IPod and iTunes help.

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through September 20, 2005jake steel100

dougiejdm
Unregistered guest
i just moved from Asia and do not have my computer with all my mp3's on it. that's why i bought an ipod thinking it is a portable storage device. i've scanned this forum and you're telling me there is no way to access my music from my ipod? and i can't add more songs cause when i update my ipod it will only do what's in my library (ie. deleting everything and putting on only my new music??)

this seems like an ENORMOUS oversight on apple's behalf. is it true? did they not expect anyone to change computers?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4034
dougiejdm,
No it is not an oversight, it is to prevent people from surreptitiously copying and sharing songs. However, when you use it as a hard drive, then you can actually just transfer the music files to a folder in the iPod. You just have to know the work around.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4035
lubdub,
Go the preferences and make sure that you do not have the "let iTunes manage my files" checked.

Moonygal3
Unregistered guest
Berny, do you have any idea how I can rectify my problem? My WindowsMediaPlayer won't even play my music files now because they are linked to iTunes!!

dougiejdm
Unregistered guest
so because i didn't add all my music in a folder is there anyway to access/modify/update the music that's on my ipod?

Anonymous

I have ITunes 5.0 downloaded to both my new PC and my Mac at work. My new PC came with a speaker system but Itunes won't play through those speakers. When I sought help on the Apple site it told me to click on "my computer" in the pop up menu at the bottom of the Itunes screen - there is no pop-up menu on either version that I have - does anyone know what they are talking about and how I get a version of I-Tunes with these types of "pop up menus"?

Unregistered guest
ok berny i've gotta question for you. i had itunes 4.9 and updated to 5.0, God i wish i hadn't. in the middle of the update, it like froze so i canceled but it wouldnt cancel so i force quit out of it. i have windows xp by the way. now when i tried to open itunes it wouldnt let me so i uninstalled it and reinstalled using the 5.0 version online and still it won't start. i uninstalled again and installed like 4.7 from my cd that came with the ipod, still it won't open. lastyl i did a system restore to 2 days before the problem and yet again it won't open. what should I do???

James + Rach
Unregistered guest
just got a 20GB ipod and the first time i uploaded tunes from my misses pc to the ipod it went sweet as a nut. no problems. now here comes the but... when trying to put more i tunes on my ipod from MY computer it wouldnt do anything. i tried to do what you said for pissedoffowner to do but still nothing. now i've got a do not diconnect sign permanantly and it is doing my sweed in. Help!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4042
moonygal,
Check the properties of the music file and see if it is compatible with media player.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4043
dougiejdm,
go to files, then click on add folder or add files then it will give you a prompt asking you where the music files are located and from there you can add files or folders to your itunes.

dougiejdm
Unregistered guest
hey,

i know how to add music. but if i add it now, on a new computer with a blank library, will it not just erase the current contents of my ipod and put on what's in my new library?

sounds like there is no way to access the contents of my music, short of returning to korea and getting them off my harddrive and saving them in a folder using the ipod as an external drive?

this sucks as there is some music i got that i can't get again...

GeorgeH
Unregistered guest
OK ill try one more time before i have to pay to get this fixed...ok berny i've gotta question for you. i had itunes 4.9 and updated to 5.0, God i wish i hadn't. in the middle of the update, it like froze so i canceled but it wouldnt cancel so i force quit out of it. i have windows xp by the way. now when i tried to open itunes it wouldnt let me so i uninstalled it and reinstalled using the 5.0 version online and still it won't start. i uninstalled again and installed like 4.7 from my cd that came with the ipod, still it won't open. lastyl i did a system restore to 2 days before the problem and yet again it won't open. what should I do???

Gold Member

Post Number: 4045
Georgeh,
This is a known issue. REad this

http://news.com.com/iTunes+upgrade+has+users+griping/2100-1046_3-5863637.html

lubdub
Unregistered guest
Berny,

Thanks for the info. The box checked is for me to manually manage songs and playlists. What can I do now about these duplicated songs? I heard of some software called iPod Access for Windows that might help. Know anything about it?

cassie
Unregistered guest
berny i have itunes and i just downloaded limewire.. i know it means being a thief...but i want to get the songs i downloaded onto my ipod... how do i do it?

GeorgeH
Unregistered guest
ok, thanks for the info, does this mean that im screwed until they fix the problem on their end?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4046
keep checking the apple.com website

Unregistered guest
Hey, when i connect my ipod the library comes up, but they are all greyed out and it does not allow me to play them. Is there any way i can fix this?

Username: Chantal

PooleEngland

Post Number: 1
Hey, I have a few problems with my Ipod mini.
I had an Dell XP and It got a virus. This virus was so bad that we got this PC person to put take the memory out, wipe the PC clean and put all the memory back on to the same PC.
He copied SOME of my itunes on to the new PC, but not all of them.
I had to authorize the same PC again!! so now, i've shared the music with 2 PCs instead of the one!
Also, I plugged in my iPod in to the PC and it wont copy the missing tracks from the POD in to my libary!
How do I do this? I might not make any sense!
Thanks

lukevida
Unregistered guest
I also have a problem with my 30g Ipod Photo.

Everything is normal with my itunes and whatnot, when my ipod is connected my 4000 songs all show and work fine.

Except when I unplug my ipod and use it normally there is no trace of the songs being on it.

