Durabrand 1700 Portable DVD Player Questions

Unregistered guest
I have purchased a Durabrand 1700 portable dvd player for my children for Christmas. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it play through the car stereo system. And also is it compatible with wireless headphones and more than one set at a time?
Thanks in advance for any and all responses

Username: Crzymi

Post Number: 1
Yes. You can go to any Wal Mart and buy an FM Modulator. They have them where you can plug it into your car cig. outlet, or run on battery. I have the same DVD player. Not very good sound quality out of unit by itself. Don't know about the wireless headphones.

I myself am working on finding the user manual for it this moment. was looking for an on line manual, no luck yet though. I am getting the sound when playing, but no picture at all. If anyone could help it would be great.

Anonymous

Hi. Just got a (DUR-1700) Durabrand 1700 for x-mas. Would not mind scanning and sending via email the user manual if you want. Let me know.

Unregistered guest
I just bought the Durabrand 1700, and the unit works fine by itself. However, when I try to play it through my TV (new Sony) using the A/V cords provided, the audio comes through fine, but the video on the TV is a constant black and white horizontal roll. The Troubleshooting section says something about changing the TV type, but gives no details. Help, anyone ?

Unregistered guest
anyone know if you can run an extra video screen off this unit and still see the display on the unit too?

willy man
Unregistered guest
Does the Durabrand 1700 play DVD+R or DVD-R dvd's? or does the player only play original DVD's?

Username: Jerryjr

Louisville, Ky.

just bought my daughter a 1700 for x mas. she asked me if i could hook it up to play through her computer. and I said very good question. does anyone know. please advise

Username: Celestegodwin

Fuquay Varina, NC United States

I bought a DUR 1700 dvd for XMASand the user guide was not included. Can anyone help me?

Unregistered guest
i got the sts98 dvd home theatre system for cristmas. Its made by durabrand. i need to now if there is a am fm raidio in it.and if there is one how to turn it on.

IvanPK
Unregistered guest
Hey I am looking at getting the Durabrand 1700 Portable DVD Player. Is it worth it, or should I get a different one?

IvanPK
Unregistered guest
Also, can you connect your video-game system to it? Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

My son bought the Durabrand 1700 Portable DVD Player with his Christmas money and can't play it because the little push button that is located on the right hand corner between the silver controls is stuck and won't come up. Has this happened to anyone? What's your suggestion.

dvjv93
Unregistered guest
I BOUGHT A DURA BRAND-1700 LAST AUGUST, THE SCREEN STOP WORKING. WHEN I PLAY A DVD, YOU CAN HEAR THE MOVIE, BUT YOU CANT SEE ANYTHING. THE SCREEN STAYS BLACK. DOES ANY ONE KNOW, WHAT IT MIGHT BE?

unsatisfied
Unregistered guest
It seems as though most people who bought this model are having problems. I think it is cheap piece of junk personally. Customer service is of no help. Good luck getting a user's guide, I've been trying to get one since I bought it.

Unregistered guest
I bought a durabrand 1700 for Christmas and it works fine with external speakers for crowd playing but for individual playing the headphones are fine. I am having trouble charging the battery. It will not take a charge. otherwise I am satisfied with my purchase.

Unregistered guest
PatKav says: I just bought the Durabrand 1700, and the unit works fine by itself. However, when I try to play it through my TV (new Sony) using the A/V cords provided, the audio comes through fine, but the video on the TV is a constant black and white horizontal roll. The Troubleshooting section says something about changing the TV
type, but gives no details. Help, anyone ?

I was able to change the TV type by going to Setup- General Setup - TV Dislay...but it still did the same thing........I hooked it up to three different TV's does anyone know how to fix this problem??? besides the way the manual tells you to do it?

Unregistered guest
These are supposed to be the helplines for this product..Good Luck everyone

Durabrand Products:
(888) 766-4442

http://www.18002526123.com/

JEbel713
Unregistered guest
Our Durabrand 1700 also went to a blank screen today - sound but no picture. I don't have the manual. Any suggestions?

JEbel713
Unregistered guest
I was thinking maybe the "monitor" button was hit by mistake and that's why we have a blank screen - can someone check the manual and see if it lists anything under "troubleshooting?" I checked the website listed above but it doesn't list the Durabrand 1700. HELP! We are supposed to take a 16 hour car trip on Saturday and my daughter was counting on watching movies on the way.

JEbel713
Unregistered guest
I just talked with customer service (1-877-387-2276) They told me to do the following:
Remove the battery. Turn the player off.
Slide the TFT on/Video button back and forth several times. Leave it on TFT on.
Turn on the player. Put in a DVD. I will try this tonight and let those of you who have had similar problems know if it worked!

penzee
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how or if its even possible to change this dvd player to play regions 1-6? Alot of our dvd's are regions 2 and 3. Thanks, if anyone needs a copy of the manual I can fax it to them.

just trying to help
Unregistered guest
Durabrand "screen goes blank" Make sure the switch on the side is on "TFT ON" and not "Video out". This happened to me and that was all that was wrong. So far I have had no problems other than the switch getting moved.

zoenkie21
Unregistered guest
how long does the 1700 battery last before it has to be charged? can i buy an extra battery?

Anonymous

If your screen is blank make sure the little slide switch on right side is truened to TFT On. That sloved my blank screen problem.

