RCA Lyra RD2780 Help!

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through May 26, 2005cmcg100
Archive through March 23, 2005eep100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Unregistered guest
just wanna know if someone found solution for the "usb safe mode" screen, i tried everything and nothing change. when i upgrade my lyra it doesn't auto-poweroff, so i have to reset it and the same screen is shown. plz help!

Username: Jeffers

Post Number: 1
hi Does anyone know were i can download a free copy of a coverting program i am trying to get a dvd to my lyra via the computer can this be done thanks.

Post Number: 2
chriss you have to watch ten seconds of a blank screen say when you turn on your dvd player it comes up with a screen press record then wait ten secounds then put in the movie and then press play and then you can record a movie.

Username: Har4805

Can anybody help me? I am trying to put all the songs of one artist in one file not in seperate files, since I don't like all the songs on any cd, I only like 2 or 3 songs on each cd so I want to put all the songs together. But every time I reprofile the Lyra, It puts them in seperate files again. How can I get around this? I hope you can help me. Thanks!!

Post Number: 3
you have too go in to my computer and click on lyra and then go in to the music file right click and go to make new folder the drag and drop the music in there this is what i had to do.

Post Number: 4
PPS you said that you made a battery pack could you give me a price for one to be made or could you tell me how to make one thanks alot

tekkie
Unregistered guest
NOTE TO ALL: SELL YOUR UNITS WHILE YOU CAN AND GET AN ARCHOS. DONT LOOK FOR ANYMORE UPDATES BECAUSE RCA IS RELEASING A NEWER MORE BUGGY PLAYER IN A FEW DAYS AND WONT CARE ABOUT THE 2780.

GET AN ARCHOS- HELL EVEN GET A PSP. MY LYRA HAS BEEN BACK AT THE REFURBISHER FOR OVER A MONTH NOW AND ILL BE SUPRISED IF I GET IT BACK. IM PREPARING THE LEGAL PAPERS. IF AND WHEN I DO GET IT BACK- ITS GOING STRAIGHT TO CRAIGSLIST OR EBAY

Unregistered guest
OK selling this thing is probally my next option so that advice I am considering.
Why the hell can I record from my vcr on this thing and Cannot Record from a video Camera?????
What I am doing (or not doing) is trying to do a helmet cam setup with it but whenever I try to record it says No Video signal cannot record is there a workaround for this maybe? anyone know?
If there is something better out there Please let me know. I could really care less if it plays mp3s or videos or anything I need it to record video and then get it to my computer. Thanks
If you can email me knight60626@yahoo.com
thanks

Concerned Audiophile
Unregistered guest
Is there anyway to fix a broken hard drive in my RCA Lyra 2850A?

Whenever I try to start up I can hear an audible clicking sound about every half a second followed by a buzzing sound all from the hard drive. I had gone through two hard-drive based players in the past half a year and am wondering what should I do about my predicament.

SusuSudio
Unregistered guest
http://www.geocities.com/murdercielago/RD2780Guide.html

this should solve all basic problems with encoding, transfering, etc.

chrisbilal
Unregistered guest
You would think that after a year and a half on the market, RCA would
have issued enough firmware updates to make this an impeccable device
that isn't retuned and or replaced all the time. My headphone jack
recently caved in and I have had tons of problems that we all share.

RCA is rolling out with a new model called the RD2782 and I bet it
will
be crap too. It will be on sale within the month, but when that
happens
they will entirely forget about the 2780 so before they do, we need
to
ambush them with requests for a new firmware or to make the RD2782
uodates compatible with ours. So considering there are almost 200
members, I think we have a big enough voice for them to listen. We
need
to organize a mass email-in to the company, we need to set up a date
and get the word out and come up with a list of problems that can be
fixed with a new update (i.e battery life maximization, gui, codec,
formats etc) It will be very simple on our behalf and should be on
theres. You wonder why Ipod users get gift certificates back and new
batteries. Its because they band together and complain and it has
proved very effective.

One thing that really needs to be addressed in the next firmware
update is the user interface, hard drive problems, the constant
transfer in progress sign and the amount it takes to get to point a
to
point b. One of my biggest quirks is browsing music while listening
to
music. Its the most basic function an mp3 player can have. I dont
think
that RCA believes so. So before RCA forgets about us and dump another
piece of junk on unsuspecting customers, lets make our voice heard.

I will try to coordinate this project with a ton of other rd2780 forums, groups etc and sites. I want to get at least 100 owners or past owners or those interested to email RCA for some action.

Visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rca-lyra-RD2780/ for more info.

http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1&

Unregistered guest
hey chirsbilal you know, you make a very good point about that this is the second time that my headphone jack caved in! the first time i talked to the company and got the runaround for about amoth before they shipped me anew one. then when I got the new one in the same weekend the charger port caved in. so I called the company agin and they shipped me a new one. now this one's headphone jack caved in and now i dont remember the cos. service number to call them.

so either we call and demand new fermware or we demand a new product such as the rd2782.