Please Help, I have no idea what it wrong

Username: Katberry21

Post Number: 4
Hi

Quick Q - I have an Ipod mini. If i go travelling can i plug it into any computer USB port to simply recharge it without it deleting the songs on it? Or can I only charge it on my computer with itunes on it?
thanks

elly
Unregistered guest
Hi
I would love some help as my iTunes is driving me crazy!
Ihad iTunes on my old laptop, wtih XP.
I got a new laptop, agian with XP and moved all my music files across with a poratble hard drive. Fine.
I forgot two albums so thought i'd just import them manually to check out cd drive worked.
All impoeted fine, but when i plugged in ipod, updated all songs i moved across except those i put on manually.
It starts off saying its updating them then stops and says update is complete when it isn't! nightmare becasue how am i ever going to put new music on there?!

Anyone who can help will become an instant hero,

thankyou lots :-)

dnb
Unregistered guest
I RECENTLY DID SYSTEM RECOVERY ON MY COMPUTER AND THAT DELEETED ALL THE SONGS FROM MY ITUNES MUSIC LIBRARY, BUT THE MUSIC IS STILL ON MY IPOD. I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY I CAN TRANSFER ALL THE SONGS ON MY IPOD TO MY ITUNES MUSIC LIBRARY.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

DNB
Unregistered guest
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TRANSFER MUSIC FROM MY IPOD TO ITUNES!!!!!!!!!!

IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED =)

DNB
Unregistered guest
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt York
Unregistered guest
I've recently encountered a major issue when trying to transfer files from itunes to my ipod mini on my PC. I get an error that tells me that I can't transfer files because the disk drive(ipod) is neither readable or writable. It'll transfer 5 or 6 songs and then give me the same error message each time. I've tried re-installing all the software, restoring, rebooting, restarting... nothing. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks

Laur
Unregistered guest
Ok. So, I clicked on "Update" when I opened iTunes because it kept saying that I need to update my mini iPod. I did and it has been atleast 3 hours and it still says "Do Not Disconnect". How long does it usually take for the mini iPod to update???? Please tell me if something is wrong.

Duke1978
Unregistered guest
how come sometimes when you download music from itunes and then create a playlist with the songs it does not give you the option to burn to a disc. i downloaded the songs from my pc at work but had no luck creating the disc there and then at home when i logged into itunes with the same account i also was not given the option. the little circle button in the top right corner stays on "browse" instead of "burn"

any advice or suggestions would be awesome!

sincerely,
thoroughly frustrated itunes user

blondy
Unregistered guest
A couple of weeks ago my computer crashed and my library and everything was lost. I dumbly plugged it into the new computer when I got it and pushed yes to update so everything disappeared. I found out you can't get that back but when I went to buy a song I'd had before it crashed it said that I'd already purchased the song but I can't find it. Is there a way to get back my purchased music from my account?

blondy
Unregistered guest
A couple of weeks ago my computer crashed and my library and everything was lost. I dumbly plugged it into the new computer and when I got it and pushed yes to update so everything disappeared. I found out you can't get that back but when I went to buy a song I'd had before it crashed it said that I'd already purchased the song but I can't find it. Is there a way to get back my purchased music from my account?

pia
Unregistered guest
my boyfriend had to reformat his computer, and obviously lost everything, including his music. So i took a bunch of songs off of my computer and tried to burn them in roxio easy cd creator as data files so i didn't have to make hundreds of cds so he could have some music back on his computer again. he downloaded itunes onto his computer but when we tried to transfer the songs from the cd it doesn't work. we have to go through song by song and say "open with itunes", but even then when he goes to play the songs with the cd out of the computer, it says it can't read the files without the cd in. how can we get the songs transfered into his itunes so he can play them? or do i need to convert the songs back to mp3 before burning them with roxio? or do i just have to give in and burn it all as music cds?

Unregistered guest
my computer just crashed so i got a temp - fortunately, all my music was on an external hard drive. i had exported my itunes library as a txt file. i just installed itunes on my temporary computer, and tried to import the library text file but it says that it can't locate the files. they're there - i can access them individually - but i'm concerned that i've lost all the rating info that i inputted. any ideas what to do? drop a line at matt.ame@gmail.com if you've got tips.

Unregistered guest
I get a message that says 'quicktime player has encountered a problem and needs to close' when I try to open quicktime. It seems that this just happened for no reason. It was working fine then all of the sudden it started doing this. Also, itunes won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. I tried reinstalling numerous times, quicktime alternative, and system restore with no luck. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I get a message that says 'quicktime player has encountered a problem and needs to close' when I try to open quicktime. It seems that this just happened for no reason. It was working fine then all of the sudden it started doing this. Also, itunes won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. I tried reinstalling numerous times, quicktime alternative, and system restore with no luck. Any ideas? ASAP

Kiesha
Unregistered guest
Hi, I recently bought an ipod and its been giving me some trouble. Every time i click a song to play the song plays for like a minute, or for two seconds, or it justs skips to the next song. did i do something wrong? Help please!!!

Unregistered guest
I bought my original iPod mini from Best Buy and ultimately the hard drive died. Fortunately, I had a product replacement plan. Today I got my new mini. It's plugged into my computer right now. It has said "Do not Disconnect" for the last 20 minutes, but it does not look like the library is updating to the iPod. I already "restored" the mini when I first connected it to my computer. How do I get my existing iTunes library loaded onto my new iPod mini?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1837
Can you rephrase your question, preferably in chronological order of events?

What do you mean by restored?

