Lyra RCA MP3 Players

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 25
This thread will attempt to address some of the various RCA Lyra mp3 players.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
The RCA LYRA mp3 Jukebox underwent a major makeover for 2003, sporting a new, compact design and metallic silver finish, and a storage capacity boost, now holding up to 10,000 songs. The new 40GB RCA LYRA mp3 Jukebox, model RD2840, includes a USB 2.0 connection for high speed transfers, on standard USB connections, and up to 15 hours of battery playback.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Put a Virtual VCR and Hours of Entertainment in Your Pocket The palm sized 20GB Lyra Audio/Video Jukebox is a world full of entertainment at one's fingertips enabling movie and music buffs to easily transport hours worth of their favorite content in their coat pocket.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Lots of features. Works as advertised. Excellent menu lets you find your song in the 1.5 GB of storage by Artist, Album, Song title, Genre, and even Year. Overall great unit.

Unregistered guest
I hope this post about my lyra 2010 is okay....
1. I am having trouble with fm presets since I upgraded to 1.51. Are these set differently now with the new upgrade?
2. Is there a way to make the player start with the last song played? I've heard the same song 14 million times. EEEKKKK!!!!!
3. Is there a place to access instructions on how to use the new capabilities of 1.51 or do we just guess?
Thanks to anyone listening.

Unregistered guest
hello i have a lyra mp3 player but i cannot obtain the software to add music on the list,where could i find the software again so i a may be able to add music for my daughter.
please help

I hate RCA
Unregistered guest
try real or music match (freeware)

Unregistered guest
I bought a rca 1028A Mp3 player and lost the CDrom, therefor not being able to even download anything. I need to obtain the CD to download the prodcut information so that I can download music. I have attempted numerous times to contact RCA support services and have been told that I have to buy a new MP3 player to obtain that software (and I don't want to do that). Please help!!! How would I go about getting that software without buying a new player?

misa
Unregistered guest
i have the RCA lyra mp3 and i downlaoded the jukebox...but i have limewire with all my good songs, how do i download those onto my mp3?

stop telling me my username is invalid
Unregistered guest
bought an ipod about two weeks ago. after extreme dissatisfaction i returned it and bought 5 gig lyra. beautiful. almost everything i could want in an mp3 player.

annyoed87
Unregistered guest
I have had a RCA lyra since Christmas and already the songs are skipping and the head phone have shorted out. Do you have any ways to stop the songs from skipping , its driving me insane. And its not the CDs because i clean them before i download them.

Tigerlilie
Unregistered guest
I just received an mp3 player a few weeks ago. I'm having problems downloading music from CDs. I've had only a few successful transfers. Also, I find it difficult to change from the radio setting to my music.

Can anyone help?

Tigerlilie
Unregistered guest
I just received an mp3 player a few weeks ago. I'm having problems downloading music from CDs. I've had only a few successful transfers. Also, I find it difficult to change from the radio setting to my music.

Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
I have had my 2010 awhile ago and am having serious problems. It worked fine until recently when i decided to change my songs...they saved under artist and now it wont let me scroll through anything, it just goes tot he first song of the first artist, an dbeside every song i can see is an empty music note. it wont play any songs and when i delete them from my memory and upload new songs, (i can see i did this on two different computers) the old songs will only appear and not play

Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have had my 2010 awhile and am having serious problems. It worked fine until recently when i decided to change my songs...they saved under artist and now it wont let me scroll through anything, it just goes tot he first song of the first artist, an dbeside every song i can see is an empty music note. it wont play any songs and when i delete them from my memory and upload new songs, (i can see i did this on two different computers) the old songs will only appear and not play

Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have a RD 1028 and i cant get my computer to download my songs to my player....what do i do?

Me and my Mac
Unregistered guest
Will the RCA Lyra Mp3 work with a Mac? Seems to require Windows! Is there a downloadable fix/driver/anything that will allow my Mac to recognize the Mp3 player?

Unregistered guest
i have an lyra 1028 and i acidently downloaded the wrong firmware, after so the computer wont reconize it and it wot turn on. before it shut off when i downloaded the firmware it said "usb konnected" on the screen, and a bar wen't across it. and shut off. what do i do to get my comy to reconize it to put new firmware on it? or better yet is there a recovery built in to it? plz help.. tnx in advance......Email plz

Unregistered guest
I bought a RCA lyra RD2010 and I've downloaded the songs but it won't play!!!!I go to the music...nothing I'm very dissapointed, SOMEONE HEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

Unregistered guest
Hello, my Lyra 2765 ceased working recently and gives me a "File System Corrupted error" What can I do? Also would I need the install disc because I have misplaced it. Thank you.

redsox005
Unregistered guest
my dad has a RCA player and he hasn't opened it!
he has had it for 2years! :-)

Username: Danhamby

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me how to transfer a podcast from itunes to my rca lyra?

Leon Rue
Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 2312FM. Controls are a little "iffy". Hard to get to next song. Filled up memory fast so got a 512 card. Found it helps to turn up Lyra volume when using the FM car adapter.Manual does not explain the LOCK feature.

Pendejo
Unregistered guest
I just got a 1028A, downloaded my songs from my pc via Windows Media Player and it works fine. Just wondering if I can add more memory to it.

Username: Crazyblackboy

my rca lyra says it can hold160 song but only holds53 whats up

Pendejo
Unregistered guest
You can't go by # of tracks because the tracks are different lengths and MB size...you go by the capacity of the MB....for example, a track that is 8 minutes long can be 10MB of memory, while a 4 minute track will be 5MB....although it also depends on the compression of the track as well.

Anonymous

Trying this again. My grand daughter rec a rca mp3 for christmas. It has a song recorded to it by Duvall. Do they come with a song recorded or did she get a store returned item??

Pendejo
Unregistered guest
That's a demo to make sure the unit works....I've got the same track....I tried to delete it after I loaded my other tracks and couldn't, but there must be some way to do it.

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA lyra rd 1028 and all my music is on itunes how can i transfer them to my mp3?

becca starr
Unregistered guest
i cant figure out how to delete music from my mp3 player once i have it on there.

becca starr
Unregistered guest
please help as soon as possible

johnna
Unregistered guest
i'm new to all this. i bought my daughter a lyra (not sure which version)for christmas. i want to convert the wma files to mp3 so i can download them to the player. the manual does not give instructions on how to do this. I also have music match so which is easier to use? thank you.

Unregistered guest
i purchased a lyra 2317FM player, i've downloaded the software and when i plug the usb in all the player says is usb connected and will not power on, i am completley lost with this and really need some serious help, i bought this for my son which he is trying to be patient until i find help thanks for any help i can get

Username: Sheena

Us

I some how copied 2 of each song to my lyra RD1072 mp3 player. I think i know how i got 2 of them but i can't figure out how to delete the extra songs off my player. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything about deleting songs. In the instruction book it has something about deleting programmed tracks and i tried it but it doesnt delete the songs. Someone PLEASE help me before I go crazy.

Username: Davidb565

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 2
Here is how I delete songs. after you have your player hook up to your computer,

Go to my computer and click and open the drive it is in. Mine in E so I open it and I delete the songs or album I want to and that is how I do it.

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 3
Here is how I put music on my player.

If it is new out of the box.Install the software and connent to computer through the USB port.

Now I have all of my music from CDs on my computer in My Music.

I go to my music and highlight the albums I want at one at a time and right click and choose send to Drive E where your player says it is and left click and it will send it and install it on your player.

When I want new music this is what I do to delete the musioc from the player.

