenah
Unregistered guest
I have a lyra rd2780A i loaded some avi files on it and when i tried playing them the hour glass is stuck on the screen and it wont do anything else. It wont turn off. It wont play. Nothing. ANy suggestions???

Anonymous

Hello, i put some songs on my RD2780, when i start it up it says Missing or Currupted files, please udate and some more crap. But when i plug it in and turn it on so i can update it says safe mode. Then it is not being recongnized by any of the update devices from the site. I tried to just go into the foldesr and delete all the songs and videos i put on their, but now i can't even open the files. Please help me. I tried to the site and all and thats not much help.

Email me at mthomasc@gmail.com

Username: Ogden58x

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvaina United states

lyra tech support i need your help or someones..

my lyras being dumb...ill charge it for like 2 hours and it wont even do anything..then ill hold down the on button and you will hear it starting up like that noise but the screen wont start running and as soon as u let go of on/off button it will just die again

it sucks alot i spent $$$$ on that

HELP ME

Unregistered guest
I bought off e-bay a RD2825A unit and it works great the only problem I have is it came without a case - does any one know where you can get one at. I e-mailed RCA direct and have not recieved any response

Username: Clo88

Minnesota USA

Well i just got my rca rd2780 a couple days ago and i am really not that good with this kind of thing. Well i plug my A/V jacks into the line in section and then into the red white and yellow part on my TV and then i open the video file and press record. I press start recording and then it says that there "is no video signal and it can't record".Please Help
thanks

Username: Sheach33

I have a reconditioned 2780 rca lyra jukebox (20gigs). Have been EXTREMELY
happy with it, merrily taping my fav shows and dvds to watch when the kids
are at sports etc.

recently when recording one of my dvds, the unit seemed to stop,
maintaining a still picture on screen.

when I stopped the recording process, a fatal error message came up. i
tried to record again and it says the disc is full (which I know is not
even nearly true).

I have since downloaded the updated firmware from this site:

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD2780

which has returned the missing memory.

I am able to download photos onto the unit from my computer using the usb cable, but still not
the av cables to record movies etc.

any ideas on how i might be able to fix this? it is out of the 90 day
warranty too unfortunately.

Unregistered guest
I need help with my rca av jukebox, When i scroll to the audio section there is NO picture, only a bunch of like static or something. and when the battery is recharging, if it goes to the third bar the battery picture goes complete black.

Heres the picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/lilaznbo14life/rcaproblem.jpg

Unregistered guest
accidentally conected wrong charger to my LYRA 2826a. I dont see a fuse any where so I'm guessing a resistor or transister died can any one help? send any info to me at mikeensign@ispwest.com It's past the warnty so that wont help.

Username: Clo88

Minnesota USA

for those of you who don't "recieve a signal" when you put in the A?V jacks. just amke sure that it is connected to line in on the lyra player and line out on the tv,vcr or dvd player. I had that same problem so i hope it helps. By the way it is for a rd2780.

Username: Rolloutt07

I bought two RCA Lyra RD2780s and one of them wont play the songs, it takes about 5 minutes for a song to play even after reinstalling firmware. what should i do??

Unregistered guest
Hello, I just bought a 512MB Secure Digital DVD Flash Memory Card for my RCA Lyra RD1028A player. I placed it into the memory slot and when I went to musicmatch jukebox, under portable device, it still only allows me to load 29 songs, and the factory installed one. What can I do to have my player recognize and run the optional multimedia card and extend playtime. The memory card icon is displayed on the player.
Thanks Louis

Username: Jhu12

If you have a RD2780A Model(Audio/Video Lyra 20 gig), please raise your hand. Thank you for responding, i need some information off the AC Adapter. Specifically the DC (output)particulars, 5 volt, ? Amps or Mamps. If you could please post the correct amps then I can replace the AC adapter, mine is illegible. Cheers!

Unregistered guest
I got an RCA Lyra RD2762B for christmas and it's not working. It just grinds on start up and says that the file system is corrupted. My PC won't even recogiise it when I plug it in so I can't reinstall anything. Is there any kind of fix for this? Or am I (and the 20 other people on here with the same problem) screwed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

garner@therameymemo.com

Unregistered guest
I have the exact same problem as Garner. Any help would defidently be appreciated. If there's a fix other than sending it back please tell me.