Unregistered guest
I don't know whts wrong with my MP3 but I can hear it turn on but it shuts off when you let go of the power button.???????

Username: Rudeboy_dread

OK Tech Guy..!!LOL Yes, I too have an infamous RCA Lyra 2780. Mine's been working fine for months now.. No problems recording or anything... Until this weekend. I have a habit of recording movies and dumping them on my external HD when it's full. After I did this the last time, I check the "Settings" on the Lyra and it tells me my hard drive availability is 0.0 GB... Even though when its hooked up to my PC, it shows the full 18.5 available. To be sure, I dragged a copy of "Saw" onto it... It took fine, and played it as it should. Afterwards, I went back to "Settings", and the Lyra didn't even show the differenece after I loaded the near 1 gig file... It still said 18.5 available. Needless to say, when I connect the AV cable to record, it won't let me saying that the Lyra has Insufficient memory. I did the reset dance all weekend... to no avail. Please help! I'm thinking I should just reload the firmware or something... But would that really help?
God bless you Tech Guy!!

Unregistered guest
i put a bunch of songs into my harddrive and when i try to play it, it takes A LONG TIME just to play the song...i feel like it froze but after lik 3-5 mins it starts! does anyone know how to fix that or is it because i have to many songs? (currently i have 1238 songs)

DaRkneSS
Unregistered guest
please visit this website, it should solve all your your non-hardware problems.

http://www.geocities.com/murdercielago/RD2780Guide.html

FiShiE706
Unregistered guest
when i try to record video from my dvd player it "shuts off" after round 2 min. is it stil recording? or did it go into sleep mode?

Anonymous

hey cmcg if you dont hav the number already its 580-634-0115.

Unregistered guest
HI I have a problem with my RD2780A, it seems not to be able to play .avi files, all I see is grenn stripes, but the sound is good.... can someone help me. P.s. sorry if my english isn't good. If someone has a sollution please send me an Email trausti_hilm@hotmail.com

kEzalikus
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I recently purchased a REFURBISHED LYRA.

The problem i am having is:
- buttons seem to be pressed automatically
- volume goes down like its being pressed
- select button seems to be pressed
- play/pause button seems to be pressed

the buttons seem to be 100% fine, i have pulled them out, had a look etc.

it is also very sporatic, i can use it for an hour with no problem, then bang bang bang it will start happening like crazy!

could someone please reply!

Thanks!
(from Australia)

kEzalikus
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I recently purchased a REFURBISHED LYRA.

The problem i am having is:
- buttons seem to be pressed automatically
- volume goes down like its being pressed
- select button seems to be pressed
- play/pause button seems to be pressed

the buttons seem to be 100% fine, i have pulled them out, had a look etc.

it is also very sporatic, i can use it for an hour with no problem, then bang bang bang it will start happening like crazy!

could someone please reply!

Thanks!
(from Australia)

kEzalikus
Unregistered guest
sorry for the double post

i have tried:
- firmware upgrade
- format with fresh firmware

Username: Freestyle

NY U.S.A

Just returned my lyra after 2 days.
I was really hopeful amidst the negative reviews post and comments, but I had to be real with myself and thats what I did. I came to the realization That if a product freezes up three times after the first day it has been purchased It had no business being on the market.
The concept is cool but even after the firmware update it left alot to be desired.
I was so excited reading up on this product.
I went against the advice of friends and loved ones. I took my ENTIRE check and some of my girlfriends (lol) To purchase the 400 dollar Hard Drive player plus 65 dollars for the extended warranty from Circuit City. I was determined to prove the nay sayers wrong.
and even after I got it home and fully charged it downloaded and uploaded the upgraded synced it
loaded the mp3s read the manual (tried) to create playlist recorded a few dvds I had a somewhat positive out look
but then I realized that everyone was complaining about the same thing broken headphones port freezes corrupt files etc..
I saw that the average life span of a working lyra was about 4 to 6 months. I wouldnt complain if it cost me 100 dollars but come on for the price most of us paid for a new RCA Lyra RD2780

Pros:
1. Video Recording excellent and amazing feature (they should have concentrated this gadgets brain on that)

2. earbud material was hot (LOL)

Cons:-(where do I start)
1. Horrible sound - EQ sucked - Headphones sucked - no bass or distorted sound

2. Load time for numerous tracks varied but after load about 2000 or so tracks it slowed down or froze up

3. 20 Gigs didnt seem to be enough

4.!!!!! The worst by far was the battery life o my....
were they really serious I couldnt even properly season it because one video recording was impossible without the power plugged in so even after you unplug it you only had 2 hrs or so of watch time

did i mention the sound sucked for mp3s

but dont get me wrong Im not one of the negative posters That subliminally writes buy the archos buy the archos buy the archos..... NO.......

