Archive through August 03, 2005

the408volta
Unregistered guest
so i had my 20 gb 3rd generation ipod (the ones with everything touch) and i have the ipod on manual update because my computer has like no space on it so i have to delete them after i download them. i had about 4000 songs on my ipod with no backup. today i plugged it into the computer just like any other day. but i suddenly see IPOD UPDATING at the top. i freak out and yank the chord out of the computer. in doing this i saved my songs on my ipod but it will not show up on the ipod menu or my iBook G4. i can see the folder iPod Control>Music>F1,F2,43etc.etc. on my pc. but on apple it does not show. in the F1, F2, F3,etc,etc folders, all my songs are there, but itunes says i must restore the ipod to factory settings because it cannot reckognize it. so i do not want to lose the songs on my ipod so i do not want to restore it. do you have any suggestions on how to get my ipod back to normal without deleting a single song?

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME FASTT!! BECAUSE I CANNOT LIVE ANOTHER DAY WITHOUT MY SONGS!!!

email me some help at blackeyeclothing@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
i got my ipod in december 2004 and now after dropping it a couple of times i guess it will not connect to the computer and the only two things that show up on the screen are the apple icon and a folder with an exclamation point. when i tried to restore or update my ipod it said it cannot mount my ipod. i dont know what to do

Erin S
Unregistered guest
I went to update my ipod today and my computer decided not to recognize it and iTunes doesn't see it either. The ipod itself is acting funny. When I plug in the USB cord the apple icon shows up for awhile then it says 'ok to disconnect' until you take out the cord. Please help. thanks

Unregistered guest
Alright, I'm having a lot of trouble connecting my ipod to my computer. When I plug it into the USB port, it tells me that it is not plugged into a high-speed, 2.0 port. Well, I don't have a high-speed 2.0 port on my only computer that is hooked up to the web, is there a way to continue with the installation, or am I screwed until I can get a high-speed port on to this dinosaur?

It's a PC, and I've already succesfully installed iTunes.

Unregistered guest
i loaded the itunes software onto my computer and a sign came up and it said that i haven't install my ipod software properly but i didn't take any notice and downloaded loads of songs into my library . i then realised i couldn't download the songs onto my ipod because i hadn't install my software properly can i reinstall the software without losing my songs in my library?

Anonymous

My mini ipod won't download any more of my songs from itunes. But in the source section on Itunes it shows my ipod with all the songs on it. But on the actual ipod none of the songs have been downloaded! help me!

Username: Spid145

Somerset, NJ USA

Post Number: 2
I just restored my Ipod after having a problem with it not playing certain songs. Now it's just been saying "Do not disconnect" ever since I restored it. It's been taking a long time. Is that normal? What do I do?

kate
Unregistered guest
i got an ipod mini for christmas of 2004, and I have kept it in good condition. today, I tried to clean it with a baby wipe ( it was looking kind of grungy), and everything was great. it turned on about 5 minutes after, but now it has been about 3 hours and IT WON'T TURN ON! it was connected to the charger for 3 hours and it isn't on hold. I am sure that there is plenty of battery power left. Did I break it when I cleaned it?

Unregistered guest
just smack it against your hand a couple of times and then try again

Username: Welshelen

CardiffWales

Post Number: 1
i droped my ipod this morning in its prtective case and when i went to use it again it is completely frozen like it hasnt changed since i dropped it. iv tried charging the battery but it didnt work :-( please dont say its bad news!

CardiffWales

i droped my ipod this morning in its prtective case and when i went to use it again it is completely frozen like it hasnt changed since i dropped it. iv tried charging the battery but it didnt work :-( please dont say its bad news!

munky76
Unregistered guest
My Ipod mini won't turn on! I don't know whats wrong with it. I've tried reseting it (Menu & Select) but it hasn't worked.
What can I do?

CardiffWales

Post Number: 4
IPOD FROZEN

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3226
Try a factory reset. Check out the apple.com website support

munky76
Unregistered guest
I've tried a factory reset but my mac won't read my ipod. When I plug it in the apple sign and a line along the top of the screen flash. I also beeps. Got any ideas?

munky76
Unregistered guest
I've tried a factory reset but my mac won't read my ipod. When I plug it in the apple sign and a line along the top of the screen flash. It also beeps. Got any ideas?

