Archive through December 14, 2005Stefan Gretch100
Archive through October 28, 2005Jexx100
Archive through September 17, 2005megmeg100
Archive through August 03, 2005JaxSasax100
Archive through July 01, 2005mendoza2005100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Username: Tobiasfunke

Post Number: 2
hi, i have an ipod video, and everytime i put an album cover for a song, it shows a different album cover on my ipod. does anyone know how to fix this? please reply!

Username: Axlrose

Post Number: 1
ive got a 60gb ipod, it was a christmas present.

tonight i was bored so i played the music quiz for about 20 rounds. then i exited out of it, and the machine started going bonkos. i had/have 3000 or so songs stored on it, using around 11gb. what would come up would be a random shuffle of 100 songs, and the songs would skip after a few seconds to a random part of the next song. when i tried playing single albums, the same thing would happen with that album until it got to the end, then the random shuffle thing would happen again.

i plugged it into my computer hoping that would solve the problem of jumping around - turning it off by holding pause didnt.
much to my horror, when i disconnected, the machine had gone blank, with no songs optional.
i plugged it back in, itunes opened up and there was my IPOD and the library on it perfectly intact.

im able to play songs off the ipod via itunes, yet when i disconnect it, im told there is nothing on there.

itunes is telling me there are 2515 songs, using 11.31 gb.
the ipod settings screen is telling me 0 songs/movies, that the machines capacity is 55.6GB and that there is 49.0availible.

ive tried going back to the music quiz, but it is telling me there are no songs stored.

please?

lost on 2pods
Unregistered guest
HELP: I have ipod video and nano, how can i put difrent music on each one.
what should i do?

Username: Jens24

Wisconsin

I have a iPod Photo 60gb. I just loaded linux on it to watch videos. I have everything set and tried to load a video into it. I have 34gb of free space and the file I tried to load is 4.5gb. When trying to load the Windows PC says the disk is full. Can anyone help me??
Thanks!

help please
Unregistered guest
how do i get rid of photos on my ipod?

Tink
Unregistered guest
yo PRIK,
first off y the f*** would u name urself that? do u kno wut thatmeans? probably not. u dont even hav an ipod so y the hell r u adding ur comments. i hav an idea, since u dont hav and ipod, maybe u should get a paper route or something and save up for one. then u'll have a reason to add ur comments.
P.S. u dont tell people there getting dissed if ur the one thats supposedly dissing them.
P.S.S. next time u come round' here im gonna crush u.

Tink
Unregistered guest
yo PRIK,
first off y the f*** would u name urself that? do u kno wut thatmeans? probably not. u dont even hav an ipod so y the hell r u adding ur comments. i hav an idea, since u dont hav and ipod, maybe u should get a paper route or something and save up for one. then u'll have a reason to add ur comments.
P.S. u dont tell people there getting dissed if ur the one thats supposedly dissing them.
P.S.S. next time u come round' here im gonna crush u.

Username: Mikethompson

New York, NY United States

IPOD mini problem
My musicmatch software recognized my IPOD but although it said that 3.7GB had been used, I could see none of my songs. I tried to update the software and now all I have is the flashing APPLE image and the computer is not recognizing my IPOD when I plug it into the USB so I cannot do a restore?...any ideas?

airia
Unregistered guest
i got my ipod 30gb yesterday and have already managed to put a couple videos on it but i haven't figured out how to put my pics on it.my itunes doesnt even give me an option to put pics on my ipod!!!plz help...so confused...sigh!!!

ashley4546
Unregistered guest
I have a 2GB nano and it says its full and i only have 25 songs. and 0 pictures and stuff. Also i dont know how to get my purchased song onto my ipod so i am just copying and pasting the music. is that bad? please help

ashley4546
Unregistered guest
I have a 2GB nano and it says its full and i only have 25 songs. and 0 pictures and stuff. Also i dont know how to get my purchased song onto my ipod so i am just copying and pasting the music. is that bad? please help

sexybabychick
Unregistered guest
Excuse me soory but can anyone help me? I want 2 know how 2 transfer limewire songs to your library. I know how 2 get it 2 limewire to itunes but i neeed help? can someone plz help? ive been waiting for like an hour for a reply!
thanx

sexybabychick
Unregistered guest
Excuse me soory but can anyone help me? I want 2 know how 2 transfer limewire songs to your library. I know how 2 get it 2 limewire to itunes but i neeed help? can someone plz help? ive been waiting for like an hour for a reply!
thanx

sexybabychick
Unregistered guest
thanx

Username: X0bl0ndie0x

hey uhmm i just bought an ipod shuffle like a few months ago, and i can get my limewire songs into my library and stuff in itunes. i dragged them into my ipod in itunes and it says they are in the file but when i listen to my ipod they arent on there?
so can someone tell me just how to put them on or what i did wrong?? kthanks

george12
Unregistered guest
hi sexybabychick, you should search for lates songs using yourmedia player that you have and then try playing it, make sure you use itunes and it should go direct to itunes library . hope this work.