Well maybe i am but my point is
The RD2780 is obviously the prototype to the soon coming RD2782 this thing looks like it is the one I will be saving up for this one hopefully RCA stops Trying to compete with archos and takes there time in developing a working electronic device that does what it says it will do straight out of the box there is so much that 2780 is lacking I hope they incorporate it all into this one.

If not im buying the Creative Zen media Center

gotta go I'll update later

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyra RD2628A. On the menu screen it has options to sort music by artist, but when I do this, there is nothing there. The only way to see all the music I have put on it is to select the "All Files" and then I get a big list of all of my music in alphabetical order. What I want it to do, that is says it can, is to give me a list of all the artists that I have music from on my Lyra from which I can select certain tacks and such. My mannual probably tells me how to do this but I misplaced it and I was wondering if you know what I should do.

duki34
Unregistered guest
does any body know what to do about dust under the screen...like how do you open the rd2780 thanks

Fear Before
Unregistered guest
Read this one, other people may have the same problem
i tried sending a file that i have that is AVI, but everytime i send it, its no good. i tried converting it to MPEG and WMV but its no good. anyone know a better converter, or what settings i should try to convert too? thanks!

Unregistered guest
Hi, my RCA LYRa 5GB is not working. When i turn it on it says file system corrupted! When I plug it in my computer via the USB cable it cannot read the device. How do I clear the file system or is the problem worse then I think?

Anonymous

does anybody know how to record copyrighted material such as dvds. I go on bussines trips and would like to watch movies. was able to copy oceans 12, but now any time I try to record straight from my dvd player it says that I cant. If anybody knows hoe email me at Roa951@aol.com

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA Lyra media player - I was running with the arm band and it just shut off and will not turn back on - I've changed the battery can you tell me what else could be wrong with it - I do not have my receipt to send it back to your all for a replacement - what can I do - need my MP3 player to workout!!!

Unregistered guest
hey i need help.i did the soldering thing to my audio part of my rd2780.now it say missing or corrupt file update av.but when i tried updating.it wouldnt work please help.

Unregistered guest
Hey i have a lyra 2780, and it's broken. Does anyone have an address where i can send it in to get it fixed? thanks a lot in advance

Unregistered guest
The headphone jack on my 2780 is broken: the sound is distorted and doesn't work right unless you wiggle the earbuds to EXACTLY the right place. I have seen other posters with this problem. I took apart my lyra but the motherboard got stuck in the corner because of the USB and charger plugs. Please e-mail me if you know how to take the m-board out at cjpdude77@aol.com

Unregistered guest
I am having the exact same problem as monkey fuzz
is there any way to fix this by yourself?

Unregistered guest
Hey Tech Guy

I just got my Lyra 2780 and I would like to go back and look at other songs while I am listening to one. The manual told me to hit the menu button but it won't let me. The only thing I can do is hold it down but then I just go back to the main menu. HELP!!

Unregistered guest
Tech Guy

I am having trouble getting back to look at my other music while I'm listening to music at the same time. The manual told me to just hit the menu button but that doesn't do anything unless I hold it down, then it brings me all the way back to the main menu. Also how can I delete music tracks individually?

HELP PLEASE!!

Unregistered guest
quick question guys. i have had my lyra for about three months now and have not had any major problems. However the last time that I updated the firmware it put an audibles folder in the main menu, for audio books. yet when i put the audio books in the folder I cant access them from the audibles folder. it reads the subfolder as empty and even I xfer mp3 files directly without using a sub folder, it just reads empty. i can get to the files in the audio folder but not in the audibles folder. Not a big deal, just puzzling. any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Nevermind guys, I figured it out. Audibles folder is nothing more than a stupid marketing tool for audible.com. A lot of BS if you ask me. Thanks for not answering.

Unregistered guest
Hey all,

I'l getting the "missing or corrupt" files message, and my Lyra won't start up, or show up on USB anymore... Looks like 1 or 2 other people have had this problem, but no idea how to fix it! Can anyone out there give any pointers? Living in Australia, so warranty is out..

Unregistered guest
I have also had the hard drive clicking but not booting up problem. I figure the problem is either the power supply is shot or the hard drive is toast.

I really doubt it's the power supply because it should still work when it's plugged into the wall. I'm thinking the hard drive has gone.

What I'm thinking of doing (and this would be a good recommendation for anyone with software issues) is taking the hard drive out and deeing if it's dead. If it is, I might as well upgrade while I'm at it and put an 80 or 100 in. If the hard drive is still good, back to square 1.

For most software issues, I would say that wipeing and reinstalling is a pretty good method to fix most things (assuming you've tried the reset with the paperclip)

There are posts on how to upgrade the hard drive, but for the most part, the same process should work for a wipe and install. I know most people don't want to lose their music and playlists, but that comes with anything else that uses a hard drive. Backup, backup and backup.

mykolw@hotmail.com

josey
Unregistered guest
To Mox: while playing a song, if you want to go back, just press the power button.