Username: Sherry5000

I downloaded Itunes 5 and now have no music either purchased or otherwise in my library. How can I get those back? I have Windows XP and IPOD Shuffle 30mg. Thanks.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1845
File>Import Files
File>Import Folders

Once the popup window displays, you're going to have to browse through your computer and find your music files.

Unregistered guest
itunes, windows XP - can I "bunch up" the albums when looking in my library so that I see only albums (and odd files) and click a "+" and expand the albums to see the "tracks" (as I still prefer to call them!)
cheers

Unregistered guest
Can you make a cd from music you have downloaded from itunes? i just tried and it wouldnt let me
thanks,
lizzy

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1862
Yep, unless you have some type of copyright protection turned on.

Unregistered guest
well i tried and it says it is protected
how do i fix it???

Unregistered guest
Im having some real trouble opening my Itunes and with my Ipod. For starters windows wont allow me to open itunes. It gives me the standard microsoft error popup when I do. After a few reinstalls it still does the same thing. Now the problem with my Ipod is that none of my purchased music will play. It's still on the Ipod, it just skips all the songs I've purchased, around 100 or so. Needless to say this is upsetting. Any ideas? I called apple today and they wanted $50 to give me help over the phone. I'll check elsewhere before I bend over for them.

dcelia27
Unregistered guest
The battery on my iPod doesn't last more than an hour at best even after charging it all night on my PC. Is it a defect or am I doing something wrong?

Thank You!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4087
how old is the iPod?
Did you let the battery run out of juice? If you did, the battery life will be shortened considerably. Do not ever let the battery run out. Always re-charge it after use.

lizzydeaton
Unregistered guest
I am trying to burn a cd of songs i have bought through itunes. i am using nero for my burning software. it will not let me upload them. it says the songs are protected. what can i do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4096
nothing. It is protected from being copied. What do you think the protection is there for?

shellshocked
Unregistered guest
Finally got tired of the battery on my ipod mini and switched to another player. Now, I can't transfer any of my itunes or audible purchases to my new player. What am I missing?

mopod
Unregistered guest
My computer crashed and according to a tech everything on my hard drive is gone and cannot be retrieved including my iPod registration and complete library. Can the iPod be used on another computer in any way at all?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4098
yes you can use it on another computer. Just make sure you set it back to factory settings to avoid any conflict with the other PC. Check the apple.com website to see how this is done.

dcelia27
Unregistered guest
Thanks Berny with regards to my battery dying so quickly. I have played the iPod right til the battery died. Does that mean I'm screwed now? Is there any way of getting the battery to work for hours and hours like it's suppose to?

Thanks for all your help.

andy_25
Unregistered guest
I have a 4gb Ipod mini and it didn't seem to be able to store as many songs as I expected.

I have deleted all the songs from it, but ITunes still shows 2.92gb as being used.

Any ideas?

andy_25
Unregistered guest
I have a 4gb Ipod mini and it didn't seem to be able to store as many songs as I expected.

I have deleted all the songs from it, but ITunes still shows 2.92gb as being used.

Any ideas?

Bendy
Unregistered guest
when i go to open itunes it reads itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience.below that it reads if you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost. can u tell me how to fix it. it affects quicktime aswell. please help me

Bendy
Unregistered guest
when i go to open itunes it reads itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience.below that it reads if you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost. can u tell me how to fix it it affects quicktime too please help me

Bendy
Unregistered guest
when i go to open itunes it reads itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience.below that it reads if you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost. can u tell me how to fix it it affects quicktime too please help me

Unregistered guest
Hi B after a lot of browsing for answers got to your site....all was well until i dl the itunes5 it did not work now back to the version 4 from my original packing and it just wont allow me to drag n drop songs from library to my playlist just hangs and i have to use the 3 finger salute to close Itune GRRRRRR been 3 days now of reinstalls and what not MAYDAY n thanks in advance

Username: Aeb

Berny help me out.

I had Itunes on my old computer which Idont have anymore. I have my new computer now and I downloaded Itunes through my disk that I had. I was able to download all my songs from my Ipod to my new computer. How do I transfer them now to Itunes ? It wont let me drag them.

Thanks man.

Unregistered guest
I am running Mac OS 10.4 latest, and itunes 5.0 latest (5.0.1?), and have quite an old ipod - 3rd gen, 30GB. For some reason, when I now put it in its dock, neither itunes or the Finder recognise it, and both crash until I pull it out of its dock. After four or five restarts, it occasionally will see it, and I've used ipod updater and done a complete restore and wiped it all. Still no joy though - any ideas on what's wrong with it?

Thanks very much.

niko00b
Unregistered guest
How do I move my laptop itunes library over to my pc itunes library and then added them to my ipod?

Unregistered guest
I just bought an external hard drive and I want to put all my music on it. The problem is that I will have to relocate all 3500+ songs that I have. I really don't want to do this manually. Is there any way that I can do this my folder? Artist? Album? iTunes Library itself???? PLEASE HELP! My hard drive is totally full on my C drive and I am told I MUST put my information on the new external hard drive... HELP!!!

xxLauraxx
Unregistered guest
Hi! I'm having a basic problem...I got a new computer and now I can't seem to download any music from my new computer to my iPod. I only have about 50 songs on there, so I know it's not full. When I switch from viewing iPod to iTunes and back, it won't pick up my iPod anymore. When this happens I restart my computer or unplug it and put it back in but nothing seems to work. I know a few other people who have had this problem as well. Thanks.