Username: Dwsdad

I don't have quite the same problem as Garner & PokerAddict12, but my Lyra isn't playing well with my PC. I can see it as a device on my USB port and Windoze Explorer sees the drive, but tells me I need to format it. Meanwhile, back on the Lyra, it still plays videos and audios fine. I've rest the Lyra, rebooted the PC, and reloaded the software. Still no go.

Did we all buy lemons, or what?

Unregistered guest
I have a problem with my RD2763A Rca-Lyra. It wont start up, it just starts grinding up and then it just says "File System Corrupted" and then shuts off about 30 seconds later...i dont know if nebody can help me with this but plz send me an e-mail with any help

cluckers32189@hotmail.com

Tech_Dude
Unregistered guest
I got a lyra RD2840, it also seems to be dead, but it works without the hard drive, saying the files are not found. with the hard drive it won't turn on, cause i think it is not getting enough power.
My original adapter is broken, and i need to get a new one

Can someone please take a look at their lyra rd2840 power adapter and tell me the current rating on it (it will say mA beside a number), i know it's 5.5V but i need the mA

Anonymous

I have the same problem as garner and all them, please please please help me, my email is pistonwriston@hotmail.com thank u

Unregistered guest
I wanted to delete the demo of songs off of my mp3 player, and it went and deleted 200 songs from my own list.
I'm pissed about that already, but how do you go about just deleting a few selected songs off of it?

Jen088890
Unregistered guest
Hi --

I would like to reformat my lyra 2765, or reinstall the firmware if I can. The problem I have is that the device is not even recognized on my computer. When I plug it into Windows, it tells me that is is not recognized. I am not able to see it nor does it give me an option to reformat. In linux I can no longer mount it at all. The USB it occupies shows no such device when before I was able to see it just fine.

So is there some way I can reformat this? The firmware reinstall from the website does not even see my player and asks me to plug it in. It is in! heh. Any suggestions? I just want to reformat. fdisk doesn't see it either (just thought I'd see if IT saw it or not).

Thanks!!

(I posted this in another thread without any response so I am crossing my fingers here!!)

Username: Waymonb

Tulsa, OK United States

I bought the RD2780 RCA Lyra about 2 weeks ago and was out jogging listening to music. When I returned to my car - someone had broken in and stole my case and all my accessories.

I cannot seem to find replacements. Those of you with broken or usable RD2780 would you like to sale your accessories or tell me where to find all of them?

rd2825aNO_USB
Unregistered guest
i need a replacement USB cable, what to do??

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5406
Buy a new one. They are easy to replace, take the old one to the store and look for the same thing.

rd2825aNO_USB
Unregistered guest
well duh, but no stores here sell just the cable, i think im fuct. Where can you purchase JUST the cable?

along3
Unregistered guest
I own a Lyra 2780 and would like to buy an external battery, for the internal one only lasts for 2 hours, but I can't find the specification of the AC cable (i.e. D02C or D14C....).
Does anybody know which one should I get?
thanks along3@fastwebnet.it

Unregistered guest
Hi! My lyra is brand new from Christmas and I just started using it last week. Everything was great and the sound was great but half way through the day yesterday, the lyra started fastforwarding rapidly through songs, one to the next. It will only stop and play the music if you push and hold any button. The machine will not turn off or on and none of the buttons work. You have to take the battery out to make it turn off. I did try changing the battery to a brand new battery - what is going on??

Unregistered guest
Hi! My lyra is brand new from Christmas and I just started using it last week. Everything was great and the sound was great but half way through the day yesterday, the lyra started fastforwarding rapidly through songs, one to the next. It will only stop and play the music if you push and hold any button. The machine will not turn off or on and none of the buttons work. You have to take the battery out to make it turn off. I did try changing the battery to a brand new battery - what is going on??

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA Lyra 20 GB RD2820A.