To John: Where did you get the screws to fir the screws on the rd2780? (2nd Version)

josey
Unregistered guest
Anthony: did you try putting on the usb before you turn it on??? and it goes into usb mode? then try installing the firmware again

Unregistered guest
Ok I know that this has been answered before but I cant find the answer. I would like to convert some of my tv shows from the .avi that they are to one that will work on my lyra 2780 and not have to wait three days for the conversion to complete. Could some please just rewrite the program name and maybe a link. I know that the .avi file must have the audio in mp3 and the video must be in mpeg -4 sp. Also would it work if I converted it to an .asf file.

Please shoot me and e-mail or I will check back here later

Bluflame
Unregistered guest
My Lyra 2780 was working fine until the missus put it in the washing machine with my windcheater. It went through the full wash cycle. It still turns on but the hard drive dosnt boot. I have 2 questions.

1. Does a normal notebook hard drive fit into the Lyra?.

2. Is the firmware upgrade all that is needed to run the Lyra or does special software have to be installed?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1493
1) Possibly, still risky for how expensive they are.

2) It requires additional software if I'm not mistaken.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3605
"1. Does a normal notebook hard drive fit into the Lyra?. "

You should put the notebook into the washing machine, too. Then into the dryer to make sure that it shrinks, then you can put it into your Lyra.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1497
They look pretty chunky, but I've never seen one in real life...eh.

Anonymous

Ok I got a Refurbished Lyra RD2760 and over the year I somehow cracked the plexiglass and for some reason deleted everything on it. After all that it wouldn't turn on "unable to load file" or something. I tried to update system files, but would get a "whom" sound. I reformatted it and still no good. Then I finally got a firmware update and like 5 mins later it said new update on the jukebox and so I installed it and it works. However i still don't know what was wrong with it, how i fixed it, and i still can't update system files. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bluflame
Unregistered guest
WASHING MACHINE SAGA. I wrote on the 28th August about how my missus washed the LYRA 2780. Well, I bought a 40gig HD (Hyundai), formatted it on Win98SE and updated the Software. I now have a 40gig LYRA that is working 100%. Thanks Berny. You were no help at all.

Michael K.
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get the NEW lyra rd2782? Some sites say they sell it online, other sites say that a product like this never existed.

And all the sites I checked, especially at cnet, they said this product will come out june 2005. Months have passed and I havnt seen them on the shelfs of any store ive been to.
eg: circuit city, best buy, radio shack, fry's and some other places.

So bottom line is, anyone know where I can get the rca lyra 2782?

If you would like, email me at hyemike@gmail.com

MikeyV
Unregistered guest
Hi... I received a refurbished model a few days ago and it doesn't seem to be charging! There's no indication of it charging... and now the battery is run down, every time I turn it on it locks off again! Can't get it to charge at all... any help?

Mikey

Hunan
Unregistered guest
I have had my lyra 2780 for about a week now and it works perfectly until today. I hooked it up to my dvd player to record a family guy season and I could see the picture but when i told it to record it said "Cannot record, copyright protected." Is there any way to bypass this? Also is there any way to make it a portable screen for a ps2? Tech guy please help me

JSykes
Unregistered guest
I have recently puchased a factory refurbished RCA Lyra 2780 from the USA (I live in the UK)

Unfortunately, the play/pause button has broken.

Can you please advise me whether this is covered under warranty and if so, who I contact with a view to getting it repaired?

Many thanks

Unregistered guest
When i go to record TV on my Lyra it says no video signal. I'm not sure what to do.

Unregistered guest
I bought a refurb RCA lyra 2780 it worked fine for awhile, but then one day it said missing or corrupted system files detected when i started it up. Now everytime i turn it on it goes two dots and goes to that. It won't let me connect it to USB to reformat the firmware. RCA said i need a new one but won't do anything for me and the company i bought it from won't cover it either, is there anything i can do?

Unregistered guest
My iPOD died and I want to buy the Lyra 2780

will it connect to iTUNES ? I've spent over $1,500 on iTUNES songs and want to know how I can sync them all to this Lyra. is this possible ?

Username: Har4805

Hey Tech Guy or anyone else who might be able to help. I made a playlist from within my Lyra 2780 and saved it, and when I went to play the playlist, I went to the playlist but when I selected it all my files of music show up in the playlist file. but when I select any of the music files they say folder does not contain any audio playlists. Since there isn't any music in them, how can I delete them from my playlist folder? I would appreciate any help anybody can give me. Thanks again.

Anonymous

Everyone.I ran into a problem with my RD2780. Could you help me? One day, I turned on the device to watch old episodes of Friends. Then after two dots (loading progress bar thing) the device suddenly comes up with message. "Missing or Corrupted System Files." Well so I tried to connect it to my computer. first I plugged in the USB cable after the error message came on, but it turned off a moment later. second, I plugged in the USB before the message came on (when two dots started to appear) it turned off just like the first time after the error message popped up. Thrid time, I plugged the USB before I even booted it up. Then it went into USB Safe Mode. But no matter I long I wait, the computer won't go Dum Dum~ and recognize the unit. I mean it has too be recognized in order for me to format/upgrade the drive. What should I do? Please help me.