Go to my computer after connecting player to USB port and open the drive player is on E is mine. I CAN SEE THE ALBUMS I want to delete and I highlight them one at a time and then delete from left side list. and after that I am ready to install new music.

I got my player this Christmas and this works for me. I tried Musicmatch once to get the music installed on it the first time but after that it keep telling me I had to download the plugin for my computer everytime so I came up with my own way of putting my music on my player and deleting it off after I listen to it that I am sick of it.

This I have learned work so just try it.

By the way do not delete the demo song Duval either because I have a feeling it holds the program to run the player but if you have and it still works let me know so I can delete that piece of junk. I am a little afraid to do it.

I hope this helps all of you.

David

Silver
Unregistered guest
hopefully someone can help soon. I bought my daughter the Lara MP3 player. I downloaded the music and transfered it to the MP3 player, it shows the amount of tracks there and circles through them all but never plays them.

I have tried the following:
Adding them to the Demo folder, adding them out of the demo folder, adding them in a new folder, removing the demo song, readding the demo song. I noted the demo was a read only file and even changed the new musci to MP3 and read only in some hope it would work.
I have tried everything I can think of. some help soon please would be wounderful before my daughter drives me up the wall and out of the house*L*

Silver

Anonymous

the problem with this player is the copyright protection (DRM) for the music. I have found that most of my music won't work with this player. Even when I use the application for copying a new cd that has just retreived the license on-line from the publisher.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia/drm

I'm getting frustrated with this unit and I'm going to vote that we return them to the vender, do research for a better one and buy it instead.
cheers,
B

chips
Unregistered guest
It's me ^^ again, today I was sucessful at getting every single piece of music I own to work in this pesky little devil(RCA Lyra)
I find it's just easier to work with MS windows media player, forget the rest. It's true that the drivers contained in Music match just make my sound card rock but...
1)connect the Lyra to your pc via USB link
2) open windows media player
3) select TOOLS, then select OPTIONS
4) open COPY/RIP tab and make sure the " COPY Protect MEDIA" box is unchecked.
5) now copy or rip cd music etc. to your regular music folder on your PC using windows media player.
6) Once completed goto SYNC function on your media player (called copy to portable media device in version 8 or earlier)
7)click edit playlist and select the music you just copied to your pc
8) click start sync button and your music should then be transfered to your portable
If windows media player didn't find your portable device, plug it in again and shut down and restart windows media player.
cheers,
BoB

Username: Mtn848

I have a rca lyra 2212 I put some new music on it and when I went to listen it said that there were no songs on it at all so I tried to plug it back in to my comp and the musicmatch portable device manager says it needs new plugins so I down loaded everything rca had for it and still get the same results. whats going on?

debmil
Unregistered guest
pleaasssssssse can anyone help????
i have just purchased a rca lyra 1076, i have a mac ibook will i ever get it to work.

chips
Unregistered guest
Joe try upgrading your version of MM Jukebox to version 9 or 10 if haven't already. I found it didn't need plug-ins and it recognised my Lyra 1076 right away. It always works better to rip your music onto your harddrive first and then copy onto your MP3 player using the application in MM juke box.

eshafer
Unregistered guest
David, you can delete the demo song Duval, and the Demo folder as well. I think possibly the volume, tone, etc settings are stored in a file named Settings in the Lyra root folder (don't have it open now, this is from memory). I add and delete songs the way you do, pretty much, just open everything up in Windows Explorer and drag and drop. Mine plays everything in alphabetical order, so you can make folders named a, b, c, and so on, and put stuff in them, and it will play the a folder first, everything in it alphabetically by filename. That makes it easier if you don't want to fool with programming the play order in the Lyra.

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 5
Dear Eshafer:

Thanks for telling me that about the demo file. There are so many here who are having problems putting music on their player.

I would not even use Musicmatch player to put music on the player. I think our way works alot easier than trying to get musicmatch to work.

Be honest I never did figure out how you deleted music using MusicMatch Player so that is why I went to my computer and highlighted the E drive and I saw my music there and deleted it there and then went to my music and sent the music to E drive and it was put on my player there.

I did not even use Musicmath but one time and then I decided then the way we were doing it was the best way to go. It sure is the easiest way alright.

I like the naming of the folders A,B,C. I bet that works real easy. I will have to try that.

Thanks agains

David

Raider312
Unregistered guest
I've had nothing but problems transfering DRM files to th RD2765. MP3's are not a problem. I have transfered them using Musicmatch, Yahoo Music Engine, Windows Media Player 10 and Lyra Sync (when in MSC mode). However, trying to move DRM protected files does not work most of the time. Some files will work, others won't. Sometimes you get license erros on the RCA, but you can play them via Media Player. Have made sure that the files have current licenses and then transfered to the RCA and still get licensing issues.

The firmware was updated and Media Player 10 is up to date as well.

I bought this unit specifically for DRM protected media and so far it's failing badly on this front.

Unregistered guest
I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY LYRA 1076.I'M NOT SEEING IT CONNECTED TO MY MEDIA PLAYER OR MUSICMATCH.WHAT DO I DO?PLEASE HELP!SO FRUSTRATING!

Username: User

Mburg

ripping CD's to MP3 - Use Audiocatalyst.
copying MP3'S to Player - Use Explorer/My Computer.
WMA's work ok on the device as well.
(DRM)?!?!not sure what that is.
Media Player and Music Match usually get deleted off of my computer.(winamp!!!)
As far as the drivers being updated, I think the had a link in the directory that it gets installed to(Start->programs->rca....->Update Device)
hope this helps.

Unregistered guest
Own a Lyra RD1075B. I bought a 256 SD Card but the player will not recognize it. I read somewhere about formatting the card. Does this work and how do you do it. Love the player and have never had a problem transferring songs to the flash memory. Can you help me. Thanks.

Dr Mom
Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 2212. It keeps freezing. I can get podcasts to play just fine. I can get other mp3s to play too. However, when I try to get Audible files to play (loading them on the Lyra using Audible Manager), they freeze the unit. The only way out is to remove the clip, access the battery and remove it to reboot it. Why didn't they put a reset button on this thing?!!

If anyone has any suggestions about the Audible stuff, I'd REALLY appreciate it. RCA has NO help. Audible doesn't respond. And i'm going NUTS!!

Unregistered guest
i have a lyra 1028 and i downloaded a bunch of songs on it, however, i want to delete some but have no idea how! I tried doing what the book said but either i'm doing it completely wrong or it won't work...if anyone could help me please email me at czirbel@centurytel.net

Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 2212, After removing all the tracks from my player, I have noticed 2 little problems, First, It says there are no tracks on the player but my memory is only at half of what it should be, how do I get that memory back.
second, if there are no tracks on the player, why do the song titles, and album names remain in the player.
I sure hope someone can help..Thanks

Username: Boy9enius08

Post Number: 4
ok i deleted the firmware off my lyra RcA RD1028 can some one copy theirs and send it 2 me please my email is CartoonBoy222000@msn.com and my aim and yahoo id is boy9enius08 thanx

Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 1072A. It worked correctly, but now when I try to start the player, it begin to start indefinitely. What must I do, and where can I find the firmware for update. Please, help me.

Username: Azriel

i just had a quick question. i just bought one of RCA's 128 mgb mp3 players about a month ago and it worked just fine over christmas break and then when i got back to school i went and pulled some songs off my school computer from my itunes (my school only uses apple softwear) and well afterwards my mp3 player wouldn't even turn on i tried putting new batteries in it and everything and it still wont turn on. so my question is does anyone know if there is something with itunes that would make it react like this or is it some thing else? and if its something else what could it be

Unregistered guest
Hi!
My M200E512 Lyra mp3 player shows that:Incorrect Format,Reformat the player.But my comuter dont see the player. :-( HELP! I reinstall all drivers and programs and i can still open lyra on my computer.:-( HELP!

craig lake
Unregistered guest
arghh!! I'm having the same problems as most of you.. I have the lyra 2010. It's never really worked well.

