Install Beatjam for IM-DR80

Unregistered guest
Hey Guys,
I bought Sharp-NetMD-IM-DR80 from Japan. I try to install BeatJam to my PC but after install I couldn't open this program. It'll show some message "Unrecognized Database Format'C:\Document and Setting\All user.Windows\Application Database\Justsystem\OpenMG BeatJam\Database\MusicDB.mdb'" Very sad & upset. Coz I hope that I could load my song to my news MD.
In fact, I'm not the technology girl. I really do not know how to use this program. Moreover, it's in Japan font which I could not read. I really need all yr help to suggest me how could I do??
Thanks in advanced for all valuable replys.

Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 9

There are two possible problems here....

Possibility 1:
You are opening a later Access database in an earlier version, such as trying to open an Access 2000 database from Access 97.

Open the database in the newer version of Access it was developed or convert the database to the older version.

How to Convert database to previous version in Access 2000/XP/2003

Converting a database in Access 2000 or above to a previous version, will allow a database to work with an older version of Access. Of course, there is a catch! You need to have the newer version of access in order to convert backwards i.e. you can convert back, but obviously not forwards!

The screenshot below shows the menu option in Access XP for converting databases to Access 97, 2000 or 2002. If you need to convert your database tables to Access Version 2.0, this is also possible but more difficult! See the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q141886 - 'How to Create a Version 2.0 Database Using Access 95/97'.

Possibility 2: Your Access database may be corrupt or damaged!

Access database corruption is unfortunately, very common. But even if you don't have a backup copy of your database there are companies like us that specialize in recovering your data back when all else fails.

If you suddenly get the 'Unrecognized Database Format' error message for no apparent reason, the chances are very high the database is actually corrupted. This error message will PREVENT you from opening Microsoft Access and invoking its built-in 'Compact and Repair Database' option (see screen shot above).

If at all possible, restore from a backup if this will not cause too much grief.

The other factor, which may be causing your problem above whichever it may be, is that the software is only in Japanese and your computer can't run it. Try and get an english version of the software. Here is the users manual.

http://www.minidisc.org/manuals/sharp/sharpim-dr80japmanualenglish.pdf

Username: Hilarythacker

Post Number: 1
I have a sharp MD player with sound on that I've recorded from a recent desert trip - but how do I get the sound onto my mac or even my pc ? The mac has cubase & garage band & the pc only beat jam .
Thanks !

Silver Member
Username: Culp4684

Post Number: 102
Rainnie-

Visit http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=idx

Beatjam won't work on non-Japanese PC's. The downloads you need are there. You will need to install Sonicstage first, then the driver for the Sharp IMD-R80.

Hope that helps...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us