IAustin
Unregistered guest
I cant find my ipod do they have a thing that navigates it for i REally NEED HELP

IJared
Unregistered guest
How do I change the format of the songs I have on iTunes? Ever since I downloaded iTunes, all of my songs have been changed to AAC format. I need them back to .wav and other formats. How do I undo what iTunes did?

P.S.-xxLauraxx, I think that iTunes disabled downloading music from a different harddrive so that noone could steal/rip/share other people's music...However, I might be wrong.

Sarah T.
Unregistered guest
Hey, I don`t have an ipod, but i have a question about itunes and limewire:
I have a windows computer, and I`m having a little trouble getting songs from limewire to itunes. Can u tell me how to do this on a windows? Also, is there any way to automatically add songs to my ITunes right when they`re downloaded from limewire?

Rohin
Unregistered guest
Hi i have itunes 5.0 and my other computer broke. But luckly i had it saved on disk but they were on dvd rw's. How do you import it on to itunes? because where it usually says import disk it says browse.

Username: Showmesomethin

Hey anyone who is getting the "itunes has encoutered a problem and has to close..blah blah. . go here http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@995.CegmatlgUZ3.0@.68b9b14d

theres a set of directions with two links on removing itunes and quicktime completely and reinstalling quicktime standalone. . trust me i've read so many different things because i had the problem. . this one works. . ooo yeah and even though you have to unistall everything your songs are still there when you reinstall

ruthless_ipod_punk
Unregistered guest
Hey Berny or anyone,

I'm probably being a blonde here, but im totally new to Apple, iTunes and iPods!! I jst got an iPod 20GB photo the other day and i cant figure this one thing out - ive searched the help menus and nothing.
How do u get the album pictures to come up on "Now Playing" when you play the songs?! It only works on one of my songs (The Rock Show, Blink 182) they all have album information, just no pictures!! tell me how i can fix this please its driving me mad!! thanks
born_shopaholic@hotmail.com :D

Really_Stressed_3
Unregistered guest
Hey anyone who can help!

Well when I try to run iTunes a "send error report" box pops up. After numerous amounts of trying to get iTunes running I have failed. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem???

Really_Stressed_3
Unregistered guest
Hey anyone who can help!

Well when I try to run iTunes a "send error report" box pops up. After numerous amounts of trying to get iTunes running I have failed. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem???

Unregistered guest
My ipod will not let me upload songs that i have put on my itunes. I tried using a different computer to upload the songs from but the ipod still did not upload them.

Unregistered guest
Greetings from Bali Indonesia ALL!
A quick question...Hoping someone (errr.. Bernie!) maybe can help!
before getting my I-pod/Itunes I had RealPlayer on my computer and thus all music (close to 5,000 tracks are now filed as .real)...I cannot import these to Itunes! Anyidea how to do the file conversion??? I've tried everything I can think of and it won't let me bag the Real Player association!! Help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4121
baliben,
find out where the music files are stored without using RealPlayer.
When you find it, right click on the file, from there you can choose "convert audio format" or you you can use iTunes to open the file, from there iTune should ask you if you want to convert the music file.

Username: Tararujb

is there a way that i can copy music off my ipod onto my coputer kindof like off a cd becouse as far as i understand an ipod is a mass storage device so there should be a way to transfer data between compters

please help! tararujb@yahoo.com

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1998
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/138629.html

Try that.

xradiostar
Unregistered guest
hey guys I have a quick question.
I have iTunes&I recently got a virus on my computer and had to reboot it&lost everything. Is there any way I can get the songs I purchased from the iTunes store..back into my library so I don't have to buy them again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4122
try contacting the iTunes store.
But if you had to reboot, everything that you have on that computer is gone, unless you backed it up somewhere.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know why when I burn a CD from iTunes the cd seems to skip. I can still to Cd-Cd copies and they work fine so I would assume it's a problem with iTunes. I've downloaded version 6 thinking it may help but no joy. Any advise would be fantastic!

Cheers

Username: Ukmp3

I had the same problem - anyone ?

mp3 players

dcelia27
Unregistered guest
I have played my iPod right down until the battery died. Does that mean I'm screwed now? Is there any way of getting the battery to work for hours and hours like it's suppose to? Right now it lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes. Does it need to be fixed/returned?

Thanks for all your help.

Unregistered guest
hey i used to use itunes, but one day i opened it, and it worked fine, except it wont play any file, i keep trying to play a song, but nothing happens, the scroll bar just dont move, and my other programs like media player work fine, hel please!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4134
dcelia27, you need a new battery.

Unregistered guest
well my itunes is okay except when i go to the music store to browse a CD or something, on the bottom where all of the song names and times are supposed to come up- is empty?

its really weird.. so now there is no possible way for me to buy music!

please help by emailing me at keriberi345@aol.com

thank youuuuu

Unregistered guest
or you can post back

Unregistered guest
hi, ok im hoping this will make sense and someone can help me out. so i have a 2gb nano and like 2000 songs on my computer so obviously not all of them will fit onto my nano.. so im wondering how do i change songs on my nano without deleting the songs in order to make space for the other songs...like i dont want to delete the song from my computer just the nano but thers no way of getting it off the playlist other than just deleting the song altogether. ther must be a way of just removing the song from my playlist and not from my whole computer. am i just dumb??? thanxx!

brittney
Unregistered guest
ok nvm figured it out...i am dumb

Post Number: 2
LOL

Jock
Unregistered guest
I am using iTunes 5. Previously I added my CD tracks by ripping with Roxio then dragging into iTunes. I have started trying to add using iTunes only, but it only imports a few seconds of each track before skipping to the next. Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks

annoyed...
Unregistered guest
I download songs off limewire and have to go through this whole process of moving them to itunes while my friends computer automatically saves and plays them in itunes...how do i get it to do that?