Everyone that needs software or to upgrade teh firmware, go to www.rca.com/digitalaudiodownloads and find your player and d/l what you need. If you get the firmware upgrade, then there is an option to format your flash drive which will clean it up completely.

I've done all that, plus (run 'chkdsk e: /f') which identified a whole ton of garbage which I eventually deleted. I'm like some of you, I just plug in the USB cable and using windows explorer, I open up the e:/ I've been able to drag some files to it just using windows, but no longer....

Now anything I try to sync or copy to the lyra, goes until somewhere between 18 - 43% then completely hangs, after 3-4 minutes it errors out with an IO error. I bought this stupid thing 6 months ago and what a complete waste of money. I don't even think I can take it back for any kind of refund or exchange. I don't think I'll ever get an RCA again -- I bought my daughter an off brand MP3 player for Christmas last month and have had 0 problems with it...

Unregistered guest
hey
umm i was just wonder how could i put music on my lyra mp3 player from a c.d ??? please help!!!<3 thank u all

Username: Sumi

Lyra MP3 players
To use with a Mac - there is no Mac software, you can not create playlists etc.

Once you have the player connected to your Mac, double click it's icon that shows up on your desktop. Drag your selection of mp3s into the window. After the copying is done drag to icon to the trash to eject it and then you can disconnect the player. That's it, that's all you can do.

To erase, and you can only erase the whole thing, first save anything that is not a mp3 - SETTINGS.DAT (stores your radio preferences, I think)and sys_playlist(not sure if leaving this out will affect anything)- to your computer, next open disk utility and choose the player, then click the erase tab. In the volume format menu choose MS-DOS. After it's done drag the SETTINGS.DAT and sys_playlist back onto the player icon and you're ready to put new music in.

Don't you just love it when they say it's Mac compatible but offer no support or instructions?

Brian1234
Unregistered guest
I have an rca lyra RD1028A. It works perfectly but then I got a 1g memory card and the mp3 player only reads it sometimes. I know it's not the battery cuz i tried a brand new one. Can anybody help me with this cuz i am tired of listening to the same songs over and over again!!! Thanks!

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 6
Brian:

I believe I read that the RD 1028 only uses up to 512MB but 256MB really works better.

If I am wrong about this please post the lastest news on the memory limit.

David

Username: Chesterlaw

How can i delete the demo song off my RD1072A?

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 7
Valerie:

After you hook it to your computer, go to my computer and click E drive or whatever drive your player is on. highlight the demo folder and right click and click delete. It should be deleted from your Player.

David

Jen088890
Unregistered guest
Hi --

I would like to reformat my lyra 2765, or reinstall the firmware if I can. The problem I have is that the device is not even recognized on my computer. When I plug it into Windows, it tells me that is is not recognized. I am not able to see it nor does it give me an option to reformat. In linux I can no longer mount it at all. The USB it occupies shows no such device when before I was able to see it just fine.

So is there some way I can reformat this? The firmware reinstall from the website does not even see my player and asks me to plug it in. It is in! heh. Any suggestions? I just want to reformat. fdisk doesn't see it either (just thought I'd see if IT saw it or not).

Thanks!!

Anonymous

I have an rca lyra and i cant find out how to delete songs?what to do

Unregistered guest
I got a RD2762 and i put pictures on it and it says file format not supported so how do i make it to the right file

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 8
Anonymous:

Please read above posts and you will see how I add songs and delete songs from my player.

I think if those who has problems will read the posted questions and reply I believe you will find the answer to your questions especially how to add songs and to delete them.

I have answered that question 2 or 3 times already.

I hope this will help all of those.

The lyra player is a MP3 player. I never heard one holding photos. I would not try that. The player is for music so do not try to use it for something it is not intended for.

You are just asking for trouble.

I hope this helps

David

Jen088890
Unregistered guest
you can put photos on it. I was able to without problems. I think they need to be in .jpg format. I'm sure they can't be huge either...

Unregistered guest
Hi i just got my mp3 player mine is an RCA Lyra RD1076 i don't know how to put the songs in it .and my computer did even say it found new hardware so if you can help me in way it will be very good . email me at angelfreak2003@yahoo.com

kss55442
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to get the RD2762 to remember what it was playing when the unit is turned back on? I can't believe they give you a 4GB drive to store songs on and then not remember where you were at power off.

Username: Riskman1

Greetings All,
I'm sure this topic has been discussed previously, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a software that will allow me to copy the songs in my Lyra, back to my hard drive in order to play them with media player or real player? I am afraid I know the answer, but I thought I would ask anyway. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Blackz

Camden, Nj Usa

MY RCA LYRA RD2762B FILE SYSTEM HAS BECOME CORRUPTED WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Unregistered guest
ARGGGGGGGGGGG please help. my rca lyra 1076 came with a song preloaded and i cant remove it or add any songs to it. it plays the songs i have loaded on the SD card only....... what the helll if any one can help please eamil me at ToneBritt@yahoo.com

frusturated1
Unregistered guest
Okay, first of all...I'm not going to ask for help with deleting or uploading files.

However, I would like to know if anyone else has had a problem with their Lyra 1076...Specifically a problem where the buttons stop functioning after turning on. I have tried several times to fix it by taking out the battery and reinserting it, but it doesn't work. The music plays well, but I can't change the song, turn up the volume, etc. I can't even turn it off. Could someone please explain to me what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance...

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 9
Dear All:

Lets start from the beginning. you open the box when you get home from where you bought it.

First thing you do throw the instruction booklet in the trash because 90% of it is in Spanish or Latin. The rest of it is printed so small you can't read it.

2. put the disk that came with your player into your cdrom drive and download the software into your computer.

3. hook up your player to the USB port on the computer using the connecting USB cord provided with your player.

At this point your computer should say it found new hardware and a board come up saying which program to use.

I choose none and hit cancel.

4. click on start and open my computer and you should see the drive that your Lyra player is attached to. Mine is E: Drive

click on E: Drive and it should open your player memory and you should see the demo folder.

Highlight the folder by clicking on it once and right click and choose delete and it should be gone. If you have other songs on there do the same thing and it should delete them too.

5: now you have all of your songs deleted and you want to add new songs.

Don't use Musicmatch. It worked one time and keeps on telling I needed a device plugin after I downloaded it from the net.

To add your songs with your player still connected to your computer. Open my music on your computer and highlight the songs you want on there and right click and choose Send to and you should see the E Drive or whatever drive your player is on then left click 2 times and it should send the music you have chosen to the memory of your player..

I would say this make sure you add MP3 songs. I think if you try to add wrong songs formated song you are not going to hear them on this player.

Ipod and Lyra don't mix. It is like oil and water.

You should be able to delete the songs off your player the way I mention above and put the Mp3 song on it the way I stated above.

By the way someone mention they could not get the player memory and their SD card memory. it is this simple. You can not have both. you can have both with music on it but it will only play one or the other. You have to take the card out to play the internal memory of your player and then put your card in and play the songs on the card.

As for reformating your player it makes sence but I do not know how to do it.

I got mine for christmas and added the song from my computer like I mention above and I have had no problem with my player except changing out the battery.

I hope this answered most of the questions about the Lyra Player.