Thank you so much for your time.

<script></script>

<script></script>

Username: Mhp622

hi
i bought a rca lyra 2780 from ebay and the audio jack broke as i used it. i know how to fix the soder leads, if that is what really is broken, which i highly suspect, but everyone i go to doesn't have that small of torque bits and are amazed how small it is. where should i go, these are very small and i wonder if they even exhist?

JAJA
Unregistered guest
If you have a broken headphone jack. Call this number. They will give you another number to call. Then call that number. Did you buy it new? Yes. If there is a line threw the serial number then it was refurbished and I am not sure if they will fix it. It not they will fix it for free. Someone told me it was $100 bucks but they are giving me mine for free.
Please contact us at 1-580-634-0123 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. -

Anonymous

anyone know what kind of screw driver I have to use to open my lyra rd2780? My warraty expired and I need to get the hard drive out.

Unregistered guest
I was able to use a small Flat to open it up, but switching hard drives or disconnecting and reconnecting the old hard drive did not work.

Inuyasha986
Unregistered guest
Just wondering is there any other firmware out for the Lyra? Cause man i've been waiting for a new firmware for forever. When are they ever going to make a 1.0? like have multiple format capabilites?

Chriss
Unregistered guest
Hunan- i had the same problem trying to record my dvd's but all you have to do to bypass the right is to eject the disc for 10 seconds so it is recording the dvd player screen then push it back in after about 8 or 9 seconds and it will record because the dvd only looks for a copyright for the first ten seconds.

Unregistered guest
i need help, none of my folders or music is showing up on my playlist. it sucks because its a real hassel trying to find my music without that+ my lyra 2780 is freezing allot. is there anything i could do so this wouldent happen. and i charge my battery till its full and it only last half the day, I REALLY WANT IT TO LAST LONGER( WHAT CAN I DO).i hope theres a anwser to these questions or i should of just gone with the crowd and bought a cheap ipod

Unregistered guest
is there any other beattery that fits and last longer? please help me look for one, there has to be another one that fits and last longer out there

chrissiles
Unregistered guest
i've solder my headphone jack also, but it is not as dificult as many say. you just have to be a little careful

i opened my rca lyra 2780 with my old glasses repair kit. the soldering wasn't hard at all on the audio jack that i fixed, as posted before. but now my battery is very short lasting also, is there one that works better?

Anonymous

does anyone know how to record from the tv w/o the use of a vcr/dvd, just straight from the tv to the lyra..my tv does not have av in or out so i bought a modulator but i get a no video sign

auw116
Unregistered guest
i baught an rca lyra 2780 and love it...it was working fine and last night i tried to play a video and it froze..how do i reset it or do i just wait for the battery to run out..? please help..post message here or email me @ lotrmc08@gmail.com

stick a toothpick or something inside it, there is a hole on the bottom part of it, the side with the hold switch. you will hear a click. that will reset it, then turn it on again. it should work.

Username: Weirdo45810

as everyone knows the battery life for the rd2780 is TERRIBLE, is there a battery pack or a way to make one?

Anonymous

Everyone.I ran into a problem with my RD2780. Could you help me? One day, I turned on the device to watch old episodes of Friends. Then after two dots (loading progress bar thing) the device suddenly comes up with message. "Missing or Corrupted System Files." Well so I tried to connect it to my computer. first I plugged in the USB cable after the error message came on, but it turned off a moment later. second, I plugged in the USB before the message came on (when two dots started to appear) it turned off just like the first time after the error message popped up. Thrid time, I plugged the USB before I even booted it up. Then it went into USB Safe Mode. But no matter I long I wait, the computer won't go Dum Dum~ and recognize the unit. I mean it has too be recognized in order for me to format/upgrade the drive. What should I do? Please help me.

Unregistered guest
I can't get video on to mine. i dont know where to plug in my wires. It always says no video signal detected. if u have any help. email mr_pickles@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
i have a lyra personal digital player the model # is rd2203 it tells me config. file not found can any one help me?? reply to me @ rcclark2005@yahoo.com thanks

Unregistered guest
Ya i have issues with the audio jack, i will be striping the thing down next week and will take step by step photos and post a link here.
Shame they have not updated the firmware for the unit, maybe we should all email them again?

Unregistered guest
i have a lyra but i let it charged for one night and the next day it did it turn on do you know if i overcharged and i burn something inside?

Anonymous

can anyone tell me what video format Lyra accepts? I've been trying .avi files but the unit comes up with message, something B frame not supported. Could anyone tell me what kind of encoder/converter to use? Doesn't matter if it's free or not. Please help me

Unregistered guest
I have a lyra rd2840 it starts to the RCA LYRA screen stays there for like 2 minutes, then come to a screen that says there was an error try resetting, something about corrupt system files, I reset several times, the USB will NOT even connect to the PC.. any ideas???

