IPod + iTunes Help!!!

Username: Lbwhite

Post Number: 1
I haven't had an iPod for very long, but as soon as I got it I downloaded iTunes onto my home computer and downloaded music from there and put it onto my iPod.

Now, I have a laptop and I no longer have access to my old computer for most of the time. I tried to log into apple.com and download iTunes onto my laptop, but it said it would either have to erase everything on my iPod (NOT going to happen!) or try to transfer my songs onto my laptop. Well, it said it could transfer ANY of my songs because "they cannot be played on this computer".

I payed for every single one of these songs and I'm not willing to lose all that money, so I want to know if there's ANY way I can download another iTunes onto this computer that's already registered to my iPod? I find it hard to believe that everyone will an iPod downloads music from the same computer their entire lives, and I really doubt they erase all of their songs when they switch computers.

Thank you,
Lyndsey White

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13248
What you need to do is back up your iTunes library and transfer it to your laptop.

Install the same version of iTunes that you have on your PC to your laptop first without connecting your iPod.

Username: Lbwhite

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply, but apparently all I had to do was authorize my computer through iTunes to play the songs on my laptop and it worked fine. :-)

Username: Dudeitsbo16

N-villleeeUS

Post Number: 1
im in a really bad situation right now. maybe like 2 weeks ago, my computer crashed and my entire itunes library was gone. Well, I still have all my songs on my ipod but i had to download Itunes over again and now, everytime i plug the ipod in it says that my ipod is used with another computer also, and its not allowed to, so it gives me 2 options erase all files
or update it, of course i update it but nothing happens. How do i get my library from my ipod onto the newly dowloaded version of Itunes back on to my computer?
please help.
:/

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13510
Do a search on "iPod Hacks". You'll get hits on how to transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer. Officially there are no programs to transfer back to your PC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us