Tas22
Unregistered guest
I bought a new 30 gig photo ipod while on holiday. I downloaded photos direct from my camera and they transferred ok. Now I have tried to download the photos from the ipod to the computer (Windows XP)and all I get is a request to format the disc. If I format will I lose the photos and if so how can I recover the photos?

Anonymous

i want to add contacts onto my ipod but when i go to contacts it says sample and instructions. i dont understand the instructions for it. Can u help me out?

Anonymous

i want to add contacts onto my ipod but when i go to contacts it says sample and instructions. i dont understand the instructions for it. Can u help me out?

Unregistered guest
Hi every1 plz help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do i transfer songs off my pc onto my mini ipod. I plug it in, itunes opens, i can see my mini i pod in the left hand side. What do i do from here?

Joshhh
Unregistered guest
brittney thanks i got it fixed cause mine was broken too

BelleC
Unregistered guest
Hi! I need Help!
I just recently got my iPod and up to now everything's been working fine, i can import songs from my computer and everything but there are some songs i want to DELETE from my iPod, but the problem is that I DON'T KNOW HOW!Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
I just got my iPOD so it's probably just that I am stupid with this thing right now but.. oh well. I put all my songs that I have downloaded onto my itunes, and unchecked the songs that I didnt want to be on there and then transfered the list to the iPod and it sent every song on the list to it. I only wanted the ones that I checked to go on there. Will someone send me some directions on how to delete those unwanted songs off there and directions on how to add new ones?? PLEASE?

Unregistered guest
please help! when my ipod shows up on my itunes there are certain songs that will not play...there is a picture of a an "!" exclamation point...next to the songs that wont play...any suggestions on what to do?

Artemis
Unregistered guest
Can you take songs from another computer, put them on your Ipod, then put them on a different computer? I can't figure it out, i tried to import, but the button doesn't even show up. Can you even do this? Thanks

Diva in black
Unregistered guest
Umm, hello, have you guys ever tried the help section that opens in Itunes? Or you could try reading the booklet, I found it helpful, and then I didn't have to ask stupid questions. Try it sometime.

Username: Tiffanylee

Can you have 2 ipod's going on one computer becuase my friend had to take mine home and put songs onto it from her computer for me as we do not hav the system requiremnts... mines a ipod mini hers in a ipod shuffle ... ?? like not at the same time but can u use itunes 4 two ipods

Username: Tiffanylee

Can you have 2 ipod's going on one computer becuase my friend had to take mine home and put songs onto it from her computer for me as we do not hav the system requiremnts... mines a ipod mini hers in a ipod shuffle ... ?? like not at the same time but can u use itunes 4 two ipods

email me wid help ....

crazi_lil_sweeti_pi@hotmail.com
thankyou

Unregistered guest
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need some help... I got an iPod mini in March. I put it on the charger one day, and when I took it off to listen to some music, the song played without the words! I tried fixing the settings, resetting, AND reformating. It's not the headphones... what is it?!!? PLEASE HELP... email me

PLEEEASSEE HELLP
PLEASE

MiniMary12@aol.com

PLELEEEEEEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE

Unregistered guest
Plus the music plays normally on the computer. You can hear the words of the songs faintly in the distance.... ARGHH!! It's so aggravating!!! HELP IS DEFINETLY APPRECIATED!!!

MINIMARY12@AOL.COM
!!!

Unregistered guest
Plus the music plays normally on the computer. You can hear the words of the songs faintly in the distance.... ARGHH!! It's so aggravating!!! HELP IS DEFINETLY APPRECIATED!!!

MINIMARY12@AOL.COM
!!!

Phil in Florida
Unregistered guest
Ok, this is weird.

Whenever I push play on my iPod it just scrolls through all the songs in the genre or playlist or whatever, but doesn't play anything. All it will do is scroll. I tried re-setting (ie., hold the center button for 5 secs, right?) but it hasn't worked.