Steve
golders@pa.net

Michael_Gerschutz
Unregistered guest
Steve, i had the same problem, i tried many things and nothing ever seemed to work. so what i did was remove that hard drive and put in a new labtop hard drive. Be sure to format it in the FAT32 format when you do this. There is a page on how to perform the swap on http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/96/94/ This also works if your just looking to increase your hard drive space. Unfortunately you lose all your data on your old drive, but at least your lyra works again. hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
hi i also have an rca i am a begginer but my question is can i hear music and at the same time watch photos,how? like in the ipod
post it or send it to zupernico@yahoo.com please thanks

Unregistered guest
I have had my refurbished LyraRD2780 for about six months. For the last 60 days every time I try to record video it shuts off after about 10 minutes. No copyright issues, I've been able to record the same content before. Unit plays back fine, but I can't put anything new on it. I have reset the unit and downloaded the latest upgrade from RCA. Anyone else had this problem, better yet anyone been able to solve it? Its out of warranty, where can I go to get it fixed?

Unregistered guest
how do i get out of USB safe mode?? if anybody knows please email me, sexy_white_boy_@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Hi all,, i just bought a RCA LYRA RD2765A,
at a yard sale cheap, but it says
"File System Corrupted! wat can i do to fix it?
-Omar
e-mail me ociniguez@msn.com

Username: Autumnraine

Wisconsin

Hi there, I hope you can help me. I just purchased a RCA Lyra Mp3 audio/video jukebox model # RD2780 yesterday. It worked fine yesterday. I went to use it today and there are just 2 black lines across the screen and it is making this humming noise (like it is stuck in the on mode). I have tried pressing the on/off button and it does nothing. The noise stays on and so do the black lines. The place where I got it from is actually closing its doors today and they don't accept returns. What do you suggest? Thank you so much!!

Husband was able to get it back on after putting a pin in that little hole but it only lasted a few minutes, it would go on then shut off 2 seconds later, now it won't turn on at all or make any noise. Like it is not even holding a charge. Has anyone had this problem before? Thank you very much.

Anonymous

VIDEO CONVERTER

I download AVI's and use Easy AVI/VCD/DVD/MPEG converter to watch movies on my Lyra.

You must use the MPEG1 settings to re-code those AVI movies. Yes its a pain to take 2-4 hours downloading a movie and another 1-3 hours re-coding it, but hey - its all about what its worth to ya.

Go here ----->
http://www.8864soft.com/avi_dvd_mpeg_converter/index.html

Unregistered guest
After reading all the battery requests for RD2780 I believe i have found one and I purchased two........so if you need a battery for the Lyra RD2780 i think i found the site. I dont know the quality because i just placed my order so check it out and see what you think

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N&pg=prod&ref=RD2780A-BAT&CMP=BAC- froogle

KIMBERLY
Unregistered guest
I HAVE AN RCA LYRA 1075B I WANT TO TAKE IT APPART REMOVED THE SCREWS YET IT WON'T COME APART PLEASE HELP.

Post Number: 4
just a heads up, i have xilisoft video converter and it seems to be fine. all you have to do is register it. when you get it, the best format that i found was the DivX avi format.

Kenneth Baur
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have a RCA lyrc 2760. I have been having some serious technical problems. MAJOR. For quite some time the the MP3 player would not actually connect, like some program was acessing it. It now connects, and it shows under my computer that the F:\ drive is present but when you try to open the F:\ open its stalls and a error comes up with "F:\ not acessible. Incorect Function" WTH!!!!! im would really like to get my precious back up, lol.
Another current problem is that the player seems to switch songs for absolutly no reason. I need help, or im going to have one broken player.

Unregistered guest
Got the 2780. Son pressed down on the joy stick too hard and broke it off the motherboard. Any help to where I can take it to be repaired. Thanks.

JackSparrowDude
Unregistered guest
BATTERY FYI FOR EVERYONE :D
Guys there is an external "battery pack" that some brit is selling on ebay. I bought one and I must say the thing works wonders. It uses 4 AA batteries and mine ran 3-4 hours on it (don't remember exactly how long). It's cool because I use 4 rechargable batteries so once those run out I just swap and recharge :-). Well, I just thought I'd let everyone know. By the way for the search on ebay just type in lyra 2780 and it should come up. Well enjoy!

PS--My lyra 2780 play/pause button broke off. The base "thingy" still works but I can't reach it as what's left of it is in a recess on the player where the stick used to go in. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement stick (just the actual top part---the base still works). Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi I have the lyra too. I used windows media player to transfer songs but it wouldn't go to the artist folder i wanted so i deleted it from my lyra. i tried using the profile contents but it says "embedded profiler error. please use pc profiler"
Now i cant delete any song and cannot record any video it just goes back to menu evertime i press record. please help

Anonymous

I have a Lyra rd2765a and it now says system file corrupted. I was told to hold down the joystick and plug the usb into my computer at the same time but my computer is showing the drive and the device just freeze on the safe to disconnect screen. Please help!!