Lilactress
Unregistered guest
Every time I go to iTunes and i click on a Cd it will show me the picture of the cd and its ratings but the list of songs to buy wont come up. same with the top 100 songs none of the song titles or "buy song" options will show up. is it something wrong with my computer or the Music store.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm new here but am hoping to get help with a problem. I downloaded some classical music without checking its format and it was in .wma. I'd like to get it to my iPod so it has to be put into the iTunes library. Is there a way to convert the file from the wma to an mp3? All the instructions I've read start with, "highlight the song in your iTunes library", but that's just the problem---I can't get it into the library. The drag function doesn't work. I copied it to the desktop & changed the file suffix to mp3 and tried it that way, but that didn't work either. Any suggestions? I'm running Mac OS 10.2.8 and iTunes 5.0. Thanks!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4145
right click on your music file that is in .wma format. When you right click, you will get the option to "convert file" to mp3 or whatever format you told iTunes to do.

drew s
Unregistered guest
alright im really getting frustrated with itunes. my hard drive recently died. i wasnt able to salvage anything but i found out how to get all the songs on my ipod onto my new hard drive. i downloaded itunes again but have for some reason ran across a problem. whenever i try to play the songs on itunes that i had ripped from a cd they wont play but when i play songs i have downloaded they show up and play on itunes. this never happened before i got a new hard drive. i had an older version of itunes on my old hard drive in case you need to know. not sure which version though.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2030
Just a suggestion, once you install iTunes, don't update it. Maybe it's me, but it always does something bizarre like that.

Unregistered guest
I have just got a new laptop, and also wanted to transfer all my music over from my old pc. i know you can use your ipod as a hard drive, but i heard that often caused problems??if it didnt copy songs onto my laptop, not a big deal, just try something else, but if it decided to delete all my music on pc i may cry!!anyone have any information or other ideas??

Unregistered guest
when i plug my ipod into my computer, itunes comes up and my ipod charges but then it says itunes doesnt recognize my ipod but it still says do not disconnect on my ipod and it carries on charging..cos of this i have no songs on my ipod! someone help me before i throw my ipod off the wall!

Unregistered guest
My family has 5 ipods which work fine, and my daughter's friend has an ipod which we update for her (their computer is so old it doesn't have a USB port). I can update all the ipods just fine except hers.

When iTunes starts to update the songs on this ipod, it goes REALLY slowly, and will eventually stop and freeze before it completes the playlist. I have tried just updating 50 songs at a time, but no luck. The other ipods zoom down the list when they are updating, but not this one. We're talking about 30 seconds or more per song, if it even finishes, while the others go around one song per second.

I have reset and restored the ipod to no avail, and even got into the diagnostic screen and ran a scan of the disk which showed no problems. The family took it into the Apple store a few months ago, but I think the clerks must have just restored it and not done anything significant.

Any tips or things I am missing here?

Unregistered guest
Help! my pc recently froze up on me while installing broadband and a mate who knows alot more about pc's than me managed to get it working again. unfortunately i think he's wiped my library with 1800 tracks and 15 playlists i can't find them on my pc anywhere. they're all still on my pod and i've managed to reinstall quicktime and i tunes back onto my pc but the library's empty, if i plug my pod into the usb is it going to wipe my pod or update my library and revert back to where i was.

Splenge
Unregistered guest
I have a really annoying problem. On itunes when i play music there is background noise. this stops when the music goes quiet. It is not a problem with speakers because other programs run fine. The backround is a kind of crackling fuzz noise and you can hear it the best on quiet songs. I have re installed and updated itunes. I used to have a problem that it said that my itune library was corrupt could this be linked? Thanks

Post Number: 3
I had the same problem. As you have said it is nothing to do with the speakers could it be your headphones - thats th problem I had

minor...sorry
Unregistered guest
for anyone trying to access their ipod music to get it onto their pc, here's how to do it for windows (sorry mac!!)

1) plug in ipod 2 pc
2) after the do not disconnect sign appears on the ipod face, go to control panel > folder options (xp users may have to switch modes from catergory view to classic view {on left})
3) a lil pop up dialog box will appear. there will be a tab called view...click it
4) now there will be an outline style list. you will see something that says hidden files. chose to show all hidden files. apply.
5) go to my computer
6)you will see one of the drvies will be titles ...blanks's ipod...click that
7) you will have the normal stuf there, like calneder and notes, but there will be a faded folder named ipod control. open that
8) click on music
9) all hte folders that come up have your music in it... drag and drop onto your desktop, or wherever you want

HOPE I HELPED =D

Anonymous

when i try to upload the songs from my library to mi iPod it says that i cant becasue i hav deleted a playlist that you need, the playlist is still on mi iPod and i didnt want it as it deleted my other playlists on my iPod, how can i download music onto mi iPod without that playlist?

Unregistered guest
Berny: thanks for the help, I did what you said about right clicking and it worked like a charm. Sorry for the delay in my reply! I really am grateful. Ellen

Pien
Unregistered guest
HELP ME!!

Since a week or two i am the "proud" owner of the ipod nano black 4 gb. Worked fine until...
i installed ipod linux software on it (double boot option).