Out of no where it's saying "Bad or missing Lyra_sys folder. Must update the lyda HD system files" but when i plug it in the computer tells me it needs to be re-formated, then computer says it cant be. I have tried the downloads on the RCA website but they cant see that it is pluged in since its not called LYRA anymore, its called Removable Drive. How can i reformat or reinstall my sys folder? i have read the manual pretty deeply and it didnt touch on this issue, also i dont own the original CD that came with the device, where can i find the drivers originally on that CD? please contact me this is extremely important to me, and thank you for your time.

Royalhellking
Unregistered guest
Hey im new to this mp3 player stuff so here lemme tell u i got mi mp3 player yesterday @ circut city right and then i played it there was a demo song on there how do i take it off its soooo anoying

Anonymous

Here's what I think... RCA sucks. And so does this site, I have been tryng to get answeres to my questions for 3 hours and every time I do a search for the problem I get hauled back to this site.. And all it has on it is people in the same position as me, (POOR RCA FOLKS) Problems with a product they cant get answers for. WHY would you bother sucking up valuable webspace if your forum modorators do NOT have the expertise to answer the questions asked?? I'm going to put this site on block now.. and my it never grace the my path again. And perhaps now. when I do a search I can find an actual answer.

Good luck to all with your problems!
sounds like we're all gonna need it!!

Unregistered guest
Hi my Lyra is supposed to hold 80 songs but mine will only hold 28. im not sure why but if you have any tips that would be great

Username: N0twilly

I NEED HELP!! Nothing happens when I turn it on. It just remains on the RCA Loading screen, occasionally I get a screen that says I have some missing files and to restart it but when I do that the same thing happens again!!! EMAIL to n0twilly@gmail.com PLEASE HELP ME!

Unregistered guest
I have two 40GB (2840A) but only one turns on after charging it. The other one will only turn on if I leave the charger connected to it.
I want to open them and exchange the battery to see if that is the problem and buy another battery.
I have seen a couple of posting asking how to open them BUT there has been NO replies.
I have taken the two screws off the bottom but cannot figure out how to get them open.
Why can't anybody that knows how to open these share how to do it?
Please somebody share this information here so everybody that has this problem can get this information.
Thanks in advance for your time and shared knowledge.

newbie2003
Unregistered guest
Hi my Lyra is supposed to hold 80 songs but mine will only hold 28. im not sure why but if you have any tips that would be great

Unregistered guest
OK heres my problem, i was in my class room today listening to my playlist-as normal- when it suddenly forze, not out of the ordinary, so i reset it-or at least i tried to- when i tried to turn it back on it said "corrupt system file" on top of that my computer wont read the device...so is there anything i can do or am i just screwed

Jaytee
Unregistered guest
Sup guys,
I had a problem with my Lyra rd2780. It said it had missing and corrupt files. But i couldn't access to it through my computer anymore. I found a guy on Ebay in the UK through this search "lyra 2780 repair". He fixed my Lyra and replaced the HD and it works good now. However he didn't post himself lately on ebay. If you want some more info from him, there's his email : zen37853@zen.co.uk. I hope he still want to help the poor and unfortunate owners of the RD2780 ;)

fusturated_in_maine
Unregistered guest
i bought a brand new lyra 1028 and was wondering do i need music match juke box or can i put in right after internet download

Username: Sk8erwitch

Hi I have a Lyra 2825 and I have a problem. I listen to my Lyra everyday for hours at a time and lately my lyra shuts off randomly, sometimes after a few seconds of the song starting or right in the middle.

Also sometime (less often then the shutting off problem) I will hear static along with the music and the sound will play slowly. I turn of the Lyra, turn it on and it will play fine.

I need help, this problem is really fustrating. If you can help e-mail me at smartassrebel@hotmail.com

Kayla

Username: Djspidey

Anyone know where to buy the AV cable?
spideydj@yahoo.com

Username: Yohog999

hey guys i have a lyra 2850 and when i was using lyra dj it froze and said that i have no music files on the mp3 player. now when i try to turn it on it says that the system files are bad and try to reset the player or download new software. When i try to sync with my comp. it says unknown driver on the usb port and it wont connect. Please help me!!!!