Anonymous

I have a Lyra rd2765a and it now says system file corrupted. I was told to hold down the joystick and plug the usb into my computer at the same time but my computer is showing the drive and the device just freeze on the safe to disconnect screen. Please help!!

Anonymous

I have a Lyra rd2765a and it now says system file corrupted. I was told to hold down the joystick and plug the usb into my computer at the same time but my computer is showing the drive and the device just freeze on the safe to disconnect screen. Please help!! email me at kpl020581@msn.com

Unregistered guest
Olla,
I am interested to know if anyone has found software that is EXCELLENT for batch converting video for the RCA LYRA 2780.
I'd like to see something work great that comes out with no B Frames and having the Audio Sync flawless while maintaining excellent compression... is this too much to ask???
Anybody had any luck.. I swear, I've tried everything...
Scott

Cody15
Unregistered guest
Hi, i bought a RCA rd2780 and haven't had any problesm with it untill i download a windows media video from the internet and try to transfer it to my lyra. When i try to play it, it says file not supported. I've tried file converters and all of the ones i've tried have not worked. Anyone have any specific converters i should try? Or know what is wrong? Thanks for the help, Cody

Bartman
Unregistered guest
Does anybody know how to fix a broken headphone jack? I can get the screws out, but case still won't open.

Unregistered guest
hello
my rca lyra 2780 freezes near the end of music videos. it freezes around the last 30 second mark. does anyone have any experience with this?

Unregistered guest
i highly recommend reading Matthew Poppe's post about using xilisoft for file converting for all ur rca lyra needs. it fixed my video freezing problems.

Unregistered guest
my lyra ( rd2765a ) wont profile any more is thare any thing i can do to fix this

rascal_k
Unregistered guest
Hey, Bartman
to get the PCB out of your Lyra, you have to take out those 2 joysticks in front, remove the outer plastic cover off the jacks, then inside disconnect the long flatwire connector for display. Raise the pcb on the side of "lock" switch and pull it out toward the "reset hole"

Unregistered guest
speaking of the joysticks in front...i lost one of mine...the select button thingy...anyone know how i can get another? without spending too much?

Leuthy
Unregistered guest
My rd2780a runs fine. Has crashed a total of 3 times in the 9 months I've had it. I need to update the firmware, but aside from that I have been very VERY pleased with this thing. 5 stars from me. You DO know that there's a reset button on the bottom of the lyra (use a paperclip or straight pin) if it crashes, right?

My Lyra beats the Ipod hands down. It's much more robust, records direct from TV, plays direct to TV, and has Compact Flash memory input which I don't think that the Ipod has. The Lyra is a TOOL more than it is a music toy.

If you aren't utilizing this to its full potential, you shouldn't have bought a Lyra2780a.

duffy7
Unregistered guest
my rd2780a had a bad hard drive, so I replaced it and now I can't get, the firmware loaded on it. My pc sees it, but the rca program can't. How do I get this back to normal?

duffy7
Unregistered guest
nevermind I looked closer at the circuit board, under the hard drive. And right on the otherside of the usb connect is chared. Got Parts?

hawaiimike
Unregistered guest
lyra rd2780a worked fine for a long time but now it wont start. I can hear the hard drive spinning up when i hold in the power button but it never boots up and stops when i release the button. also it wont spin at all if the power supply isnt plugged in. i checked the power supply and its shows the proper voltage. is it possible for both the battery and the hard drive to go at once or is that too much coincidence?

lyra15
Unregistered guest
My RD2780 has been working fine untill i play some of my videos on my lyra. The audio isnt playing at the time it should. Like when people are talking their voices dont match up with their lips. If anyone has any answers for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I would like to put one of my DVDs on to my Lyra. Earlier in the forum someone posted that you would have to record blankness for 10 seconds. If this works than do you directly connect your Lyra to your DVD player or to your TV? Anyone have help?

Anonymous

I'm using my RD2780 to record vidio from a helmet cam. Every time I start to record it says no vidio signal found cannot record. Am I missing somthing? plese help

Username: Scarri2016

does anyone know where to get an ac adapter for the rca lyra rd2826a it says it takes a 5.5v ,but I can't seem to find it anywhere except rca which charges $50

Unregistered guest
SAME PROBLEM
2/18/06

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 09:11 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unregistered guest
My RD2765A is not powering on...can you please help me? i have never had a problem until 2 days ago..i have never damged it or anything. Please Help Me

Username: The

how do i record from tv every time i try it says no signal is present if any on knos how to do it e-mail me @ codycodeycodey@yahoo.ca

Username: Notapro

With the Lyra 2780, I understand it's necessary to encode the .avi files you want to play on it with the mpeg4 video codec and the audio as mp3 - I've tried this, using several different bitrates, kH settings, kbps settings, basically everything, and no matter what, when I try to play the file on my lyra, I get an error message reading that the file type is not supported. My question: is there an optimum group of settings for conversion, one that works basically 100% of the time? I've tried so many different combinations, and cannot figure out one that works.