No explanation for this, except that I've been using it lately for a lot of voice memos with the voice memo accessory....maybe I fried its brain?

trist
Unregistered guest
I'm having a similar problem as phil in florida. My 20G Ipod turns on, but then will start to skip through songs without playing them. sometimes it works fine though, and other times it'll play 2 minutes of the songs. I am very confused and don't know what to do with it. It worked the first four months I had it. These mistakes have only been noticed once I plugged it into an FM transmitter for my car. Could this have done anything?

Unregistered guest
i tried to download some songs on my ipod 20gb from itunes. and it started updating. now i got everythin from my itunes on my ipod including a bunch of crap i dont want. is there any way to get rid of it. is there any way to clear everything on it. so its empty again

spencer schmitt
Unregistered guest
how do u reset the ipod.

arkaria
Unregistered guest
is there an easy way to add songs from your itunes onto a seperate ipod that is not formatted for your computer; without actually reformatting and erasing all the pre-existing songs?

arkaria
Unregistered guest
schmitt: you reset the ipod by toggeling the hold button (turning hold on and off) then holding down menu and select at the same time for 10-20 seconds until the apple logo appears on the screen.

arkaria
Unregistered guest
schmitt: you reset the ipod by toggeling the hold button (turning hold on and off) then holding down menu and select at the same time for 10-20 seconds until the apple logo appears on the screen.

Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to delete songs off your ipod. i have a bunch of extra songs or like doubles b.c i put a burned copy on there and it didnt go under one artist so i found the real copy and put it on and then that worked..
please if you know how help me
i have a 6 gb pink mini if that makes any difference

bannanas4321
Unregistered guest
help me! my ipod mini's screen froze. I tried the select and menu button and i've held it for about 1 min and nutting happens. It won't plug into it's charger or the computer. The backligth doesn't go off and the battery isn't going down. HELP ME!

Anonymous

MY IPOD TURNS OFF BUT BEFORE IT DOES IT SHOWS A FILE AS A TRIANGE WITH A EXCLAMATION MARK WHAT DOES THAT MEAN DOES IT NEED TO BE REPPROGRAMED OR IS THE BATTERY DEAD? I STAY CHARGING IT EVEN BOUGHT A NEW CHARGER IT SHOWS THAT IT CHARGES BUT NOTHING HAPPENDS AFTER THAT? HELP

Unregistered guest
help plzzz.....i duno wot is wrong with my ipod ...wen eva i want to transfer songs it says error occured...what do i do...? some1 plz helpppp....plzzzz thnx

Unregistered guest
everytime my sister turns on her ipod, a file and an exclamation point comes up. the thing is her ipod if fully charged. i tried resetting it but it wont let me. can someone please help?! im going insane. if you can help email me at theusaprncess@aol.com thanks

Unregistered guest
i need help with my ipod...its a 20 GB and it doesnt want to play or take in any music from my itunes library anymore...all it does when i try to turn it on is show me an icon of a folder and an eclamation point...and when i connect it to the computer with the USB cable it shows me the "do no disconnect" sign but nothing happens..and i leave it there forever...HELP!!!!

Unregistered guest
HELLO
I NEED HELP WITH MY IPOD.. IT IS A 4G MINI IPOD &I JUST GOT IT AND WHEN I TRIED TO CHARGE IT AND LISTEN TO IT AT THE SAME TIME..I DOENS'T WORK.. AND NOW IT WON'T EVEN TURN ON..WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

stacey
Unregistered guest
my ipod is full right now and i want to delete songs and put diff. ones on how do i do that?

stacey
Unregistered guest
my ipod is full right now and i want to delete songs and put diff. ones on how do i do that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3234
Uncheck the songs that you want removed on the iTunes program. When the iPod updates, the songs you tagged will not be put on the iPod.

Then go and read your instruction manual:-)

Username: Lboyd8298

I am trying to transfer songs from my ipod-mini to my home computer (need to stop using my work computer). Unfortunately my work computer was rebuilt and my previous itunes library is gone. Is this possible? Much thanks!

volleynut4690
Unregistered guest
The contrast setting on my iPod mini is set as high as it can go, but it is still nearly impossible to see what is on the screen. Turning it off, then on again doesn't fix anything, nor does resetting the settings. What should I do?