Username: Yohog999

to help all you guys that need help w/ taking the backs off your lyras. i have a 2850 and after i took the screws out i slid the back doun a little bit then i got the smallest slotted screwdriver i had and pryed it open by lifting it up on the bottom and pushing it down from the top. be careful but you have to use a little force and eventually it should come off.

Username: Manasclerk

USA

I wanted to post my solutions to a couple of problems. I have a 2840 (40 GB Lyra from awhile back). I lost the AC adapter. Being a 5.5V, it's almost impossible to replace. Because the device also has a bad power plug on it, it won't charge in the car. I went ahead and used a Radio Shack multi-voltage adapter at 6V and have been really pleased with it. I haven't blown the Lyra yet.

I also found a replacement USB cable there but in the digital camera section, so you might want to look near them at other stores.

Interestingly, the RS sales people wouldn't sell the Lyras that they had in stock because they get them back as returns.

Username: Kellyj

Mexico City

Hi all, looking for a faint glimmer of hope... I clumsily knocked over a glass of water and of course it splashed into my Lyra. Do I have any hope in hell of it ever working again (maybe it will dry out???) or am I sol?

Username: Lmdean

What software is best for converting DVD to .avi files that the Lyra 2780 will play? I currently use Pocket DVD Studio to create MPEG4 for my Archos AV700, which works great. However, the Lyra doesn't quite like the format (using Xvid codec and 128kbs audio) and while the video plays well, the audio is distorted. Help!

For those looking for chragers and battery packs, I've found this ebay seller to be good:
http://stores.ebay.com/Quicn_RCA-Lyra_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20QQftidZ2QQtZkm

You can get replacement batteries for the RD2780 here: (comes with tool and instructions)
http://www.pdainternalbattery.com/rcamp3battery.html

Username: Bub2121

Not sure if this is the same "Safe Mode" problem that others are having, sounds like it but just need to make sure. Lately I've just been using my Lyra 2780A just as an external HD. Anyway as of yesterday whenever I have my lyra hooked up to my computer and turn it on it gets stuck on the loading page with only two bars complete, and my computer doesn't recognize it. When not connected to the computer first the transfer screen where everything is in red letters comes up and then after a few seconds goes to the safe mode screen and stays on it. Is there anyway to fix this, can't even format it or anything cause the computer wont' recognize.

would appreciate any help you guys coud give me
allisonhaggerty@yahoo.com

Thanks

Username: Aurorarain

Okay,I'v had my RCA Lyra RD2762 since Christmas.Now whenever I try to turn it on a screen comes up displaying "Files System Corrupted".And anytime I plug it in the computer, the player is not detected so there is no way for me to overwrite the corrupted files.
Is there any chance of repairing it?Any suggestions?I am in desperate need of help.If you can help,please email me at Fallen_Angel185@msn.com.

thanks for help of any sort,Hannah<3

Okay,I've had my RCA Lyra RD2762 since Christmas.Now whenever I try to turn it on a screen comes up displaying "Files System Corrupted".And anytime I plug it in the computer, the player is not detected so there is no way for me to overwrite the corrupted files.
Is there any chance of repairing it?Any suggestions?I am in desperate need of help.If you can help,please email me at Fallen_Angel185@msn.com.

Thanks for help of any sort,Hannah<3

Sorry for the double post.:S

Username: G0sxc

Whalley, Lancs Uk

i have a repair kit for the 2780 usb safemode problem at 15 usd free shipping and if it dont work you can have your money back!!!
kevin (subsurfaceradio.com)

Username: Nocodename

When I plug my lyra to the USB port, I get the message "New Hardware Found". "USB device". "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly. " so windows xp can't recognize my lyra rd2850. If anyone has solved this problem please help me.

Hi i have Rca Lyra 20gb 2850 jukebox. when i plug it to my computer it's not recognizing it and i have winxp as operating system. Can any body help me in solving this problem.

