RCA/LYRA RD2840 T/O Error + Reformating Problems

Username: Pnkfloid49

Post Number: 2
Hey, im having some trouble with my RD2840. For the past week its been extremely slow, it time outs whenever im trying to delete, add, and profile. The drive shows up in my computer and mp3s play, but when trying to upgrade firmware it cannot seem to find the device, same with when trying to Update system files. My plan was to reformat but its refusing to even do that. I press format, okay and it does nothing. What do I do?

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 15
Make sure your operating system has all the updates it needs, and the same goes for your LYRA RD2840. Try reinstalling the LYRA RD2840 firmware.

Username: Pwhittle

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 2
My RCA TV is old- mid 80's model. Do you know how to make it "Cable Ready" ? I am sure there is some kind of RCA-to-Coax adapter out there somewhere.

Unregistered guest
I am having a few problems with my lyra mp3 player. It does not allow me to delete songs. I have 60 songs and I went to add more it said it was full. I am not sure why. I have read the manual and attempted to follow the directions to delete songs and it is unsuccessful. Also a P1 shows up on some of the songs so I am guessing to add new songs they would have to go on P2 but how? Manual is not clear. Help........

Unregistered guest
My RD1021A will not display the songs playing now that I have updated it to firmware version 1.607. This is only on the memory chip...the display on the basic unit works fine. I have reformatted the chip many times and recopied the song files onto the chip thereafter but alas I get garbled and even incorrect song displays. It was reformatted with fat32. I, of course, get no help from RCA support...does anyone have any ideas on what I might try next. Thank you. Brock13@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I had problems with my RD2840 not being recognized by my PC. It is giving me a message that says: Bad or missing lyra-sys folder. Update Lyra system HD...what do I do? Is there a re-boot disk or a place to put my operating system back in place?

Unregistered guest
where do i find the complete user's manual for the lyra 2780? if o now, pos the answer, or email me ay lsoccergurl21@aol.com. thanx

Unregistered guest
i tried to take a shortcut in cleaning up my rd2840 lyraa jukebox mp3 player by using a formatting program that runs in dos mode. it said that it would take a million hours or something so i aborted. well that just currupted everything. when i try to use it the computers says it needs to be formatted, but when i try using the built in windows formatter it says that it cant be done. is there a better formatting program i should use? any help would be vastly appreciated. thanck you

Anonymous

I own a Rca Lyra MODEL RD1021 AND for some reason it sounds really crapy like there music but no bass or people singing and if you can here them uits veyy very faint and this has happen real recent one sec im listen to clear crisp music next im linsten to a old record player HELP PLZ

Anonymous

I own a Rca Lyra MODEL RD1021 AND for some reason it sounds really crapy like there music but no bass or people singing and if you can here them uits veyy very faint and this has happen real recent one sec im listen to clear crisp music next im linsten to a old record player HELP PLZ
Email me back at Joshuapowless@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
How can I open my Lyra Jukebox RD2840A case to replace the Battery? I took out the screws but it seems that there's a trick to open it.
Thanks

marcovizgo@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I purchased a Refurb Rca Lyra 2780, It worked for a while but now i am getting an error saying" Transfer in progress, Do not remove usb cable"

Does any one know what the problem is, I remove the hard drive and power up the system and i am still getting the same result.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be, This is the third unit that i am experiencing this promlem with, could be a component failure.

Unregistered guest
I purchased a Refurb Rca Lyra 2780, It worked for a while but now i am getting an error saying" Transfer in progress, Do not remove usb cable"

Does any one know what the problem is, I remove the hard drive and power up the system and i am still getting the same result.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be, This is the third unit that i am experiencing this promlem with, could be a component failure.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get a operating manual for a RD2780A. I have just bought one second hand and its missing.

thank you

Unregistered guest
My RD2840 was working fine, but now i feel it running but it wont show me the blue screen. I dont no what happened to it but i am leaving on vacation and i cant turn it on, and if it is on i cant see my songs. The computer wont recongize it and neither does the normal power adapter. Does any one no how i could fix my problem? I really need the help..

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where i can find a user manual for a Lyra RD1072A mp3 player?

