Samsung YP-T8Z

Username: Phoenix27

Post Number: 1
My Samsung YP-T8Z was received about 1 March 2006. Week before last a problem began. Upon applying power, the system begins loading and locks-up. After connecting the player to a computer via USB cable, the Samsung displays "USB Connected. Safely Remove From PC." Windows explorer shows a device connected, but displays the message: "Please insert a disk into drive G:." No files can be written or copied to or from the device. Could not load updated firmware to the device.

Upon contacting Samsung for warranty work, I was told to look on the back side of the player for the serial number. There was no serial number label, so Samsung would not honor the warranty. My son nor I recall seeing a label on the back cover of the device. The operator's manual does not indcate a serial number location. Has anyone had a problem with these devices being shipped without serial numbers? Mine came from Amazon.com. Could this be a sneaky way Samsung or the retailer gets around providing warranty support or accepting returns?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us