David

newbie2003
Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra Audio Jukebox 2850. It was working fine one day and now everytime I try to turn it on it says "Bad or missing lyra_sys folder. Must update Lyra HD System files."

I don't know what or how this happened, or what in the world to do to fix it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm just now beginning to realize how much I rely on this thing.

Unregistered guest
i have a lyra 1028. when i plug in the usb cable it doesnt do anything. it usually says usb connected, but now it does nothing. i replaced the battery and that didn't work. i have used 3 different usb cables so i know its not that. if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Aretard
Unregistered guest
ok i have a RCA Lyra RD1021 and its a piece with the whole holds like 18 songs ne way but i have a scandisk 256 mg sd card and when i put it in it wont stay in it just pops outand i feel really retarded can anyone recomend a good card that works well with this model

thetroubledone
Unregistered guest
OK, I have an RCA 2312FM and I got the wrong CD with the product. Therefore, i can't install the darn thing. What do i do, who do i call, can anyone help me please!...
*send all replies to veri_2@hotmail.com*
i just kinda google'd RCA lyra and this page came up thanks a lot for the help i need it badly.. :-)
-Sandro

Username: Ardent04

Wenatchee, Washington Us

I thought that i had posted this AM but i can't seem to find it so one more time. I got a lyra 2010 {b} which the {b} doesn't seem to pop up anywhere. Anwyway I was syncin the songs from WMP10 but that quit workin so I have been click and drop from the actual music file both from "my music" to the H:disk on My Computer which sometimes is throught the WMP10 and other times from the folders from emusic. I got a new gig and although I was unable to get anything on the other 32m cards {even thought "my Computer" recognized them}. I was able to get 97 songs on the gig card. Now no matter when i am trying to get the song to the card it says ,,,"Cannot Copy "song name" The Directory or File Cannot be Created. '''"I checked the disk usage it has 506 USED m and 471 FREE m. I can listen to all the songs but how do i get to use the other 1/2 of the card plus i havn't even used the onboad 256. any help.???????????? you can e mail me at ardent04@hotmail.com if you dont want to post . HELP!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA RD2212 Lyra, we downloaded the software and was able to download a couple songs from our cpu. when we went to download more the Lyra software will not even open on the cpu any more and the Lyra mp3 memory says 0 avalible and 0 total. is there any way to reset this. and is there any way to get the Lyra software to operate again. the software worked once and now when you double click the icon it doesn't do anything. also the lyra icon is missing from the sys tray.

Wenatchee, Washington Us

Thanks Trey for the help. ... mmm .. but as it seems i have no problem with my computer recognizing both the H: card my G:LYRA and regognizing that i have only used according to copm.504m with 471m free. The lyra 2010 itself even recognizes that i have used 0 of 128 internal and that i have used 471 of 976 { a TAD} external ..a bit.. diff. than the computer but all in the same. My model doesnt seem to have a reset button, and is howerver still making an effort to put more on that card but i think it might have to do with foldering on the lyra as i only have 1/2 of the total possible population of songs. Also whats up with using the disk again... the only thing my disk did was automatically attatch me to music match and caused a headache with my bank. I didnt notice anything important there......but that doesnt mean its not there.?!?!? Because it did put a LYRA ICON in my tray.... But I will try double clicking the icon in the tray. Thanks for your help trey.... any more "iders". They are all greatly welcome.

TECHSUPPORT
Unregistered guest
WARNING!!!!!!!!!
There has been a corrupted file installed on ALL LYRA MP3 players, upon plugging in device to your USB port the corrupted files is automatically installed to your c:system file with install wizard. This file commands the internal fan in your cpu to shut off, thus causing excessive heat and WILL PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE INTERNAL COMPONENTS OF YOUR HARD DRIVE. RCA has recommended that all LYRA MP3 players built after 6/2005 be returned to the store where purchased for a full refund. Note= some stores are only giving store credit due to the excessive quantity of LYRA MP3 players being returned. Hope this info helps you.....

Sailor guy
Unregistered guest
I thought that Gateway was full of it when they said it wasn't their fault when my tower started smoking! Now I'm beginning to wonder!!! My tower got so hot that when I went to shut it off, the button burned my finger and blistered my cuticle!!

Wenatchee, Washington Us

Hey TECHSUPPORT!! Considering that we all know how little there is out there to help us { or we all wouldn't be here so much} where can a person get proof of this to take to the store to get another lyra....HAHA... at least store credit?

Wenatchee, Washington Us

Post Number: 4
Anyone out there know what TECHSUPPORT has goin on? Where i can gain rca proof to show to the store that it was made before June 05????? And still whats up with the disk and the heaven forebid i sound as atupid as i am but the firmware?? Well I am outta here gonna go find some audible books!

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 10
Tech support

I have search the internet and did not find out about any recall so it might be true or it is not true.

Which is it? If it fried your HD how are you using your PC?

David

Wenatchee, Washington Us

Post Number: 6
TUCHE!!
Nice to hear a voice of sanity on this "oh my goodness" board. Thanks for quelling the fears. I dont know if you saw it I dont remember who wrote it but tech support..haha....line 580-636-0115. Est. M-F 8 to 8 ends 10-7. I havnt tried it yet but i thought that i'd pass it on. Stay sane. And keep the voice of reason close.

Anonymous

Is there a way to correct/edit incorrect info on an RCA RD2765A? Thanks.

TECHSUPPORT
Unregistered guest
First off, there is more than one computer in this world. FYI, I have had to resort to using my WORK computer for all of my online needs. The tower that got fried was my HOME computer. Second of all, where did I state that there was a recall??? I just thought that I would give everyone a heads up on some information that I came across from some peoples personal experiences. I researched it and found the serial number breakpoints of the units in question. I came here to post them and now I see these personal attacks, so you know what? Find the information yourself!!! So much for trying to be helpful and pass along a friendly heads up!

Wenatchee, Washington Us

Post Number: 8
Hey there. Didn't mean to touch a sensative spot. I wasn't in the business of a recall however when "WARNING!!! There has been a corrupt file stored on ALL LYRA MP3 players upon plugging device to your USB port the corrupted files is automatically installed on your C: with install wizard...." and to go on that..." LYRA HAS RECOMENDED THAT ALL MP3 PLAYERS BUILT AFTER 6/2005 BE RETURNED TO THE STORE WHERE PURCHASED FOR A FULL REFUND" Those things made one understand that you were speaking from absolute truth ... not a " some poeple have....done ... this..."
So hey tell ya what you want to continue to help out with your posts thats really cool,however if you are only interested in with holding info from some because you felt slighted..{and i do read these posts up and down ..just in case i can help or be helped by what has been written} then thats a bit sad causeI have no under standing where theses"personal attacks " are. Hope ya have a better day.

Trey3377
Unregistered guest
Hey "Techsupport", don't get so sensitive here.
Nobody is disrespecting you, it's just you come here with this kind of info. that nobody else has heard about, people might question the validity of your sources. And one other thing, please grow up and stop trying to hold us "hostage" with your information!

PISSED
Unregistered guest
LYRA RCA SUCKS!!!! DO not buy their lowgrade peice of crap products. They may seem fine at first But trust me! they fall apart and the warrentee covers NOTHING!

Anonymous

Hey pissed we ALL know it .. why do you think we gather here so often??????!!?!?
You sure you're just PISSED and not TECH SUPPORT!!!!