Unregistered guest
itunes just keepes locking up on me and i have to shut down my computer to make it stop anyone know whats wrong thanks!

Unregistered guest
itunes just keepes locking up on me and i have to shut down my computer to make it stop anyone know whats wrong thanks!

Anonymous

K.. I had photos on my ipod but now they disappeard but wen itunes starts up (wen the ipods connected) it does this lil thing and says optimizing photos..but theyve been deleted off and ive tried putting them back on but im either.. 1. not doing it right or 2. its goone crazy!!

Unregistered guest
hi everyone! my ipod nano has 2 cds that it absoloutly refuses to play. i select them and it just skips through them and when its at the end of the cd it takes me back to the menu screen. how can i make it not do this?
plllllz help!

Username: Jens24

Wisconsin

"K.. I had photos on my ipod but now they disappeard but wen itunes starts up (wen the ipods connected) it does this lil thing and says optimizing photos..but theyve been deleted off and ive tried putting them back on but im either.. 1. not doing it right or 2. its goone crazy!!"

When the iPod is plugged into the computer, look at its prefferences and the tab "Photo". It is possible to update, replace the photoes with everything from the computer and thereby erase them on the iPod if they are gone from the computer. You can set it to only import the photoes you say each time. You can only set this when the iPod is connected. Apple only allows these preference changes when the iPod is connected. I wish they would change that! Hope this helps.

Michelle M
Unregistered guest
This question's probably been asked thousands of times BUT..
i have a 3rd generation ipod with the touch screen and whenever i plug it in, the screen says "do not disconnect" and my computer sees that it's there, but itunes doesn't. so basically, i can't get my songs onto my ipod. what do i do?

Nick Vogel
Unregistered guest
I just bought a new ipod g5 30 gig and a tried to put a tv show on. I converted it and put it on my ipod. The video played fine but I had no audio.

Anonymous

i have music on my ipod from another computer.. i now have a new computer with new music and i want to delete all the music i have on it and put my new music on it... my computer isnt letting me do this.. can you help me?

MHZero
Unregistered guest
I am so sorry for this...

My sisters ipod mini(4G) has the sad ipod coming up, but when i hold select and play i get a folder icon then it goes to a ok to dissconect screen but if I plug it into my computer it just freezes (But the ipod does appear in the safely remove hardware list.)

If anyone knows any way that I would be able to get it working again please email me at the_real_0@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I just found out about limewire and I get my songs to my itunes or whatever but could someone please tell me how to get the songs actually on my ipod?

Unregistered guest
I also had a problem with audio. I know you have to convert the movie files into mp4 format, and i've heard that only videos in mpeg format work, but even the vids that i converted with itunes have no audio. if i download a converter, which i know there are tons of, will i still have this problem?

in other words, what is causing the videos to have no audio if formatting is not the problem?

needin help plz...
Unregistered guest
ive got the same problem sabrina has, only my the audio works on my ipod, no video plays, the ipod treats the video file as just another music file but it still comes up in the movies part of my ipods menu. by the way i use videora to convert my videos onto mp4. If someone can email me or add me on msn, that would be helpfull: c4_goes_boom@hotmail.co.uk

skakidd
Unregistered guest
if you want to encode videos to mp4 format i highly recommend getting "river past crazi video for ipod"

www.riverpast.com/en/prod/crazivideo/ipod.php

-registration info (you're all talking about limewire so i assume this is ok, please buy if you like this program)

Email:www@speedown.info
Code:SDCTCCFE85WCTD6WCFDA8SSCC669S5AW5FFWWFCW

it converts pretty much every type of video out there and gives you the selection of changing the video/audio quality to lower the size but still keeps the picture and sound clear ive encoded tons of videos so far and have not had any problem.

to get your videos on your ipod i recommend this
1) plug in your ipod open up itunes
2)right click on your ipod at the side then click on ipod options
3)go to the music tab and check manually manage my ipod.
4)now go to the video tab and uncheck anything thats checked (nothing should be anyway but its good to make sure)your done with this so click ok
next highlight your ipod in the side bar and go up to file and add file to library then find the encoded video and add it.
5)now you have the video on your ipod so eject the ipod (after its done updating)and away you go
6)when watching the video turn off the backlight unless you want to recharge it again in 20 minutes , so stupid.

Username: Rhorn922

I loaded some movies on my ipod. After updating, the movies are gone. They're still in the itunes library, and I can view them in itunes, but they don't appear on the ipod's library. Anyone know how to fix this?

Anonymous

How do I make my Ipod connect with my Itunes because when I connect it with my Itunes nothing happens. What can I do?

Anonymous

i want to know how to get pictures on my ipod nano off of the old limewire

skakidd
Unregistered guest
if you check the manual that came with your ipod it actually describes exactly how to do ecerything everyone asks.

if you really cant find it there open up itunes and in the toolbar click help
then click ipod help
then click open ipod features guide on my computer
or open ipod nano features guide on my computer.