Phillip Harding
Unregistered guest
!!!! SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

My iPod Mini is seriously busted I think. And what is worse i cant find my warranty ANYWHERE! There HAS to be some way of fixing it. Can anybody out there help????

Ok this is my problem -
1) My iPod wont charge when i plug it into mains
2) My iPod wont charge through my laptop
3) The (menu + select) reset does not work

It turns on, shows the apple logo for a minute or so and then comes up with the file and ! image then it dies. There has to be some kind of cure I dont know about. Is there??? Please please help me if you can...

Phillip Harding
Unregistered guest
Ooops. Forgot to mention trying to restore it using the program that you can download off Apple website does not work either. My laptop does not even recognise that the iPod Mini is connected. Someone please help I cant live without my music :-(

Phillip Harding again
Unregistered guest
Ok last post I swear! Also forgot to say just before my ipod mini went and bust it did something wierd. I pulled it out of my pocket and it had lots of writing on the screen in a large-ish font. I think it said things like "contrast" and "batt" but i cant remember clearly to be honest. There's a guy that posts on here quite often called Berny who helps other people who were stupid enough to buy fragile, tempromental ipods. Are you out there Berny? I need you :-( :-( :-(

Phillip Harding again
Unregistered guest
Ok last post I swear! Also forgot to say just before my ipod mini went and bust it did something wierd. I pulled it out of my pocket and it had lots of writing on the screen in a large-ish font. I think it said things like "contrast" and "batt" but i cant remember clearly to be honest. There's a guy that posts on here quite often called Berny who helps other people who were stupid enough to buy fragile, tempromental ipods. Are you out there Berny? I need you :-( :-( :-(

Anonymous

seems like apple have a major problem with ipods not being recognised by itunes ????

Unregistered guest
I have Windows ME and I thought that it was the same as Windows 2000 so I bought iPod mini, but apparently Windows 2000 is not Windows ME, so my iPod won't download iTunes. I don't want to pay 100 bucks to buy Windows XP or Windows 2000, is there any other way I can download my music on my iPod?

HELPmyIPOD
Unregistered guest
ugh, my ipod wont let me add any songs to it, it wont let me plug in the cable either..it says that my i-pod is not connected..yet it still charges.. i cant put any more songs on it, and this just happened recently..its random how it just suddenly starts being retarded! HELP PLEASE!!=)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3244
Peach,
You can't make the iPod work with Windows Me. Sorry.

Phillip Harding,
How old is the iPod? If it is still under warranty send it in, all you have to pay for is shipping. Sounds like a busted drive or cable.
How are you connected? USB or Firewire?

Username: Lewis1989

i bought an ipod used off ebay that was originbally used on a mac. when i put the ipod cd in it asks me to reformat the ipod.It then doesn't complete this instead going up the bar lots of times. A flashing do not disconnect sign then flashes on the ipod. Im really stumped with this. ANy help much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
The morning after i had listened to my ipod, i took it off the charger to find that all my songs had been erased. I connected the ipod to my itunes on the computer and found that nothing happened. Please help!!!!

abbie
Unregistered guest
i dropped my ipod and as soon as i did it froze up and it wont let me turn it off or play any songs. is it broken? or can it be unfrozen?

please help me!!!!!!

0Shadow0
Unregistered guest
help, my ipod used to link wiht my laptop perfectly but I have resently purchased a new powerful pc and I installed itunes and then put al my songs into the library and then plugged in my ipod and my says USB not recognized......any help?

smit
Unregistered guest
I just rebooted my computer and i was wondering if i could somehow get all of the songs fom my Ipod into my library. i can access it as a hard disk but im only able to transfer one song at a time before there is an error and the computer restarts. is there a way to transfer from the ipod directly to the library?

ErinRose
Unregistered guest
I just got my ipod and I can't seem to figure out how to work it. I put a bunch of songs in my library and i thought when i plug in my iPod it was supposed to upload automatically but I don't think it did. Now when I try to eject it it says It can't be ejected becuase it contains files already being used by another application. What do I do?