Unregistered guest
Hey sorry if this is repeated or whatever, i have a rca lyra RD1021, i picked it up for 20 and i am starting to regret it......
i updated the firmware yesterday.. now i cant have a programmable list (i cycle thru all the playable modes and the P doesnt show up..)
second in the features on the new firmware it said that it doesnt play in alphabetical order anymore, but when ever i try to arrange the songs it comes out different. thanks in advance

Unregistered guest
Hey how do I open my RCA RD2825. In removed the two screws at the bottom.

Email me at werewolfversion2@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I have owned a RD2840A for going on 2 years. The other day either the battery went dead or it got dropped and it wont work or recharge with the adapter hooked up. I have too much saved on it to get another player. What else is there to do?

BOB DOLE
Unregistered guest
Hi I have a RD2840 and it has worked fine until i went to the profiler and then it froze so i let the battery die and when i turned it on again it said to profile it but each time it freezes so now it wont play music and my computer doesent recognize it and i cant delete everything off of it I cant even put anything on it i dont really know how to use it either. Is there a program i need to fix this? and how can i delete songs, and put new ones on.

Anonymous

I have a RD2840 RCA MP3 player since two years ago so I invested a lot of time saving thousand of mp3 files (around 6,000) and a couple of months ago I had the problem that somehow I was able to corrupt the data in hard drive, so I thought I lost everything (songs and mp3 player). I found out in ebay a guy that fixes Mp3 players along other electronics, and he was able to recover my files and have fixed my RD2840. You may contact him for the problems your are experiencing.

Ebay username = great_items_2004
link= http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZgreatQ5fitemsQ5f2004

Good luck.

freq707
Unregistered guest
everyone seems to b having troubles with their 2780...well i bought mine refurbisged about 2 months ago, and it works fine.After searching the net for...quite some time, I've found various sights explaining different features of it, such as showing album art. If anyone has problems, or wants to know how to work a certain feature, feel free to post them and i will try my best to help...
The most common problems are that where the Lyra turns on in USB safe mode and stays that way.The Other it turns on and gets stuck at the loading screen with only 2 dots filling the bar...

Unregistered guest
i bought my lyra refurbished.everything worked great until i plugged it into my modded xbox. hoping that it would work the same as an ipod.you can plug an ipod into my xbox and it works. but now my lyra always says "transfer in progress." i can still use it as an external hard drive. but when i unplug the usb it still reads out "transfer in progress." also it wont turn off until the battery runs out.can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
when i plug in my usb cord it freezes my computer what can i do i have a rd1021 please let me know

Shrenik
Unregistered guest
Hi All ...I had purchased my Lyra RD2840 around 1 yr back.But recently i connected it to my Car Audio System...It doesnt give that clear Bass sound when i hear it in my car system.I mean i can't get to hear the beats that i am able to hear in my CD system(also in my car). What could be the reason.No Bass.Its like dead sound...No Peppy beats.Too much treble.i have even tried to use the DSP equilaizer but that didnt help.Please help me..Email me with ur suggestion at niik81@gmail.com THANKS

MORON50
Unregistered guest
Ok, Maybe I'm just an idiot but I can not get music on to my RCA MP3 model # RD1072A. I've read both manuals and I still can't get it to work. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Tech_Dude
Unregistered guest
I got a lyra RD2840, it also seems to be dead, but it works without the hard drive, saying the files are not found. with the hard drive it won't turn on, cause i think it is not getting enough power.
My original adapter is broken, and i need to get a new one

Can someone please take a look at their lyra rd2840 power adapter and tell me the current rating on it (it will say mA beside a number), i know it's 5.5V but i need the mA

asdfqwerty
Unregistered guest
I don't see "mA" on my adapter. I do see:

OUTPUT: 5.5V --- 1.8A 9.9W

I assume 1.8 is the number you're looking for. Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA LYRA RD1072A. I get a message that there is a I/O error.
How can I correct this?

liz in need of help
Unregistered guest
my RD1072A wont work it just says RCA When it should play songs

ALcotoGO
Unregistered guest
I own a RD2840 and it totally bit the dust, error message displays on the blue screen then shuts off. Tryed to reset it like stated but no result. Windows does not recognize device so how am I suppose to update? ANY Ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us