Anonymous

I have the same problem,can download from limewire to itunes but then they won't download to the ipod. Any help,is limewire a rip off?? they have no help just a chat room/bulletin board type thing such as this but I don't have much faith in the people that post answers. Itried their fixes and it still doesn't work. can copy cd's to itunes and they do download to ipod. Please email me if anyone has had similar problems and what you did to get your music from limwire to ituns then to the ipod. thanks jim33714@msn.com

cl@ire
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to get rid of songs off my ipod please

cl@ire
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to get rid of photos off my ipod please

Unregistered guest
well. hi. i hope someone can help!!
my ipod was new b4 christmas and now it refuses to work. *brillo*. i've reset it, but it keeps coming up with the apple logo and then a folder with an exclamation mark next to it. i followed the apple.com instructions, but it still wont work.. HELP!!! :| i am seriously nearly throwing it across the room..

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2703
The hard drive went bad on you, sorry. Throwing it against the wall wouldn't really matter at this point.

hannah
Unregistered guest
my ipod mini wont play the songs i bought, it just skipped over them, and i already tried restarting it. HELP PLEASE!

hannah
Unregistered guest
oh yeah and i still have the warranty on it, so can i send it in if it doesnt work anymore and get a new one?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2704
Definitely. Send it in.

hannah
Unregistered guest
what do i need to do to send it in?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6463
go to apple.com's website. They will give you instructions on how to send it in to an authorized repair center

Unregistered guest
hello . i have a ipod 30gb..and i gave my friend to put music in it she had the mini ipod and she transfered music and it worked and what not.. RECENTLY i tried to add more music in my OTHER friend computer AND she has the ipod nano.. and when she connected the ipod to her computer it messed up my ipod now it wont even turn on the only thing that pops up is a picture showing that i have to connect it to the computer and when i do nothing happen ..PLEASE HELP ME EMAIL ME AT MISZXSPICTACULAR@AOL.COM

Username: Zoeqtpie

I cant get my computer or itunes to recognize it when I plug it in.. Yhe apple logo comes up, followed by the clicking and beeping... also, the battery comes on the screen, about a 1/4 full and its stuck there.. Please help!!

Unregistered guest
hi i need help like everyone else here. i cant get pictures onto my video ipod! when i first pluged in, pictures from another user (i have windows xp) and now i cant seem to get any off or on. please help?
wendy

Unregistered guest
how do you take pics off of an ipod nano? and how many pics is it supposed to hold? sorry im not exactly good with comps or electronics.

Unregistered guest
how do you take pics off of an ipod nano? and how many pics is it supposed to hold? sorry im not exactly good with comps or electronics.

Unregistered guest
i have another question... can you take unwanted songs off? please im me or something:-(

blah blah sam
Unregistered guest
MY 2GB ipod nano, is going through all my songs with out playing them, it shows the song title, then skips to the next song, and so on, never actually playing it? Anyone know why or how to stop this?

steeeen
Unregistered guest
i just got this 30gb video ipod. Ive been using limewire for a long time to get all my songs and watch movies and that stuff, but i cant get the videos onto the ipod. I can get the music with no problem. Ive been saving the file everywhere and loading it onto itunes, but it wont show up in the video library. What am i doing wrong?

smeggy82
Unregistered guest
I need somebody's help! I tried to use the most recent updater on my iPod, and it all seemed to go on ok, but then it came up with the symbol telling me to plug it into the mains. When I did that, nothing happened!! I know it's not the charger because it works fine with my other iPod. Now it won't do anything! I've tried resetting it but it just keeps telling me to plug it into the mains. Somebody help!

Aideen
Unregistered guest
AAAHH I seriously need help.. I've a 20gb ipod for 9 months and when I went to play a song it kept skipping to different songs but not playing anything and then it froze so i reset it and now theres a picture of a file and an exclamation mark coming up now when i try to turn it on. It wont turn on at all, I tried to charge it and nothing happened, and then i plugged it into iTunes and it keeps saying that Im disconnecting it but im not. I havent dropped it or anything. HELP

poohbear
Unregistered guest
How do i put dvds on my 30Gb ipod video. I had it for about 1 month. Im tired of listening to just songs. i want to watch videos!!!!!!!!!

PLZZZZ HELP!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Okay, I have an iPod of my own and I just hooked my friends iPod up to my computer tonight and so I went to go listen to the songs on my friends iPod and they were gone..and they aren't on my computer. So how do I get them back on it? I NEED ANSWERS BY TONIGHT!!!!! e-mail me:
tara_franco10@hotmail.com

gio2727
Unregistered guest
I have the 60gb. ipod video and when I set up all the music, I put all the songs with a genre and some songs with album names also. But now when I go into genre and I select all, only the songs from One album that's in my genre shows up instead of all the other ones that dont have an album name. Can anyone help?

Username: Naughtygirl3000

How can you take a iPod nano off 'Disk Mode'? I've tried evrything I can think off but nothing's working!! please help!!