Username: Hganulin

By mistake I changed language on my IPod to Japanese. How do I get it to English? I thought if I reset everything and then reload all my songs I would be OK. I can not determine how to reset. Please help me if you can

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1142
haha, that's hilarious, Howard.

Everyone else doesn't realize how screwed their ipod is. "I dropped it, and it froze, is it broken?"
"It started on fire, is it broken?" Keep on rockin. Ipods seem to be bought as an icon rather than an mp3 player, sad.

Unregistered guest
when i conect my ipod to the computer and open itunes it says someone else on this computer is using the itunes software please ask them to logout out what does this mean HELP

rachel1983
Unregistered guest
I bought my ipod a few weeks ago and managed to download a couple of hundred songs successfully. Now I want to add more and although I am able to charge my ipod via my computer when I want to transfer music onto it my computer says that my ipod is not connected yet it clearly is!

Also, is there a particular way to connect the ipod to the USB port. Does the picture of the apple have to face up or thw squiggly thing? Sorry, I'm a but of a technophobe! Any help would be much appreciated!

sIntaeks
Unregistered guest
Brittney said on 9 June:

"My IPod also froze up... but it's really simple to fix. Just hold down the center and menu button. It resets it but it doesn't erase any information in it. It's a lot better than sending it off!! Save your money and just do this simple procedure!"

You rock. Thanks much.

Username: Circaskate

when i hold the select button and menu button on my ipod to restart it.. it has the apple icon and then a picture with an ipod with x eyes and a frown with an " ! " mark... please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1168
Send it in for service. Everyone here should do that, in fact. Judging by how incredibly stupid some of the posts are, you people shouldn't even be touching anything electrical.You would probably electrocute yourselves to death on a AA battery.

Username: Mlfalk

My computer recently died and I had to start over. I am not able to access my old music library so I am wondering if there is a way to get the songs off of my ipod to my new pc without having the library from the old computer. Any ideas????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1170
Michelle,
There is no cure for shingles, so what did your Dad invent? The shingles outbreak can be managed, but the virus lies dormant in neuro tissue and can re-emerge at any time. A cure has not been found, unless he is yet to publish his data?

Anonymous

My ipod wont turn on, its just on a blank page and it hasnt got a low battery coz ive put on charge. whats wrong with my ipod?

emma linney
Unregistered guest
help!my ipod is jammed and i need it for tonight is there any other way to un-jam it rather than just letting the battery go flat?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1231
Anonymous: Your battery is ruined, it needs to be replaced

Emma: Reset it, if that doesn't work send it in for service.

Stop posting in this thread
Upload

qps_baby
Unregistered guest
don't tell me to send my iPod in for service because i KNOW that's what i SHOULD do, but i don't feel like spending a butt load of load of $$$ on it - iTunes won't recognize that my iPod is ever connected to my computer, but the Do Not Disconnect screen still comes up on the iPod. i have tried everything, yes, EVERYTHiNG - from reboot, restart, Disc Mode, to RESTORE!! Now my iPod has no songs on it from restoring it, but i still have all my music in iTunes. iTunes still won't read that there is ever an iPod connected to my computer when there CLEARLY iS .. Is there ANY way i can fix it myself?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
"ANY way i can fix it myself?"

If you aren't intelligent enough to start a new thread, then I wouldn't trust you with fixing anything electronic.

Though, all you have to do is click "update ipod" in iTunes. Also, to disconnect it, click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray(bottom right corner) and click the "mass storage device" and click "stop".

tim190
Unregistered guest
should i send in my ipod because when i restart it, it has a picture of the apple icon and then an ipod with an "!" mark and crossd out eyes and a frown... please reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 3258
tim, You are experienceing the dreaded dead apple icon. that is apple's way of telling you that it needs servicing.

qps_baby
Unregistered guest
Jexx you don't have to be mean about it -
anyways, that's the thing, i HAVE already updated both my iPod AND iTunes .. and it STiLL tells me that "iPod is unreadable because it needs to be updated". iTunes will noottt recognize my iPod ever - it's always "No iPod Connected" when i go into iPod Preferences on iTunes.
????????????????????????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1240
I'm being assertive! Look how I tried to tell people not to post here! Look how they wouldn't listen! Look at you! You still post here! Start a new thread!