Alos, whenever I try to record video from my tv, I get a "no video signal" message. Am I doing something wrong?

Username: Letsactup

Two quick tips - very simple.
Broken Headphone jack? Purchase a stereo audio adapter and use your headphones through the line out.
"missing/corrupted files"? Has the unit been opened? I had tried to fix my headphone jack, so removed the hard drive, and when it was back together, kept getting this error. I reopened many frustrating days later, removed the drive again, replated it firmly, and now all is working well. Apparently I had not reconnected it well enough the first time.
Hope this helps.

Username: Linvalb

I have 2 lyra rd2780, They are giving me usb safe mode errors and i cannot find a fix for them. I called Thompson in USA but they refused to repair the units.Doe anyone know where i can get then repaired?,I heard that it is just an smd transistor that need to be replaced. Any suggestion out there?

Username: Curli3d

I HAVE A LYRA 2840. WHEN I TURN IT ON IT STAYS ON THE RCA LYRA SCREEN AND DOES NOT GO TO THE MAIN MENU. RESETTING IT DOES NOT WORK. WHAT CAN I DO?

Username: G0sxc

Whalley, Lancs Uk

yes i repair them for you and i also supply the part and detailed instuctions with free shipping
15.00 usd and its a money back offer !!!!
email me at g0sxc@yahoo.co.uk
kevin(subsurfaceradio.com)

Username: G0sxc

Whalley, Lancs Uk

sorry the part is only for the rd 2780 usb safemode !!!!! g0sxc@yahoo.co.uk

Post Number: 5
I got the audio jack fixed, but now the darn thing won't charge. I pulled it apart and the charge gets to the battery, but when I put it back together, the charging signal on the batter icon is not there. There is a new battery in it. Any ideas?

Username: Jacklyons

London, London England

HI ALL,
I ACCIDENTLY LEFT MY RCA LYRA RD2780A IN THE BACK OF A CAR, WHEN IT WAS FREEZING COLD. NOW IT WILL NOT WORK, I CAN TURN IT ON BUT NOTHING LOADS UP. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS EXACTLY WRONG WITH IT.
THANK YOU

JACK LYONS
(ENGLAND)

Username: Devinetechdiva

the usb port broke on my RCA Lyra RD2780 20 GB Digital Media Player and when I called customer service to get it repaired, they told me I would have to pay $99 dollars to send it back to the depot to be repaired. If there any place cheaper in NYC that I can get it repaired and if its possible to do it myself that would be great.

Thanks

Aderia Jones

Username: Usalyra

On my Lyra RD 2780 i go into setup, then Lyra info and it says that the hard drive capacity is only 18.6 GB, shouldn't it be 20 GB? My lyra is has the latest firmware installed... could that explain for the loss of the 1.4 GB?

Username: Maverickballer

this should help all those having the "missing or corrupt files" error. right click start then click explore. find the lyra drive under the folders then right click the lyra drive and click format. this will erase everything on the lyra so you might want to drag files off the lyra first before you format it. after that, go to "http://www.rca.com/content/viewdetail/1,2811,EI700561-CI266,00.html" follow the directions on the firmware update and your lyra should work fine.
and to answer cody's question, no the 1.4gb wasnt lost to the update. if you checked your lyra before the update it was already at 18.6gb. im pretty sure all lyras are at 18.6gb or at least my two are.

Username: Usalyra

Ok, Thank you very much kenton for your response

Username: Devinetechdiva

the RCA Lrya rd2780A need a T-1 7 security torx screwdriver which you can buy at the local hardware store

Username: Igorsmith

HELLO,
I HAVE A LYRA RD2780A AND MY SELLECT BUTTON BROKE COMPLIETLY OFF THE MOTHER BOARD AND I NEED A NEW BOTTON.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS/ ADVICE OR WANT TO SELL YOUR RD2780 FOR VERY CHEAP CONTACT ME AT igorsmith@gmail.com. THANKS AHEAD

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8403
Hey Igor,
There is a button on the left side of your keyboard called "caps lock" check it before typing in all caps.

Username: Ktcon

I too have a RCA Lyra 2780. Mine's been working fine for the past year.. I had no problems with recording until last week. I record movies and transfer them to my computer when the Lyra is full. After I did this the last time, I checked the "Settings" on the Lyra and it tells me my hard drive availability is 0.0 GB... Even though when its hooked up to my PC, it shows that the full 18.5 available. I dragged a copy of one of the videos on it and it worked fine, and played it as it should. Afterwards, I went back to "Settings", and the Lyra didn't even show the difference after I loaded the 1 gig file... It still said 18.5 available. When I connect the AV cable to record, it still won't let me record saying that the Lyra has insufficient memory. I reset the Lyra several times but it still didn't change. Please help! Should I reload the firmware? Please email me at cekatie@hotmail.com.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Username: Kier

does anyone know what the battery size/name is of the RCA Lyra RD2780A??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us