Username: Lcs_633

HI

I HAVE RECENTLEY BOUGHT A IPOD FROM A FRIEND(WHICH HE STOLE) AND HE GAVE ME IT WITH A USB CABLE TO DOWNLOAD SONGS BUT NOTHING HAPPENDS CAN ANTONE HELP

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2732
Uh......

Gold Member

Post Number: 6839
You bought stolen property?

You and your friend are scumbags. Go somewhere else for help.

Username: Dodgeywithipods

Hi. I've had an iPod Mini for about a year now. I used to have iTunes downloaded on my dad's laptop but then the laptop got a virus and itunes had to be deleted. Since then, I have lost my iPod disc but my sister has iTunes on her computer which came with her iShuffle. When i plug my iPod into her computer though, nothing happens. Any ideas how to update my iPod?

Username: Parisboy

I was taking my dog to the bathroom in paris,france and i wanted to see the time and i rememberd that i had my ipod in my pocet and i wated for it to turn on and it had a ipod with a upset face on the screen of the ipod and a triangle with an exlamation mark in it and it made a weird noise,and it was an ipod mini

Gold Member

Post Number: 6922
Nice story!

Now it is, time to buy a new iPod. You cannot make an upset faced iPod happy again unless it has been professionally repaired. It does not like sharing bathroom space with a dog, specially in France.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6923
But seriously, you really need to have it repaired by Apple.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 113
hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 114
ipod shareing bathroom space

Username: Luckycourtz11

ok so ive been having problems with my ipod alot lately. at first the computer i was using wouldnt update anymore songs onto my ipod and i needed a fast resolution so i downloaded all the music onto a different computer and was using that one for my ipod for about 2 months now its doing the same thing as the first computer so now i decided to get all my music onto my brand new computer and i did but now when i try to update all of the songs it gets to about 60 updated and says "[the ipod "courtney's ipod" cant be updated. the disc could not be read or written.] and i end up with zero songs on my ipod. what do i do fix this?? im leaving out of town in a few days and i really dont want to be musicless!!!!!!!

Username: Akarihime15

hey all
ok heres the deal: my i-pod froze. i followed the instructions to hold down the menu button and one of the select buttons, didnt work, i also tried switching the hold button on and off, still didnt work.i also plugged it into a adapter, nothing. so what i need is more suggestions. HELP!!!!

Username: Amricneagle27

hey all
i have a 4gb ipod nano and when i go to a playlist to play it, it starts to play it but only for half a second its kind of like its skipping through all the songs or something...any ideas on how i can fix it or get help fixing it? msg bak

natalie

Username: Kaileighdud

Newport Wales, UK

well ive had my ipod since christmas and its been fine up till now...HELP! well some artist's on my artist playlist don't show up even though they are on my itunes libary and they are in the the album playlists too! Ive tried deleting the songs and reloading them and it still doesn't work any suggestions please...?

Username: Metalicmermaid

Can someone help me? I am trying to upload a cd onto my itunes (one that i have uploaded before but i had to wipe itunes) and it keeps coming up with this message.. "An error occurred while trying to import the file [song name] The current encoder settings for bit rate and sample rate are not valid for this file." I have tried several different cds but keep getting this message. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

Username: Magno

I have a 4GB mini, these are like $200+ now that they are not sold. I wonder if I can take it to the Apple Store and trade it in for a nano. IS that possible? Or should I just sell it on Amazon then take that money towards the nano. Becasue my mini only cost me $100, I'd be making a profit.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2752

quote:

I have a 4GB mini, these are like $200+ now that they are not sold. I wonder if I can take it to the Apple Store and trade it in for a nano. IS that possible? Or should I just sell it on Amazon then take that money towards the nano. Becasue my mini only cost me $100, I'd be making a profit.

No, they certainly will not exchange it for a Nano, but it would be best to sell it and have the money go towards one. I can't advise the best place to sell it, but it seems that you have the right idea.

You don't even think it is worth a try? I called but I had to talk to like a tech suport, I might go down to the apple store (5 minute walk) and see. I looked in the apple website and I saw they still sell ipod minins for $150 - $180. Mine is practically new with the things in it.

Post Number: 3
from what i see at Amazon, they are sold for $200 up even to $300!!! And the possibilities of it being sold on Amazon are slim to none

Username: Pimpjuice

Question?
I just got my iPod Video 30gb i am really happy with it accept for one little problem.
I can download songs from iTunes easily. the first time i downloaded a video onto my iPod it worked, but i was trying to download a musicvideo onto it but my internet connection was lost, and it told me to try the check for purchases command. I tryed it but after about 2 minitues of trying to download the music video, a little screen came up and it said that an unknown error had ocurred and i have to try the check for purchases command and try again later. so I Have tried it about 20 times already and it still says the same thing.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHATS WRONG, PLEASE HELP!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2756
Was it a streaming video or do you have it saved to your computer?

It was a music Video that I am trying to download from iTunes.