Unregistered guest
my ipod hasnt been working for like 3 months whenever i try to turn it on an exlamation point and a folder shows up what should i do????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1246
"what should i do????"

Seek higher education.

Unregistered guest
My i pod wont turn on all i get is the folder and exclamation mark how to i get in touch with applt to solve this problem . Plzzzz help its driving me crazy

pkotlikoff
Unregistered guest
http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod

dfvadsfv
Unregistered guest
hey!! The music that i bought off of itunes wont play on my mini. just wanderin if anybody knows wat to do? thanks anyway

Gold Member

Post Number: 1276
"just wanderin if anybody knows wat to do?"

Yes, we do, but apparently you don't. Please start a new thread.

dfvadsfv
Unregistered guest
your funny

Username: Carpman

Woking, Surrey England

please can someone tell me if and how to use 2 ipods on the same laptop [win xp]

Unregistered guest
I really need help on my ipod mini. The main problem is that my ipod mini causes my computer to crash (blue screen) after the ipod update in itunes. it does it every time. itunes works fine besides this major problem. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the ipod and itunes, but same problem. anyone know how i can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3269
john,
You can use 2 ipods on the same computer. Go to the apple website and it will show you how.

ayadlapa,
What is your OS?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
Berny! How do you put up with this? :P

Unregistered guest
When the ipod screen shoes "do not disconnect" when you're charging it, how do you unplug it without possibly damaging it? I read on the Apple site that the 1.2 version has improved disconnect performance so maybe thats why I do not have the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray (bottom right corner). How do you safely disconnect the ipod when you're using the PS2 or a laptop without iTunes on it to charge? If you could give some advice that would be helpful! Thanks =]

Unregistered guest
By the way, sorry Jexx if this question is stupid. This is the only thing i'm not sure of! =P

Unregistered guest
Hey i just d/l itunes and everything and it doesnt notice when i plug my ipod in.... it says "Recognizes ipod... but theres no itunes." and i know for a fact taht itunes is working.... I bought my ipod out of country... does it matter?

Unregistered guest
My 3 months old Ipod mini really is acting strange.When I hook it up to any PC, it shows that it is charging by diplaying a big charging battery icon.However the PC doesnot recorgnise that my Ipod is connected.When I connect another Ipod it is recorgnised so I have proved that the problem is with my particular Ipod mini.I have tried the reseting tactic as adviced on the Apple website but it just will not even allow me reset it.Can someone help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
It's not about it being a stupid question, rather not reviewing previous posts to see if it has already been answered (such as rhoknee's post). Most people who post here never check back to see if their question has been answered, either. Especially how all of the questions are by unregistered guests, anonymous people, or one post wonders.

That's actually very smart to hook it up to a PS2 USB port, it actually charges? I wouldn't know of a way to disconnect it other than turning off the Playstation, but even that might damage it. What version of windows was the PC that didn't have a safely remove hardware icon in the system tray? I'm guessing it was Windows98...iPods aren't meant to be installed on that OS for that reason apparently if that is what it is. There might be a chance that you can go to 'My Computer' and it will show up there as a Removable Disk Drive in which you can right click on the icon and then click 'Eject' in the menu that pops up.

I hope that helps and hope you check back :-)

Unregistered guest
haha Jexx..i spent an hour reading all of the posts last night and i didn't find a post that answered that question. Thank you for answering my question though. The version of windows IS actually Windows98, so that's probably the reason! I saved this page in my favourites just to check back to see if any one answered and right now im satisfied =) Thanks for helping!

Unregistered guest
OH and yes when you hook the iPod to the PS2 USB port it charges! Smart eh? haha. I hope it doesn't ruin it when I turn off the PS2. I'm guessing its just like charging your iPod to a laptop and then shutting it down. Hm, we'll see what happens to my ipod a month from now!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us