Now when i connect the ipod nano to my pc it says "do not disconnect" but it doesn't do anything else anymore! It doesn't connect to Itunes or anything!

When i turn the ipod on i get the apple logo first and then i get an image of a folder with www.apple.com/support/ipod written under it.

I tried to reset the ipod by pushing the rewind and play button at the same time. This didn't help. I even tried to reset the software by using the program Ipod updater 2005-10-12.

In the last case, the program keeps telling me that it cannot connect the ipod.

Is there any way i can reset everything to normal? I wish i hadn't installed the ipod linux on it!! How stupid of me!

Anyone else with the same problem??

Help me!! I cannot use the ipod anymore!
What should i do??

Thanx in advance!

Pien
Unregistered guest
ONE MORE THING!!

When i try to disconnect the ipod from my pc it doesn't want to do that either, so i just pulled it out of the usb connection and now the ipod is kind of "frozen" and on the screen it says:

'OK to disconnect"

And i can't do anything else with it!!
It's frozen, i can't even turn de damned thing of!!

Soooooooo sorry i ever installed the stupid linux software on it!

dream killa
Unregistered guest
hey all.
I got an iPod mini, want to burn a backup on CD, but when i selected a playlist, why doesn't the "Browse" button change to "Burn"?
Argh, it frustrates me, i've been sitting here for 2 hours trying to figure this out. Need help, any suggestions? =]

minza24
Unregistered guest
My iTunes is only converting 10-15 seconds of each track from a CD in AAC format. Does anyone know how to fix this so it will convert the entire track? Any help appreciated

Username: Yelltom

USA

iTunes error when importing from CD.

I have Win XP, Athlon 2400+, 512 MB, DVD drive, TDK CDRW drive and TDK DVDRW drive. If I use any drive to try to import music to MP3 format from CD, I will always get the error:

iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature:

AppName: itunes.exe AppVer: 6.0.1.3 ModName: itunes.exe

ModVer: 6.0.1.3 Offset: 0070b5ac

This happens randomly, but usually after 1 - 3 songs. Sometimes it will happen just after it starts. I have cleaned out the temp folder before each attempt. Sound card drivers are updated. Maybe I need a firmware update for a drive? Are there any known apps that will cause a conflict? Any ideas?

Username: Kpow

hey i just got a new video ipod for christmas and have been trying to load cds of mine onto it. however, when i try to drag the songs from the cd to my ipod, i get a message saying, "some of the songs in the iTunes library, including 'a song from the cd im trying to put on', were not copied to the ipod because they cannot be played on this ipod." its given me the same message with several cds ive tried to put on. how can i fix this??

Anonymous

i recently got an ipod 30GB and i dont know how to transferr all my mp3 files from my limewire libary to my itune libary help me please

Unregistered guest
i recently purchased a black 2G ipod nano, and have a Mac OS X, itunes was already installed on the mac-and i installed the ipod software and itunes that came with the ipod.everything was going fine except now when i plug my ipod into the mac, nothing happens in itunes-the ipod charges and says "do no disconnect" but there is no ipod icon at the bottom of itunes like there should be. i used a friends mac the first time and it worked fine!i remember some kind of message concerning quicktime popping up just after i installed the ipod software-but foolishly ignored it!also we dont have the internet on the mac-but surely i dont need it if i just want to put music from cds on to the ipod?help!!!!please!!!

kelseyy
Unregistered guest
ok. so i got an ipod for christmas. it worked just fine until my computer recently crashed and i lost everything. all songs were even erased off my ipod when i clicked yes on the pop up that occurs when you use an ipod on a new computer. i somehow was able to recover all songs back into my itunes library.. but when i clicke update this ipod.. it says updating ipod for a brief moment then stops. nothing happens. i have all the songs saved and everything. also.. it doesnt allow me to drag songs and whatnot to my ipod icon under the source list. is this a problem that can be fixed?

Anonymous

The battery in my wife's ipod is dying before it will update all of the songs in her library.
A couple of questions:
1) Can she get a new battery for the ipod (it's the older, big unit - 10 or 20gig) ... Anyone know how much a battery might run ... $?
2) If she goes into iTunes preferences and just checks the boxes of the NEW songs she want to load onto her ipod, will the UNchecked songs be deleted from the ipod? Or will it just ADD the checked songs?

Thanks much!

Anonymous

Re: "Can she get a new battery for the ipod (it's the older, big unit - 10 or 20gig) "

My bad -- it's the 40gig unit.

Unregistered guest
hi. i was wondering if there was a way to undo an update to itunes. not the ipod udater, but an update to itunes itself. i recently updated to itunes 6 like it asked and every since then everything is all messed up.

Unregistered guest
also..does anyone know what the error(-69) means?
it comes up when i try to put all my songs on my 30 gig ipod photo. this goes with the previous message.

Anonymous

k i have a video ipod 30 gb. and i have limewire ne 1 kno how to get tha videos off there onto ma ipod? it's wierd cuz there in ma itunes library but i can't get them from there onto ma ipod ---- *ugh*!! plzz ne 1 who can help me please let me kno!!

Anonymous

o ma email adress is barlowgirl314@yahoo.com so plz e-mail me w/ tha title to do sumthin but ipod thingys and it'll b greatly appreciated kk thanx

Unregistered guest
Oh man iTunes is driving me insane!! I can't connect to other shared users at my university. I could at the beginning of the year, and now I can't. I also can't connect to the music store...It says "check your network connection and try again" when I am fully connected to the internet. I tried updating everything, and I'm really frustrated. I had ethernet, but I switched to wireless after I realized I have to be on wireless to connect to other users and share their music; which still isn't sharing. (I tried going to preferences and clicking on shared - still didn't work)

Please help!! if you know what to do, you can e-mail me at ebrown23@lion.lmu.edu

Anonymous

what's the easy way to convert a song in my folder from realplayer to itunes?