Question#2

Okay So I Have a New 30gb iPod and My Friend Has and Ipod shuffle. One day he came to my house and wondered if their was any way that he could download some of my songs that i have on my library to his iPod?
So if you know a way to do this please tell Me!!!
P.S. Please help me Figure out the first question that I posted Yesterday.. Thanxxxx
JT

Username: Ralph22951

My IPod Freeze up so I restarted it and now it shows the apple icon then turns off and clicks then turns back on and then back off and so on how do i fix my my pod? I have drained the battery and plugged it back in and still the same old thing help

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2758
James Tyler:

I am fairly sure you have to have the video saved to your computer before you can put it on your iPod.

As for question two, this is the procedure you'll have to use:
-first you must idtag ALL your music in ipod correctly make sure because it's going to matter
-enable the use as hard disc feature of your ipod
-go to "my computer" and click on your ipod
-now open the folder that reads "controls" and then open the folder "music"
-you now see a lot of folders named 'FY2' or something like that in these folders you will see about a dozen of audio/visual files
-these files have names like "R4T" etc
-create a folder in which you arrange everything on a detailed list, more specifically "artist" "album" "name" etc
-copy these music files from your ipod into this folder
-the name of the files in this folder are still strange but if you idtagged it right you should see the names, artist , albumtitles etc. appearing next to the "weird name"
-after you change the names to your liking you can "add the files" to your iTunes library

Good luck, it's a long and tiring process and probably not worth it.

quote:

My IPod Freeze up so I restarted it and now it shows the apple icon then turns off and clicks then turns back on and then back off and so on how do i fix my my pod? I have drained the battery and plugged it back in and still the same old thing help

Bad hard drive.

Post Number: 4
Jexx:
What do you mean that it is already saved on my computer.

See all I Know is that I went to the iTunes Music Store purchaed the Music Video and i still dont have it on my iTunes library. I have just purchased it that's all i Know, so it's just know that i am really frustrated that it's costing me money for nothing.
JT

Post Number: 5
Jexx:
Thanx for the information about question #2 you are a really good help. So I guess that it will take a lot of time to do it, so why waste my time he's got his own computer. LOL
Thankx Jexx,
JT

Username: Kaileighdud

Newport Wales, UK

Hey Guys! Come On HELP me pleaseee! :]

well ive had my ipod since christmas and its been fine up till now...HELP! well some artist's on my artist playlist don't show up even though they are on my itunes libary and they are in the the album playlists too! Ive tried deleting the songs and reloading them and it still doesn't work any suggestions please...?

Username: Jdrintnt

Port of SpainTrinidad & T...

HELP!!! PLEASE!! I recently bought my wife an iPod Video, and she gave her iPod Nano to our son. I was attempting to get it up and running on his PC under Windows ME and installed the Trial version of Anapod Explorer. Before disconnecting it, I used the right-click and selected EJECT. However, after we disconnected the iPod was still flashing the "Do Not Disconnect" message. So, I attempted to RESET it using the "SELECT"-"MENU" combination... but now I have the Apple Logo on the screen, and the backlight flashing... and I can't get anywhere. I tried waiting for the battery to run down completely... then I plugged it back in and the Battery Icon came up to show me it was charging... then it went back to the Flashing Apple Logo... I can do a Reload because when I hook it back up to the computer, neither my Windows XP laptop, or my son's Windows ME desktop see it as being attached. Can anyone tell me how to get it "unstuck" ???

Post Number: 6
David Richardson

I read your story, and that exact problem you had happened to my iPod Video. I took it to a radio shack and they told if I had bought the insurance for the iPod. I told them yes and showed them the insurance card. They told me that i need to take it to the radioshack that i Bought it at and tell them the problem.
When I took it there and told them my problem. They gave me a completely New iPod Video.

If you do follow the instructions i Hope you get the same results. Peace Out
JT

Username: Jdrintnt

Port of SpainTrinidad & T...

James,

Thanks, but I don't think that will work for me. We purchased it about 6 months ago from Amazon.Com. Furthermore, we live in a foreign country. I doubt I'll get an exchange out of them. I'm really hoping someone will be able to tell me how restore my iPod Nano to working order.

But its nice to know that I'm not the only one to experience this...

Thanks

David

Post Number: 7
Question?
I just got my iPod Video 30gb i am really happy with it accept for one little problem.
I can download songs from iTunes easily. the first time i downloaded a video onto my iPod it worked, but i was trying to download a musicvideo onto it but my internet connection was lost, and it told me to try the check for purchases command. I tryed it but after about 2 minitues of trying to download the music video, a little screen came up and it said that an unknown error had ocurred and i have to try the check for purchases command and try again later. so I Have tried it about 20 times already and it still says the same thing.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHATS WRONG, PLEASE HELP!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2771
You might need to call iTunes support to rectify that problem. Any number of errors could have occured for that to happen.