Username: Stuzi

windows cant recognize lyra juke but can detect it. I also have a blank illuminated screen.this happened right after i upgraded firmware.HELP!
please this is not my first problem.fixed the ear phone jack.easy to do. then stuck in usb mode.fixed usb port.now this.????hHELP!!!
SOSOSOSOSOS

Username: Monicarg

does anyone know where i can buy a adapter/charger for lyra rd2825? please mail me at rajju@gmail.com
thanks alot

Username: Aidanb02

Hi there I accidentally connected the wrong charger to my RCA Lyra 2840 ... What can I do ?? ANy help appreciated please send to stolen_kfc@hotmail.com .. Thanks

Username: Asdfas

I don't know why I'm going to bother, as it seems that this entire thread is all questions with no answers, but I will all the same.

I have the same problem with my RD2850A RCA Lyra MP3 player that many on this thread have described. I plug the device into my computer via USB 2.0 and it tells me that there was a problem installing my hardware and it might not work properly. Lyra DJ doesn't detect the device and I can't do anything with the device.

It also tells me that the device could run faster if plugged into a USB 2.0, which I find funny because I don't have any USB 1.0 slots on my computer.

Username: Felixthecat

*Purchased refurbished RCA RD 2780A.
*Having issues with 'Mpeg4 ASP - B frames detected' occuring with all video files resulting in audio sync loss.
*Have attempted various converter programs with no success.
*Anyone know of either a codec or converter/conversation that will solve this problem?

Username: Sblackard

I got a RCA Lyra RD2762 for Christmas and i have been trying for THREE days to sync my media player and transfer songs to my mp3 player. This is my last resort so any help is greatly appreciated. I click on the 'sync' button and then it sits there for a while. My Lyra is showing 'transferring' but then after awhile, the media player will give me an error message that says: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. Any suggestions? I'm just about ready to pack it up and return it back to the store for a refund.

Username: Mpreslar

Champaign, IL USA

I just purchased a RD2780 used on ebay and when it arrived it had the "File system corrupt"/USB Safe mode problem. I started down the path of PayPal conflict resolution after looking and finding that this was a fairly common problem that seemed pretty hard to fix. (Since the auction description said it worked great!) The next day, I decided to take out my old 1980's vintage computer repair skills, from when I worked in a computer store as a sales/service rep. So I turned it on and listenned to the device right next to my ear. It didn't sound like the drive was spinning, but struggling to spin. So the next time I turned it on, when it stuck at 2 dots on the screen I gave it a sharp wack on the right side (where the AV inputs are). Having opened it, I could tel that this was the directon that the drive arm would need to move based on the orientation of the hard drive. Anyway, after the sharp wack it continued loading and I now have a nicely working MP3/MP4 player that I can download pictures from my camera to!

One question, has anyone found a replacement button source? the select button is AWOL on this unit.

Marty in Central Illinois - The Land of Corn and Flatnes!

Username: Finsfan524

I haven't been able to play my RD2780 for a really long time because it is stuck on the loading screen.
I tried doing the same thing Marty did by whacking it, but it didn't work. Can anybody please help me?

Username: Bansnazz

i got a RD2825 and nothing happens when i turn the press the power button. is the battery dead? is the mp3 player fryed? please help!!!

Username: Lmdean

It might be the battery, or it might be the circuit board or some of the circuits. I have had mine repaired in the past by an ebay seller who repairs Lyras and other stuff. More info on him here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=great_items_2004

Username: Antirca

Melbourne Beach, Fl. USA

My questian is the same as many others. When I turn on my rd2762 player, "file system corrupted". Please help

Username: Rjr

I have a rd1072a bought a 1gig flash but it doesn't seem to work I formated the flash to fat16 as instructed. I tried the flash on the newer lyra my wife has and it works. Does the 1072 not support a 1gig flash?

Username: Asdfas

Here is the only thing that I've found that helped with the uploading problems that everyone seems to have with the RCA lyra. Get a 1.8" Hitachi external hard driv enclosure. Take out you Hitachi hard drive from your lyra. Plug your now external hard drive into your computer and drag and drop files appropriately. Once you are done downloading the files, return your hard drive to its RCA lyra enclosure. *note, this method requires a soldering iron or scissors to detach wires, most of which do not need reattaching.

Username: Marksalisha

I have a RCA Lyra 2762 and I don't know how to create a playlist. Does anyone happen to know how to do this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us