Username: Mr_retardo

Post Number: 5
how do i add the folders on the left like recently added, top 25 played...etc

Lilywonka
Unregistered guest
does anyone know why my ipod wont turn on! its dead but when i plug it in to my computer it wont charge!! HELP!

Username: Mr_retardo

Post Number: 6
lilywonka, just leave you're ipod connected to the computer for a couple of minutes, and sooner or later the ipod will turn on.

Anonymous

I have a 2GB ipod, and when I plug it in, itunes wont show up. In this case i can't download songs on my Ipod if you know how to fix this problem please tell me

Thanks

Karen S
Unregistered guest
Hello
Please help I'm a new Ipod mini user. I have sucessfully imported music from CDs to Itunes and then got them to my library on the Ipod but the music has popping and clicking noises.I have ruled out the headphones and have reimported the music with the suggestion from the ITunes help support and still the sounds remain. I would appreciate any help.

wingbreaker
Unregistered guest
Can someone tell me how to fix the iTunes problem? My "Purchased" folder shows all my songs are in duplication. What should I do? I can't find anything to fix it. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I am begging you, somebody help me!! i have a white 2 gb ipod. i am 13 and live with a computer illiterate family!! everytime i connect my ipod to my computer, my ipod display shows "do not disconnect" this message oes not go untill i disconnect my ipod. I dont think itunes is recognising my ipod and i cannot put songs onto it, i have had this problem for a while but kinda thought it would go away.... it didnt! please help me i dont know what to do!!

signed Heidi

Unregistered guest
I am begging you, somebody help me!! i have a white 2 gb ipod. i am 13 and live with a computer illiterate family!! everytime i connect my ipod to my computer, my ipod display shows "do not disconnect" this message oes not go untill i disconnect my ipod. I dont think itunes is recognising my ipod and i cannot put songs onto it, i have had this problem for a while but kinda thought it would go away.... it didnt! please help me i dont know what to do!!

signed Heidi

itunestressed
Unregistered guest
when trying to copy songs from my itunes library to my ipod mini it tells me there is not enough room to copy when theres enough capicity space on my ipod...it only lets me copy a certain # of songs???...I dont want to switch my ipod to "automatically update" as it says it will erase all of my songs and playlists on my ipod...yeah..all of this happened after getting a new computer...can someone please tell me how to be able to copy more songs from my library to my ipod or to transfer all my ipod songs to my computer..heard about anapod exlorer and its CopyGear?...any suggestions???

Tubby_Canna
Unregistered guest
Please Help!
I just reinstalled windows on my comp, and after i installed iTunes (6.0.1) i tried to open it, but all i got was "iTunes.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". I tried reinstalling iTunes but it didnt help , so i downloaded iTunes v6.0.3 and tried that. it still wont even open, i just keep getting the "iTunes has encountered a problem etc etc" message. Any ideas?

Username: Ipodlova1213

Hey, when i try to turn on my Ipod it just goes to the apple sign and then goes to this sign of a folder and and exclimation mark, what does this mean?!? And also, how can I fix it, and listen to my music again?

Username: Tomdoherty89

HI i have had my itunes not opening saying itunes.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows you will need to restart this program i have done this five times and it still doesn't work?!? can someone help me please
tom

Username: Lollilaw

No doubt this question has been asked before, as I have friends who had this problem (but cannot remember how to fix it!). I installed itunes and tried to transfer music from a cd to my library but it does not seem to be working. I also think my D drive is no longer functional .. HELP!

Thanks

Username: Jennym8869

can some1 plz help me when i opened itunes just now my library was gone includin my new songs id put on there
i cant get it back what shud i do
i cant find some of the songes either anywhere so i cant even re make it

Username: 2006basketball

Ep, Sd Us

Sometimes media player and itunes wont let me burn music it says there is an error so what do i do i need to burn music i bought!

Username: Sheepello

Post Number: 3
ight heres a tricky one

my ipod started to update its software, and a progress bar came on screen, this completed.
then a picture showing my mains plug adapter came up.
so i plugged it into my mains and another progress bar came up.
then this bar froze half way for 10 mins so i reset my ipod.
now its dead. wont reset wont charge wont be recognized by my pc it just clicks when i plug it to my usb.
its the 20gb 4th gen with the clickwheel.
any ideas what it could be cz i need it for my car!!!! lol

cheers jay

Username: Xkimorix

hi
i just got a 2gb iPod nano and ive installed the software for the iPod and iTunes onto my computer, but iTunes just wont open! can i fix this, or is there anyway of putting music onto my ipod form windows media player????
cheers,
steven

Username: Poop

ITS PROBABLY A DUMB QUESTION, BUT IF I DONT WANT SONGS TO BE DOWNLOADED TO MY IPOD WEN IM UPDATING HOW DO I DO IT WITHOUT REMOVING THEM FROM MY COMPUTER ENTIRELY?????

PLEASE HELP ME OUT I DIDNT DELETE THE SONGS YET COUSE I WANT THEM BACK SO TELL ME IF ITS SAFE OR NOT

Username: Poop

awww nvm it was a dumb question i just had to paste them into my music folder.