Post Number: 8
JEXX

THANX FOR ALL THE HELP

PEACE OUT,
JT

Username: Mkf

Louisiana Us

IS THERE ANY WHERE ELSE I CAN GET MUSIC VIDEOS BESIDES ITUNES

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2778
A quick Google search for "music video downloads" should give you some good websites.

Username: Wkeeling

Shropshire, England England

hi, lol
anyone now a website where you can download music videos? 4 free!!! lol
pls help me
all that room
and no videos
pls

any one know how 2 reset the ipod video???
lol

any 1 there i need help on how 2 reset my ipod video???????
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Coco_davis

Post Number: 22
Hey, umm,

My brother wanted my songs on his ipod too, and at first it worked, i hooked it up once, and it was fine, cause he's at college, BUT, he came back, and i added more songs, and i hooked up his, then mine, and when it said it was done, i unhooked it, and tried to listen, and it had no songs on it. I tried hooking it up again, and it said something about, it doesn't recognize it, and i needed to update the software on it. Umm, i guess, how do i do that?

Louisiana Us

Hey, on itunes music store at the very bottom of the home page it will
say : Free downloads. they will some times have music videos and always
have free songs but it might not be new songs and they don't pick another
song for about a week so good luck and if u find some where else

Username: Wendy_

i have 3 DVDs i would like to put onto my video ipod. iv donloaded many things to try to do so, but it all says it has to be and IFO file and i dont know how to do that. why cant i just put it diretly to my ipod? can any of you help me with this?

Username: Noah1017

my ipod wont play songs it just keeps skipping to the next one
i recently used a different computer for some new songs
CAN ANYONE HELP?

Username: Ofad10

Hi, How can I upload song to my Ipod without losing the ones that I already have on the ipod?

hello anyone who reads this message and has an ipod video pls answer this question!!
How do you reset the ipod????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
reset is ussually play and the up button, but it should be on the itunes help website... of course, i don't have one, but it ussually is...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
wait, no, i'm wrong, its menu and the select button

Username: V70lord

Please Help...
i have a 20g ipod. kind of old.. anyways, i plugged in when it asked me to for the setup. then some error occured with my computer and it cancelled the program. disconnecting the ipod, when it said to not disconnect. (i dont have the wall adapter thing.)
Now it has a picture of a wall outlet with the adapter on the side and an arrow pointing the adapter to the outlet.
I tried restarting it, and restarted the computer.but it still has the picture on the screen when ever i even touch the ipod, Please Help.

Username: Apple14

Loading Problems:

I just bought a new 30 g Video Ipod, since my 4 g nano was stepped on. After i add about 20 songs onto my ipod, something that says "Attempting to copy to this disk failed. An unknown error occurred (-69). If i delete that song, then the twenty-ish after it will load, before another defective song causes this error. anyone know what to do???

Post Number: 9
Is it a Burned Disk or a Regular CD?
ANNIE D.

Post Number: 10
Question-

I just tryed the free rhapsody on tv, and i was wondering how do you buy songs from rhapsody, is it like itunes do you buy a card-or am i trippin?
Does anybody know whats up?

JT

Username: Sheepello

ight heres a tricky one

my ipod started to update its software, and a progress bar came on screen, this completed.
then a picture showing my mains plug adapter came up.
so i plugged it into my mains and another progress bar came up.
then this bar froze half way for 10 mins so i reset my ipod.
now its dead. wont reset wont charge wont be recognized by my pc it just clicks when i plug it to my usb.
its the 20gb 4th gen with the clickwheel.
any ideas what it could be cz i need it for my car!!!! lol

cheers jay

Username: Soccerrocker

hey my mom and i have two different ipods she has a video and i have an ipod mini...here's the problem she doesnt want my songs on her ipod... vice versa....we do have separate accounts but i dont know how to make my library not show up on her screen...can anyone help me?

Username: Soccerrocker

this is really important pleeeeeeeassseeee help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
umm, there should be little boxes next to each song on the main library screen, you can try to click the ones you want when yours is about to be hooked up and vice versa, or you can do what my brother and i do, and make different play lists with her songs and your songs on it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
uhh, jason,

do you have a wall charger? or car adapter or something? what you may need to do is try to fully charge your ipod with something besides the computer, like a wall charger, car charger, dock, etc. if not, you may need to update itunes (itunes.com then try to re-download it -should be free)

~CD~

Username: Sheepello

Post Number: 5
yea i do, i have left my ipod in the wall adapter for days and nothing, just clicking when i plug it into my pc. i have tried to update itunes and i cant reinstall it because my pc doesnt recognize my ipod is connected to my pc.

i think its mega buggered! :-(

jay

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2871
Jason, the hard drive went bad, the clicking sound signifies it. I have the exact iPod with the exact problem. You can check ebay for a replacement hard drive or even sell it there. You'll get around 30-70$ as it is.