Unregistered guest
Fo christmas i got an RCA Lyra RD1076a (512mb lyra) the mp3 palyer worked fine for all of about 3 days. I noticed that my computer was reading 312mb of memory instead of 512 mb of memory. I reformatted the player in windows explorer *bad idea* i got the 512mb of memory, but the player rarely works, donset turn on unless the battery is removed and re-inserted 49 times, every 8th song wont play or freezes up the player, and WMA files are played back in "slow-mo". it seems like this is due to the formatting of the player. I beleive that either my player's firmware is corrupt, or the player's formatting is wrong. since RCA dosent offer an upgrade or fix for the RD1076 yet, i was wondering if anyone knew how to copy firmware off of an RCA player. My frined has the exact same model as i do, and his has worked just fine for months now....

Bronze Member

Andalusia, AL USA

Post Number: 11
To all that post here. Your Lyra player is a MP3 player. Don't try to put Ipod format on this player. when you reformat it. There is no software that I know of to redo the player back to when you brought it home.

Do as I stated above as for as put music on or taking it off the player.

DO NOT TRY TO MAKE YOUR PLAYER TO DO SOMETHING IT WILL NOT DO.

PUT SONG ON IT AND PLAY THEM AND REPLACE THE BATTERY ABOUT EVERY 3 OR 4 DAYS OR WHEN NEEDED.

dON'T EXPECT YOUR PLAYER TO BE AN IPOD. IF YOU WANT AN IPOD SPEND THE $500 and get one.

This is my last post here because most of you donot read or can't read posted answers to the same questions.

This player is not going to cook you breakfast or clean your house or work a miracle for you.

It just plays MP3's.

Good luck when you screw your player up reformating it and wanting it do something it was not made to do.

Have a happy life.

David

Anonymous

So long Mr. Sensative.... too bad .. you might actually have been able to learn something about the HUMAN nature attatched for everyone with all their q:& a:'s. So as you head out there to your new BBS's ....Remember these are just bulletin boards. An analytical accumulation of humanity comming together. This is just a place to help eachother out and talk a bit. Its not meant to be your only sourse of socialization. It won't go out for a burger with you or hang out down at the mall or even be your best bud.
Its just mpy's on a BBS.
Have fun feeling this exact same way the next board you screw up on ... and you will... it appears to be in your repository of "Info Hostage Taking, Constant complaning( {I am the only literate with the time to read EACH and EVERY post ALL and EVERY time.}..."first you take it out of the box.." )And self proclaiming know it all attitude. At first we thought ya might be cool and knowledgable , but man...GEEZE>>> Anyway..
Good luck trying find a "BBS home" online ...especially when you're being yourself. It's really just 1's and 0's.
Have a Happy Life!!!!!

Questionmark?
Unregistered guest
Please help me i am unabled to find a memory card for the rca rd1028a can anybody help me????

Questionmark?
Unregistered guest
Please help me i am unabled to find a memory card for the rca rd1028a can anybody help me????

squirrel
Unregistered guest
there is some new 2825/2840 info at

http://www.selectric.org/lyra/index.html

Also, remember to "profile" the new songs that you put on the Lyra so it will play them

Unregistered guest
I have an odd situation. My RCA lyra 1076A 512MB player only recognizes upto song number 239. I managed to compress all my songs to WMA 64kps format so I can fit so many. My computer says I have 250 songs at the moment, but the player only reads upto 239. Anyone have a similar experience or know why? I have already formatted the player in Windows XP Pro....and reloaded all the songs, but it still plays upto song 239...further more I know their is significant room on the device...in fact there's ~50MB so I load even more songs....is just won't read em....why???????/

Unregistered guest
And I am not even using a SD card....

Username: Sharbert

i need the software for my lucra 1021a please help me!!!!!!!!!
sharbert@ontera.net

Username: Leapoffaith06

I recently purchased a RCA Lyra RD2762B. Today i went to play it and after starting it the HDD in it started clicking repeatedly during the loading screen. Then the screen goes to File System Corrupted!. My computer no longer detects it and i am unable to format the drive to try and replace these corrupted files. Any Ideas on how to correct this prob would be helpful. I really dont want to lose the money i paid for it.

Username: Nixter

Hi! I have a RCA Lyra MP3 player model 1070 if im not mistaken. With the use of USB Cable i format it and insert new mp3 songs there but when i play it doesnt work. and in less than a minute it automatically shut off. What can i do? Kindly reply to me the remedies at my email: o_supladong_pogi_o@yahoo.com THANKS!!!!

Username: Zandon0

I have a lyra 2850 and it wont turn on at all whats wrong?

Username: Bcheman2002

How do I delete the songs that I put on the LYRA or can I not do that?

Username: Brownsfan86

need software for lyra 1021a any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

flagatorlover2001@yahoo.com

Username: Brookie

i got a RCA lyra jukebox RD2762B for christmas and now it says FILE SYSTER CORRUPTED on the screen and it wont let me take off or replace my corrupted files will someone plz help me?
if anyone has any ideas or answer for me plz e-mail me at volleyballgirl927@yahoo.com
i would really appreciate it
thanks

Username: Mspizzy

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Please i need your help. i purchased a rca rd2762b mp3 player, i have had it for over 4months and i cannot seem to download music onto it.i have tried using windows media player, winamp nothing seems to work. when i plugged in the mp3 player in my computer it says "the Mtp device is a hi-speed usb device and will function at reduced speed when plugged into a non-hi speed port. There are no hi-speed usb host controllers installed on this computer. the mtp device will function at reduced speed. you must add a hi-speed usb host controller to this computer to obtain maximum performance." now i do not know what all this means. may someone please explain this to me so i may finally get the chance to enjoy it. thank you. if anyone has any ideas please contact me at mchidarikire2000@yahoo.com

Username: Twayblade

VA

please i need help, I got my RD2762B (4 GB) LYRA some months ago and now it tell me "File system corrupted!" everytime i turn it off and then it shuts off automatically or it freezes. Can someone please tell me what i should do? please Email me at Andytoni2003@aol.com

Username: Brookie

i seriously need help with my RCA lyra RD2762B player it keeps sayin FILE SYSTEM CORRUPTED when i try to turn it on

Username: Romelus2000

please i need help, I got my RD2762B (4 GB) LYRA some months ago and now it tell me "File system corrupted!" everytime i turn it off and then it shuts off automatically or it freezes. Can someone please tell me what i should do? please Email me at romelus2000@yahoo.com

Username: Felix_12345

My RCA LYRA does not allow sound to come out of the left earphone. I know this isn't something wrong with the headphones, because I've tried more than one pairs. If you know how to solve this problem, please respond soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Agriffin

MY Rca Lyra RD2762B says FILE SYSTEM CORRUPTED! every time i try to turn it on and then just turns off and i cant get into the program and it doesent recognize my player n e more and now i cant listen to my music so if anyone has any helpfull advice plz email me at hurley02skata@ameritech.net THANK YOU!

Bronze Member

AL USA

Post Number: 12
For those of you who have asked about firmware and reformating. I found this link.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_format_sd_memory_on_my_rca_lyra_mp3_player .html

Hope this helps

Username: Masoombhoot

Hello i hve RCA lyra RD2762A i dont know whats wrong on my player when i put it on its stuck on the main screen and one times it shows the harddisk prob
tell me plz what will i do thanx

Username: Masoombhoot

Hello i hve RCA lyra RD2762A i dont know whats wrong on my player when i put it on its stuck on the main screen and one times it shows the harddisk prob and errror is "File system corrupted
tell me plz what will i do plz give my solution tto this email rizwan.a.s@hotmail.com thanx

Username: Ryanplz

My LYRA.2765 When started up stays at a blank blue screen, any help?