Username: Freefalling2d

help! I have a iMac and i just bought a viedeo iPod... but it wont let me upload my music onto my iPod! but it worked on my friends windows PC what the heck is going on!!!?? my iPod doesnt even show up as CONNECTED to the iTunes or anything! please please help! if anyone knows how my email is FreeFalling2d@aol.com thanks for the help!!!

Username: Mike07

whenever i try to open itunes, an error message pops up that reads" the itunes music library you are trying to access is blocked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file" ive tried deleting adn redowlaoding itunes, and nothin helps. plz help me

Username: Justinx

Hello, I am unable to get iTunes to open. No message pops up, I just get a brief hourglass, then nothing. I've reinstalled iTunes several times (both from the original CD, and from Apple's website) and now when I try to start the program, it flashes the user agreement for an extremely small fraction of a second, then goes away. I've also removed the library files from the iTunes folder in the My Documents..../My Music area, but still no luck. This is growing extremely frustrating. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Username: Ollie_nelthorpe

Can anyone tell me how I can stop iTunes running the end of one song into the beginning of the next? Is there a setting to change that? (apologies if this topic has already been raised elsewhere here)

Username: Yolanda

CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES

my computer or itunes whatever it is wont download ITUNES back on. HELP

Username: Yolanda

CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES

PLESE HELP ME GET MY ITUNES BACK ON GIVE ME A NUMBER OR HELP.

Username: Loveistheegg

I got the new 30g video ipod. I had the 20g 4th gena. so i just got the new itunes.Im trying to put my videos on it and it wont let me. Itunes doesnt even give a sign of not being able to run or anything when i try to add the files and ive been looking everywhere for ways to convert it and apple is no help because they just want me to buy the movies from them.

any help?

Username: Stp_austin

ok i have some stuff on itunes that i dont want anymore under limewire tunes and cant seem how to delete them how do i do this

Username: Nicole_latta

ok heres the entire problem - a couple days ago all the music in my iTunes library just disapeared. I thought nothing of it because i manually add all my music on and as long as none of my music on my iPod was deleted, i could have cared less, so i just started adding new music onto my library when i wanted to put it on my iPod. Well then on this fine day i accedently clicked to have my iTunes automatically update all my songs and playlists to match my library.
so it did. And it delited/got rid of 1000+ songs i formally had on my iPod...it there anykind of way to undo that cause? i am really frustrated about it..and sad =_=

Username: Xganesax

New Orleans, LA U.S.A.

I have a problem with my 30g Ipod Photo.

Everything is normal with my itunes and whatnot, when my ipod is connected my 4000 songs all show and work fine.

Except when I unplug my ipod and use it normally there is no trace of the songs being on it.

Please Help, I have no idea what it wrong.

Username: Pimpoz_

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

how do u take songs from a folder and put it onto my ipod because it is just no transfering.

Username: Shubaldi

Okay, my computer is dumb. My itunes will not play any of my songs, and the scrollbar won't even move! I've tried many ways to fix it, including uninstalling and re-installing itunes, but to no avail. I've tried everything that apple has told me to do, but nothing works. Please, someone help me. Music is my life, and I haven't had music in over a month!

smbaldwin2s@semo.edu

Username: Curlygirly5623

Alright I don't know if this has been answered before but i wanted to know if i can transfer my library from one computer to another. i just got a new one and would like to move it from my old one. is that possible?

Username: Kshea3899

When i clicked on iTunes one day it said quick time did not exist, so i went to the website and downloaded the new version and it said repairing all errors and now when i click on the icon nothing happens! SOMEONE PLEASE HELPP!!

Username: Lumbum03

Devils Lake, ND USA

I have 2 questions. First is how do I back-up or burn my tv shows/movies onto a cd or anything. My second questions (advise needed) is that my hard drive which is only 28 GB... is full and I have an 80 GB iPod and I would like to put more items on my iPod, but I'm not sure how to do this without erasing the items off my iPod that I erase off my hard drive. Can you help me or give me some advice! Thanks

Username: Yaskshelat

hi
i have just downloaded itunes but by mistake i have deleted the playlist called RECENTLY ADDED SONGS. due to that i can not know the recently added songs and i cant rip the music to ipod. if i go to MUSIC folder it does not show me the files in an order i add them
can anyone help me how to create "recently added" playlist again?

Username: Adriany

Post Number: 6
Many iPod users came across this, and I was one of them. iTunes is one-way street, which only allows iTunes to iPod, not the other way around.
That's why when we need to transfer music from iPod to computer/iTunes, we need to use some third party program to help. This iPod to computer transfer guide was the most helpful for me. Just for your reference.

Username: Jp2366

Is there any way to make a playlist by using the check boxes instead of dragging and dropping?

Username: Zanger12345

fyi to the above comment:
My best friends used, www.transferpod.com it transfers your music and files from ipod to computer and and easy to get your ipod to itunes, ipod to pc and most of the software out there only work for pc www.transferpod.com works for pc and mac. The free trial only worked for transferpod, but most the software's out there give a tree trial.Good luck.check out www.transferpod.com.
Donny

Username: Hasshole

everything on my computer got deleted because of some virus. so there for i had to reinstall my itunes. I still have everything on my phone and i used the same itunes account. but why wont it let me put my new music on my phone. i clicked and dragged the song to my iphone and it was a red no no sign. so i closed down the program and tried again and then it worked. but now it wont work again. WHAT do i do?!?!?!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us