Username: Formfunction

Help Please,

I just recived a Ipod video(4th gen) 30gig from a freind, he has used it once or twice, he was using a mac,
I have windows and I am trying to send music via I tunes to the ipod, its telling me that the Ipod needs to be re formatted to be used on my pc, I have done the update and also re installed i-tunes and the ipod set up, also while in itunes I dont even see the ipod in the source area.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Please help

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2898
Think of it this way: Does a PS2 CD play in the XBOX? No, they're completely different formats. The same applies to Mac and Windows.

Fortunately, you can reformat the iPod so it will work with Windows OS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Hey, umm,

My brother wanted my songs on his ipod too, and at first it worked, i hooked it up once, and it was fine, cause he's at college, BUT, he came back, and i added more songs, and i hooked up his, then mine, and when it said it was done, i unhooked it, and tried to listen, and it had no songs on it. I tried hooking it up again, and it said something about, it doesn't recognize it, and i needed to restore it to factory settings... Umm, i guess, how do i do that? I tried restoring it all together, and it doesn't seem to do any good, please help someone!!!

~CD~

Username: Crosbyfanatic69

hey I have a 1GB iPod Nano and well i had like 140 songs on it and well i found a song i wanted to put on it so i did and it took like 142MG? so I cleared the whole thing and i re-installed my iTunes and i made sure i had absolutely nothing on my iPod BUT it still says that im using 756MB?..
Anything would be nice pleasee!

Username: Drummergirl

Hey, when I put the USB in my comp then my ipod nano, itunes always automatically shows up...but today it didn't. My comp said it didn't recognize the USB. I didn't do anyhting different than any other day, is there something wrong with the USB plug? my ipod? my computer? me? lol this never happened before.

Username: Nigellarouge

Hi, i left my ipod nano in my bag, and a whole lot of buttons got pressed. Now there is a permanent fast forward symbol in the top left corner where it should have the play or pause symbols. Resetting all settings hasnt helped!! Does anyone know what i should do?

Louisiana Us

hey people, um i have a question, i recently got limewire and i know how to get songs in my ipod useing it,but i can't get videos on it i press launch but the windows media player (wmp) pops up so i deleted wmp and it still pops up. so how do i get it on my ipod or on itunes????

please help me you can e-mail me at happyismel@yahoo.com

thanx

Username: Jennifer2121

OMG
So i had like 5000 songs on my ipod and then i hooked it in to my friend computer so that i could get a song off her library and the POOF everything was gone!!!!!! All that time wasted, putting all my music together. plz help. plz.

PLZ help i need to get all my music back, everything is gone! Not a trace of my music. help me get it back. there has to be a way.

COME ON PLEASE HELP!
I'M BEGGING!

if you can help send help to:
simplysimi521@yahoo.com

thank you!

Username: Lana

AHHH!! My ipod fell in the bath tub yesterday because I stupidly tried to listen to it. I quickly took it out and blew through the ipod headphones hole and the usb hole to get the water out. And then I took it apart and unplugged and plugged in the battery. Now it turns on showing the dim apple icon then shows the "sad" ipod icon and then turns off. It does this everytime. HELP!! Is there anything I can do!! Please respond!!

Lana
i think the best you can do is just send it in...otherwise it might get worse.

Username: Uncle_bobs_son

i have an ipod 5th gen. 30g. when i put videos on itunes and plug in my ipod it says that they cannot be put on the ipod because they werent in the right format. so i converted them so they are in the right format.It made two copies of the movie and the one that was converted for the ipod doesnt have sound on itunes or the ipod. ive had the ipod since about april 10th and it has been doing this ever since.id like to fix this problem without spending any money if possible. email me at ducttaperocks111@yahoo.com with any answers to this problem. thanks

Username: Lucl

Hi, I have a mini ipod. I have problem with my itunes. The music on my itunes is gone. I looked for help from apple.com and they said that the music is not totally gone. That its in the computor somewhere, but i checked. i searched for all of my music by title and by artist, but i found nothing. Whenever i connect my ipod to itunes, it tells me that my opid is logged in to someone alses account, and if i should load the music. I have all of the music in my ipod. But becasue of this problem, i cant download any new songs.

What can I do?

Username: Jakespade

I have an ipod mini. It fell yesterday and only displays the apple logo and the sick ipod icon. It wont recognize the fire wire connection and when I connect it to my usb 1.0 it displays the quarter battery icon. My cpu doesnt recognize that its connected and it wont let me enter the diagnostic mode.

help please

Username: Icp_fan_1

i have a big problem i tried to put songs from my media player on my ipod the songs wasnt there when i was done and now i cant charge the ipod at all ??? any ideas

Username: Icp_fan_1

verson 2.3 15gp

Gold Member

Post Number: 8136
lj,
The sick iPod icon is an indication of a failed drive. You have to send it in for repair.