Username: Lxl_destiny_lxl

Alright, I've seen a ton of people with this problem. As a matter of fact, I'm dealing with this same problem. The thing is, I already fixed it once, but can't seem to fix it again. I'll explain.

First of all, my problem is that on my RD2762, it says "File System Corrupted" The first time this happened was on Windows Media Player. The way I fixed it, was that on the side, it says RD2762, so I clicked on it and went to my selections. I deleted the songs there, and it deleted them on my Lyra as well, thus, fixing my problem.

The thing is, when I went to MusicMatch, it did the same thing. But I haven't figured out a way to fix it. Currently, I'm trying to, but have found no luck whatsoever. If I do find something, I'll tell you guys ASAP. Hopefully this will help some of you fix your problems.

Also, when it says "File System Corrupted!" You have restart it over and over again, until it works. It's a pain, but it works.

~Destiny

Username: Melaniega

I just got an RCA lyra 512MB mp3 player, and I'm not certain wether or not to keep it (it was a gift). I've read a lot here and I want to know if it is more trouble than it's worth?

Username: Woodkitten

I have the RCA LYRA RD 1076 it has worked well for a week but i have an intermitant problem with the sound when switched on you can see the track is playing but no sound. I live in the uk and bought this in the usa i can see there seems to be a lot of problems with this make i hope someone can help out with this cheers to all great site by the way.

Username: Peter_88

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

I bought a Lyra RD1076A last year and it's been working great until last month. Sometimes it will freeze while a song is playing when i try to turn up the volume, or when connected to one of those car-tape connecters. Why does it do this? it's only started freezing after i began using it with the connecter.

Username: Heellpp_

i got a rca lyra rd2762a for christmas. now, it seems like that battery doesnt last that long! I dont know if it has something to do with the amoun of songs i have or what. I changed all the settings to the energy saving ones and it still only has about 30 min worth of battery life. i know i got it around christmas but the battery should not already be dead!! can someone help me pleeeeaaaase. please email me at butterfly8123037@aol.com THank you! :-)

Username: Candace

I just recently purchased RD1072A and it works beautifully, the only problem is I cannot delete the demo songs that came with it. When I try I get an error message. Please help

Username: Jeannette

I have a Lyra RD2762 I need the Sofware since I lost the CD. I tried RCA web without success, could somebody let me know where to find it.
Thanks,
janetagu@bellsouth.net

Username: Swts

Elk city, , OK

Hi, I have a Lyra RD1072A ( yes the cheepy from walmart)it works great except when i put audiobook MP3's on it...when i play them.. it scrambles the order, when i look on the pc, the file are in order... any suggestions? thank you kindaly,

freedom_bnd@yahoo.com

Username: Rocklee234

Jakuup town, Oklahoma United states

I have a 4gb RCA lyra Rd2762b that stopped working, it appears to be dead. I tried charging it and it doesnt charge.i dont know how to fix it or where to get it fixed.Please help.

Username: Broncofan

OK Here you go I have a 2762b that my son bought. It kept saying files corrupted, so I thought what the heck! took the back off and the ribbon cable that goes to the hard drive had come loose I very carefully pulled the hard drive out and reconnected the cable on both ends and VOILA!!! IT WORKS!!!!!! hope this helps. You take the screw out from behind the lable on the back and slide the back up and it pops right off. any questions you can e-mail me kbrowns@curtis-ne.com I am estatic! and my son will be also!!

Username: 2132guy

Ontario Canada

Dear Freedom-bnd
- the reason your aduiobook files are out of order is that the lyra only looks at about the first 5 or 6 letters in the file for ordering, so if all the files are "Stephen-King-Cell-01.mp3" then they all look the same. You have to rename them so that they start with numbers, like 01, 02, ... 09,10,11, etc. The files are now "09-Stephen-King-Cell-9.mp3", etc. Note that you have to say "09", not "9" for ordering to work with more than 10 files. Here's a tip for windows - click once on a file, then press F2 to rename it, then press the "home" key to go to the start of the file name. You can then press the down arrow key to go to the next file.

Username: Tedswife62

I have recently reformatted to XP, and when trying to connect my RD2762B to my computer I get the following message: "the Mtp device is a hi-speed usb device and will function at reduced speed when plugged into a non-hi speed port. There are no hi-speed usb host controllers installed on this computer. the mtp device will function at reduced speed. you must add a hi-speed usb host controller to this computer to obtain maximum performance." When I try to open my Music folder it just stops responding, any assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated Thx TedsWife62@hotmail.com

Username: Jrharden

Im having the same problems as many RD2762 users. This file corrupted message has gotten the best of me! Has anyone figured out how to fix it yet? I would appreciate the feedback. jackinbox_69@hotmail.com

Username: Lily

I followed David's directions about deleting and adding songs and they worked like a charm. I was ready to throw that little MP3 player in the trash.

Username: Sorrowghost08

i got an rca lyra 1090 mp3 player and accidently deleted the lyra folders and now it doesnt turn on it just says bad or missing lyra system folders and turns off.what do i do?????please help me i dont know what to do and its not even mine, its a friend of mines.

if anyone knows how to help me send me an email at sorrowghost08@yahoo.com

Username: Fourgirlsanddone

I have had a Lyra RD2765A for a few weeks now. I bought one of my daughters an Ipod and am now wondering why I didn't buy myself one. I'm hoping to fix the problems iwth this before I have to take it to the store and put it somewhere I know the clerk doesn't want it.

First off I was having problems with it locking up and not turning off. Now I see that you have to hold the power button for 20 secs to get it so shut off and reset??? OK, I guess I'll try that next time. It's better than waiting for the battery to run down.

Then I had a few problems with downloaded music. I downloaded some music to the player and i wanted to redo what I had done so I removed it. Well it wouldn't profile so I could clear the log. I decided to forge ahead. I reloaded music on and wouldn't you know it.. I had ALL of that music on there. BUT it wasn't actually on there.

After much cussing and a few downloads It finally profiled for me.

Now I find myself with another issue. I do not have the Lyra System Tray Icon that I am supposed to have to be able to profile my device ont he computer. That would be a nifty little tool. I have loaded, reloaded and reloaded software and patches. To no avail. It says that the Lyra 2765 is supported.. now is that the same as the Lyra 3765A? Or are they different? I can't get an answer from RCA.

Username: Xxslayerxx60

I have a RCA lyra and the songs have been skipping skipping since i have gotten them.Do you have any ways to stop the songs from skipping , its driving me CRAZY that i payed 60 $ for it and it dosnt even work... pleas some 1 help me. And its not the CDs because i clean them before i download them and i get songs off limewire.

Username: Zspada15

My RCA Lyra RD1028 will not turn on after the firmware was updated. The original version of the firmware was 027 i believe, and now i can't get anything on it. Please help. I'll send a gmail invitiation to the first person who can fix it. my email is zspada15@gmail.com

Username: Kelbel423

I am sure somebody has posted this but there are so mant posts I have not read all of them. What do I have ? RCA Lyra 2762. Problem: downloading songs ( of course). I see the songs in the folder sections, but when I try to play them it does not play. I have heard WMAs don't work and I think that is what they are. How do I change them? This is my first player. Please help. Please help me find a site to download songs too. I have tried a bunch.

Username: Ajimcko

hi:
i have a lyra rd2765a and i want to know how can i see the album art as a wallpaper in the know playing screen? on the settings you can change the duration time of the album art, i sync my lyra with the musicmatch jukebox
thanks

Username: Zynfandel

Bagdad, Arizona USA

I am wondering what type of memory card my RCA Lyra RD1072A requires
Thanks!!

Username: Plz_hlp

I have a 4gig Lyra MP3 player and it forze on me. it wont do anything it just stays at the menu screen. It also will not play any of my songs. It keeps telling me to profile them, and i have tried adding songs to it and it tells me to profile them. Last thing, Before it froze it was playing my songs extremely fast. Can anyone help me or is it a lost cause and i should return it?

Username: Swell

I may be missing something, but are RCA & Thomson the same? I do know there are some differences as I've just bought a Thomson PDP2840 20GB player and have found out that the RCA equivalent the RD2840 is a 40GB player. I need to update the firmware but am not sure if the upgrade on the RCA site for the 2840 will work for the Thomson player. I've run searches for Thomson firmware updates but have drawn a blank. Anyone know the answer to this, or have a link to the relevant Thomson site?

Username: Manic

My wife and I just purchased 2 MP3 players from RCA (Wal Mart actually) Model H100A

Everything is working great but:

How do we create unique folders for say:

Working Out
Relaxing

etc

In WMV it appears to be acting normal (While synching) but the menu options on the LCD screen give only 4 folder options (Where hundreds and hundreds of songs have been dispersed)

Thanks in advance !

Username: Demonicahole

OK, here is a frustrating problem for me, i've long since lost my cd for my RCA LYRA RD2762b (4gb) but everytime i connect it, i get the message that the computer does not recognize it, this all started when i let my pc actually update, and everytime i try and search 4 drivers through pc it wont find 'em and i have some lyra application that does not recognize or see my mp3 player, plz HELP! i wanna add more songs

Username: Mnkyadx

hi i own a RCA Lyra RD2762A 4GB MP3 player and my charger was jacked a while back so i havent used it in over 8 months!! reason being no battery... i tried to charge it via USB but that didnt work. so i was wondering if there is a USB external battery pack or something for this specific model. any INFO will b greatly appreciated!!!

Username: Betterthantechsupport

So I have the RCA 2762B. I've had the company replace it 3 times. The first two were Corrupt files. Which there is nothing you can do. And the third time is it just stops turning on. You have to call them and go through some long retarded thing and then they'll finally agree to replace it.

Username: Demonicahole

OK, here is a frustrating problem for me, i've long since lost my cd for my RCA LYRA RD2762b (4gb) but everytime i connect it, i get the message that the computer does not recognize it, this all started when i let my pc actually update, and everytime i try and search 4 drivers through pc it wont find 'em and i have some lyra application that does not recognize or see my mp3 player, plz HELP! i wanna add more songs

Username: Nana007

I had to reformat my Hard Drive and Reinstall windows. Now the software for my RCa Lyra H106 A is gone and the disk has been lost please help.

Username: Aneczka

Hello,
I accidentally deleted the system file for my MP3 player RCA lyra RD1080B. I would appreciate if you could email me the system file. travell895@hotmail.com
Thank you very much!

Username: Jjjrrr

PLease help me I am trying to find out how to get my RD 2762 to work with a MAC. Is there something that I need to do in order to make it more workable..

Username: Missjo575

I purchased the H100A about a week ago, and I have 2 main issues I'd like help with.
1. How do I create playlists?
2. How do I delete demos and duplicate songs? It seems like every time I try to add new music, songs that are already on the player get added again, so I have them in duplicate and triplicate, taking up valuable space!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Username: Loquacious

Follow up to Alex's question, I have seen external battery packs on E-bay and I was wondering if these are safe to use with the RD2765? They take 4 AA batteries. Anyone have any experience with these?????

Username: Johno68

I need the installation software fo an Rca mp3 player. the model # is H115A.. It is 6gb and i need the cd software that comes in the box because when i plug it in my cpmuter don't recognize it so i need the software for it.. Email me at jonathan_allen48723@yahoo.com or the same thing @hotmail.com thanx

Username: Rick23miller

I am trying to locate a wall charger for my RCA LYRa RD2762B any ideas.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 110
Wow look how many people are posting for the first time. That is CRAZY.

Username: Douknowjello

I called RCA about their H100 Digital Audio Player after looking online all day to try and delete the demo songs. I thought I'd post how since I'm not the only one who wanted to know. Go into settings and if you scroll down with the dial there are more options, pick advanced. Then change it from MTP to MSC and plug it back into your computer. You will then be able to go into "my computer" and click your mp3player and see the demo songs folder and delete away :-)

Username: Tickle

My stepson has a H100A MP3 player and lost the manual and CD for it (of course). Would like to get a copy of them if possible. Searched for hours just to keep hitting dead-ends. RCA website is a joke, no support for older items. Thanks

Username: Tickle

Found the manual and the Sync program. Stumbled upon it reading a newer RCA MP3 player manual. RCA really needs to work on their website. Still need the CD that came with the unit. I'd hate to have the drive get erased completely and not be able to reinstall the software (or is it in flash memory?)

Username: Brian28

Tucson, AZ USA

I just got my Rca Lyra H100A which has been working great for me so far but There is one question that I have. I am aware of the fact that the battery will not recharge forever and someday will die. There isn't any screws on the device or any way that I can see to open it when that days comes when I need to change the battery. So what do you do when that day comes?

Username: Colenso

The songs in an album when uploaded onto my player default to alphabetical order rather than maintaining the correct album order. Does anybody know how to correct this? I have a TC1501. Thanks in advance.

Username: Xircso

West Lafayette, IN United States

I have an rca lyra, model rd1071a and have been happy with it. But lately it has not been starting up. For the past two months or so the contact has been loosening in the battery, it would only turn on when the battery was situated just so and whatnot. It wasn't until recently though that it stopped turning on completely, regardless of how i tried.

So, does anyone know what I might do to fix it, or how to dismantel it. I don't know much about this, but I assume it is just a worsening of the contacts inside the player. And so I think the next step will have to be taking it apart and checking the connections, but cannot get it to come for the life of me. I have removed the two screws on the back I can see, and almost cracked the case. I have already bought a new samsung player so this will a gift for a friend. Any tips or suggestions on what to do would be great. thanks.

Username: Chelsea123

Ok, I need some help with my RCA H100.

I have 100 some odd songs on it and every time I turn it on, I go to MUSIC. I am then given a choice of whether to go: ARTISTS, ALBUMS, TITLES, or GENRES. No matter which one I click on, I am given the same list of all my songs. On my Windows media player, I have my songs divided up into folders so I can find them easier and play them accordingly.

If anyone knows how I can get choose my music by folders on my MP3 player instead of just on the computer, that would be great!

Username: Helpless_jim

I have an RCA MP3 that I bought for my daughter. I struggled forever trying to remove the included music but finally got it. Now when she turns it on it says File Error and won't let me do anything. The computer doesn't even recognize it. I tried to take it back to Walmart but that was a no go. Is there anything I can do save sending it back. My daughter is pretty sad and Dad can usually fix her problems. Can anyone help me maintain my hero status with her?

Username: Murf11

I have an RCA TC1501...it worked for about 3 weeks after i got it (i was lovin it) then after i charged it one day when i pushed play it would show the RCA logo then go blank for about 2 seconds before shutting down, and when i hook it up to my comp it says there's an input/output error. it worked fine before and this wasnt the first time i charged the battery. ive been looking on the internet for some apparently non-exsistent tech support...can anybody help me out???

Username: Douknowjello

My RCA mp3 player (H100) had Customer Support information that came with it. www.rca.com and if you are in the U.S. a customer service phone number: 580-634-0115. I was able to get some questions answered about my mp3 player that I couldn't find info online for. I actually spoke with a technician and it didn't take too long. They told me how to delete the demo songs out that came with the player and how to put songs into "my selections" to make your own lists. You do that by holding the select button down until it says its saving them to your selections. Anyway hope this helps.