Username: Pimpinleaf10

okay, i'm pissed off... i have a 30 gb video ipod and i can't download any movies to it, i have 150 some songs... why can't i download a movie? it's really pissing me off

Username: Taylah_jayne13

hey
i had my ipod mini conectted to my computer the other night and installing songs off limewire.
then when i disconnected it, when i played the songs on shuffle it would go to the first song but then it would just stright away skip to the about 5th song.
HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Username: Kj_uni_chick

ChelmsfordEssex

hi ipod lovers ha ha im definetely not loving it at mo f ing thg! im new to all this so hopefully someone can help. Ive installed the itunes and downloades some songs but no where is there a button or anything to put it on to my ipod vidoe anybody? help please at mo wud get more pleasure launching it out the window kj

Username: Lilqtj540

i have a ipod 20gb regular and when i was listening to music it was just skiping and everything. I tried everything, like i tried to turn it off,didnt work, charge it,nothing happened,tried to put songs on, didnt work, and anything i cant do. it is completely frozen!! its been like this 1 day and please reply bak really soon!!

Username: Jessiee_baby_x3

LoganNJ

hey. i can't get my ipod off of disc mode. can anyone help me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8813
go here

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/index.html

Username: Vail

help!!! it have had an ipod video for about 3 days now and i have spent the entire time trying to figure out how to put videos on it. i have movies in my library but when i try and put them onto the ipod it tells me that it cannot play them. in the options under video it says that "do not update videos" and i cannot change this setting. please help me if you can!!!

Username: Elegantangel2006

Las vegas, Nevada

hi there...well my ipod wont let me add any more songs..obviously i have too many on it...but when i tried deleting some songs to put the new ones on it wouldn't let me..pleasssssssse help! thanks a bunch!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9150
Open iTunes but DO NOT connect your iPod.
Go through the list of songs in your library and look to the left.

Notice the checkmarks next to the songs?
Uncheck those songs that you don't want on your iPod and leave check marks that you want to keep on the iPod.

Once that is done, connect your iPod and wait until it updates. Do not use delete or you may accidentally remove the song permanently out of your library.

Username: Extreme303

hello i need help:-)
i cant figure out how to put my family guy dvd's into my itunes library...plz helpppp

Username: Jurassicpark13

Hi, I have a video IPOD 30GB and when I hook it up to my computer, nothing happens. It doesn't show up on my iTunes...no where. Please help
thankyou

Username: Sockmonkeygirl

Okay so I just bought a new PC, my old one crashed with all my music pre-loaded. I have a question if i install Itunes on my new PC, and try to add music to my Ipod Video will all my music be deleted or can I just manually add without deleted the previous loaded music. I hope this makes sense.

Username: Kfitz10

ok i have my ipod and my itunes all set up. in my library in my itunes i have all my songs. i updated them before onto my ipod and everything was fine. but last time i went to charge my ipod, (my itunes automatically update my ipod when i plug it in) it deleted all my songs off my ipod. and yes, they are all still checked. and i clicked on my username, and no songs show up under it. how do i fix this?

Username: Lawsonb

i have an ipod video and i brought it to college, and i have a new computer. i am trying to transfer my itunes library onto my new computer. i know longer have access to my old computer because its 600 miles away. does anyone know how to do this?

Username: Rubyredapples

I'm wondering if it's ok to disconnect to ipod from the computer even when itunes dosen't say it is...you see, i have a nano that i update..and after it's done updating it says "Update is complete, It's OK to Disconnect". Now, I also have a ipod video that i connect...but when it's done updating it says "update is complete", it never tells me it's OK to disconnect...and the message "DO NOT Disconnect" stays on my ipod screen. I disconnect anyways.. Is this bad for my ipod and/or computer?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10504
Use the ejcet function on the iTunes to disconnect your iPod. Continually doing so may cause some problems later on.

Username: Komodo21

Hi, I've got the second generatin iPod, the one with the touch wheel. Whenever I press any buttons on it, the apple logo appears on the screen, and then a strange icon appears after that. The icon is the end of the cable that goes into the bottom of the iPod with an arrow. I've tried everything and nothing works. After this strange icon appears, the screen goes blank. Does anyone know what is going on and what I have to do to make my iPod work?

Thank you.

Username: Sfupa12

Humble , Tx United States

I am having a problem with my ipod. When I am done with a podcasts I usually delete it of my ipod. The problem i am having is the deleted podcasts are still on my ipod even when I deleted them. The deleted podcasts show in my artist's song list in the music section of my ipod and I would like to delete them. Can some help me?

Username: Roderickdockery37

i'm having a problem with my new 30g ipod how do you sync music from "shared" owner limewire to the ipod can anyone help i'm lost i need detailed instructions i've tried but i've gotten so frustrated please help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13971
Open iTunes.

Open the shared folder.

Drag the music files from the shared folder in to iTunes.

Username: Dev_sher

hi all,
i bought this new ipod 30gb video few days back, it was workin fine for a few days but now it started pausing on hittin any buttons on control wheel, i restored the factory setting twice and reset it couple of times, even ran a self diagonstic test (which didnt detect any problem),
i tried using the standard head fones and others as well but nothing has helped.
can anyone help me

Username: Dev_sher

and to add further it would play normally if i lock the control wheel while it is playin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us