Username: Antirca

Melbourne Beach, Fl. USA

I get a "file corrupted" message on my rca2762a. My computer won't recagnize my player any more. Any suggestions?

Username: Dmerasty

Thompson,MB, Manitoba Canada

My RCA lyra H10 is saying FAT error and pls connct UMS and HDD what is wrong with it and how do i get it to work.

Username: Acidrain

To Brian Michaud,
There are two screws underneath the little rubber feet on the back. But I guess warranty will be void if you try to open it..I am not sure.

To Dakota Merasty,
Maybe the connector to the hdd is loose. Again, can try open the thing but maybe its best to send the thing back??

Hope this helps.

Username: Albertmena1956

Ok, I have a RCA Lyra mp3 player, its a RCA Lyra RD1076B player and I cant find out how to DELETE this Demo song "Duvall-I'll be around" I REALLY want to delete it, does anybody know how to do that?...

Bronze Member

AL USA

Post Number: 13

The demo file can be deleted by connecting player to computer and then go to my computer and right click on the drive and choose open and you should see demo folder then right click and choose delete and it should be deleted.

To add music go to my music and click on the folder you want and after it is highlighted right click and choose send to and you should see the drive your player is on and then click on that drive and your songs should go to your player. When you want to delete the music go to my computer and open your player drive and click open and you should see the folders on your player click and highlight the ones you want to delete and then right click and choose delete and folders you highlighted should be deleted.

RCA is owned by Thomapson electronic.

I do not know nothing about reformating or where is the firmware. It is most like on the RCA site but I have no clue where.

David

Username: Mz_official

Jersey U.s

O UHMM THNK CRAIG LAKE I WAS LOOKIN 4 THE SOFTWARE N WELL THERE WAS NO SENSE IN POSTIN DA BULLETIN CUZ THERE EVERY WHERE BUT N E WAE THNXZ 4 THE DOWNLOAD INFORMATION!!

Username: Alllleykkattt

Hi everyone, I was hoping to maybe get some help with my mp3 player, I have a RCA lyra1076a player that I got for x-mas 2yrs ago, I have dropped it a couple of times, and still it worked, but about a year ago, it stopped "booting" up altogether. The front screen will say "RCA" for about 5-8 sec. then flash to a blank screen for a second then back to "RCA"again and will continue doing so until I remove the battery to make it stop. I have taken it apart to see if something was broken, or cracked, but everything looks fine, and my computer still reconizes it. I'm so very confused, and I don't want to have to buy a new player if I can get this to work. Any guidance would be greatly apperciated!

Username: Shropshire_lad

Thomson Lyra Jukebox - PDP2840U (20GB).

Just found an update to the embedded software, at:
http://www.driver.hu/drv_dwnload.php?id=23449

This takes my jukebox to:
mp3.exe v1.61
pfr.exe v1.50

This seems to fix an issue with the profiler crashing.

Also see archive post:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/portables/136392.html

My jukebox is still working with an external NiMH battery pack, after the internal Li-ion pack exploded.

I will NEVER buy another Thomson device!

Username: Morbid

I have a few problems, and some of them are similar to some of the ones i've read here, like mine would freeze on a screen when playing a song or loading one, and i read on here to hold the power button for ten seconds, this worked a couple times, then i had another problem with it when it froze like that and i did do the power button thing, but it turned the screen black, and it was still on. It stayed like this, i waited on it for probably an hour, and did the power button thing again, and it worked, but i'm kinda concered that this won't work everytime, is there a way i can prevent this?? also, i have tried plugging it into my xbox 360, and it picks it up fine, its just that the majority of the songs on it, start playing but then it jumps to the next track about 8 seconds into the song. I was wondering why thats happening. I have a rca lyra H100A. i'd appreciate any help you can offer. thanks for your time.

@Chelsea M

Hi there, the problem you have seems like the one I had, before I did a firmware upgrade.
You can get this auto update software from the RCA site. It might solve your freezing problem.
As for the xbox 360, maybe I should try that tonight to see if its the same...(I never thought my H106 would work on any other devices
:-p
Hope this helps.

thank you for your help, i went here-> http://www.opendrivers.com/categorycompany/1359/1154/cameras-and-mp3-player-rca- free-driver-download.html is this the right one? which do i download?

no sweat :-)

I downloaded mine from here.

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=H100
see if this works.

I went to the one you posted but there was nothing.

Thank you so much, it worked. i really appreciate your help, thanks again

Username: Gel70

LYRA 1076B...what does the 'lock' icon mean and what do I do about it?...boots up, shows a padlock icon for about 2 secs and then shuts down...any ideas?... gel70@comcast.net ...email direct, pls?...thnx, Becky...

Username: Eneros

HEY TRY THIS IT WORKER FOR ME AND TWO OF MY FRIENDS WHO I TOLD TO BUY THIS STUPID MPS AT WALMART ON SALE.. WHEN YOU HAVE THE FORMT ERROR TAKE OUT THE TWO SMALL SCREWS IN THE BACK AND TAKE APART UNPLUG BATTERY FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES PLUG BACK IN AND IT WILL REBOOT BACK TO NORMAL UNITLL YOU TURN IT OFF IT SEEMS YOU HAVE TO DO IT EACH TIME YOU TURN IT OFF. THE RCA OFFICIAL SITE DOES HAVE A UPGRADE DOWNLOAD YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY BUT IT SUCKS HAVEING TO TAKE BATTERY OUT EACH TIME I JJUST LEAVE IT ON AND THEN CHARGE WHEN DEAD BUT THIS DOES WORK SO GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!11

Username: 78transam

Liverpool, New york Usa

I have the same problem, Rd2762 MP3 File system corruption. My computer also doesn't show the icon anymore? What can I do now.

Username: Abshfa

I have RCA MP3 PLAYER, IT WAS WORKING VERY WELL BUT NOW I HAVE A MESSAGE " THE FILE CORRUPTED" WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE.

Username: Syg2012

San Antonio, Texas US

i just got a used rca lyra rd1072a yesterday
theres alot of music on it that i dont want and im not sure how to delete it i tried going to "my computer" but theres no folder there for my rca.
also is there any possible way to put my playlist from projectplaylist.com on there?

Username: Nikiwi

I have a 1076b and lately everytime I try to add or delete songs it says it's write protected. It never used to give me that problem. I don't know if it's a problem with my player or my cord i'm using, or the computer. I also tried it on a different computer. Same result. I can't find info on this product on the rca website either.

So Sarah are you saying it doesn't have any extra folders when you plug it in? I know it should have a folder for the RCA and the removable disk.

I left out something in my first post. I have dropped it a few times, it works fine, plays normal. I did accidentally wipe out the hard drive once when it got wet and I couldn't dry it properly enough. It only started in September that it wouldn't let me transfer files 90% of the time. I would use alcohol wipes to try to clean the player, and the cords. No difference other than the first two times. I can play my music, but also I accidentally got 2 videos on there by not checking before transferring. email gcmest22@yahoo.com

Username: Pinemom

Pine Falls, Manitoba

My son has the RD1076A, it has worked great for a year but now none of the buttons work except for the on button. It plays but it has no volume control or search buttons. It is not in the lock position and we have put in a brand new battery. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Username: Fknielsen

Dubuque , IA USA

I have the RCA h115a mp3 player and it is saying file system corrupted My computer does not "see" the unit and it will power off after the message. How can I fix this On the back of the unit it says to reset press off key for 10 seconds but that does nothing. Please help!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us