Unregistered guest
we purchased a durabrand portable DVD player around christmas. the movies now play for alittle while then stop. any ideas???

Anonymous

Hi I have A DUR 1700 DVD player I need a Manual?
Can some one help me Thanks

MEGE605
Unregistered guest
Hi I have a durabrand portable DVD player and while my son was playing it we heard a pop and smelled smoke. It will no longer turn on, does anyone know if you can buy just the DVD player and not the screens?

Unregistered guest
Hi I need to know where i can find a battery for a durabrand dur-1700. My niece lost hers and i need to find a replacement for it.

JustinEy
Unregistered guest
Hi, id like to know if i can hook up my playstation 2 to my DUR-1700 portable dvd player

Unregistered guest
I have a dvd player my screen reads no disc can anyone please help

Unregistered guest
customer support phone #877-387-2276

Unregistered guest
i just got my dvd player last christmas and i am having a problem and need help a.s.a.p i am about to leave for a long trip on the plane and i need it to calm down my 5 month year old brother. and the problem is that everytime i put a dvd in it is always no screen, it will spin the cd and sometimes i can hear the movie but cant see it. please help me. My parents want to know.

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to make it region free. I'm using this one in Europe and wanna play region code 2 DVD of the kids on it.

jls
Unregistered guest
found this regional hack for the durabrand 1700 but haven't tried it yet so i don't know if it works. good luck. jls

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=durabrand+dvd-1700&hits=50

Region code hack posted by Baldrick, January 02 2005:
Turn on the player. (No DVD in the player)
Push SET UP. (On remote)
Scroll down to "Preferenses menu"
Push the play key (Centre arrow) no unlock menu, just do the following.
Enter 251535 with the remote.
Press left arrow, then down arrow.
"no sign of the key code entry is displayed until the end of the sequence"
If the code is correct, a grey bar will be displayed in the centre. The words
REGION CODE 1 will be displayed.
Now enter the region code you want to use from 1 to 6, the best is 0, region free.

Region code hack posted by bugmenot, January 09 2005:
The link above works perfectly except that you need to insert a dvd to access the preferences menu - just follow the steps after this and it works a treat - great post!

Yy
Unregistered guest
Does anyone out there have a hack code to unlock a Initial DVD: IDM-1731 which is currently R1?

Unregistered guest
I purchased a Dur-1700 and I don't have a ac adapter. Is there suppose to be one with it? I have the car adapter. Also the Ac adapter for charging is rated 6 volts yet where I plug it in it states 9 volts. Is there suppose to be a remote with this unit or are these accessories??

Unregistered guest
NEED HELP! HAVE NEW DUR-1700 AND CANNOT GET BUILT IN SPEAKERS TO WORK. WORKS WITH HEADPHONES BUT NOT SPEAKERS. AM I MISSING HOW TO SET UP AUDIO PROPERLY? NEED ADVISE OR SETTINGS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SET ON. THANK-YOU ANYONE?

Unregistered guest
My parenent's bought me a Dur-1700 portable dvd player and it worked for a while. But now it will not charge or turn on so if you have any ideas of what might be wrong please e-mail me at laura12@noe.rr.com thank you.

Unregistered guest
Hello, I`m looking for a region free code for a Durabrand STS98 HTIB, been looking and looking but no luck. Would really appreciate any help

Anonymous

Another DUrabrand portable DVD player owner who is disgusted with the lack of customer service on this product. NO owners manual was included with purchase... battery worked fine for the first couple of weeks. It would recharge, and allow the player to play for about two hours. Now it won't take a charge at all.

Anonymous

The problem with the screen going blank on the DUR-1700 has something to do with the power. I fixed mine by disconnecting all the power and removing it from the battery pack for a few minutes. Reconnect and viola! (old laptop computer trick) Hope this helps.

Anonymous

ALright people with the charge issues, i have a Dura 1700 as well and my charge wouldnt hold. Lone and behold my dad new of an electriction and gave it to her, she disasembled the battery and found that the ground resistors are shot and that would stop the charge, she then bought me a energizer battery extender which works even better so, it now works... good luck got it from walmart btw

welsh girl
Unregistered guest
any one know the region code for duraband dvd player-420 i want all regions it now on 2

linneasiggelkow
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what to do if you accidently put two dvd's in a dvd player and it closed but it won't reopen?

linneasiggelkow
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what to do if you accidently put two dvd's in a dvd player and it closed but it won't reopen?

Anonymous

I have a Durbrand DUR - 1500 and can't find a Car adapter for it anyone know where to find one? I have tried for months! I really!!!! need one!

Unregistered guest
I have a Durbrand 1700 until today it worked fine but now it will only play certain dvds and some it will play only the previews up to the movie. Can you please help

Unregistered guest
My granddaughters DUR 1700 keeps telling me there is no disk. She's had it for a year and already replaced the battery twice, what a piece of junk. Any suggestions helpful.

Unregistered guest
I need to find out what the wires look like that you use to plug the DUR 1700 into the TV. I have a box full of wires and no idea which ones work for this. Also, I need a manual.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to find out where to purchase another remote for the Durabrand DUR-1700. Bought it last year and think we hit mute on the remote and can not hear the sound thru the speakers. Now the remote is lost and we can't take the speakers off mute. Sound works fine through the TV or headphones though but we want to use it in the car. Walmart isn't a big help and have tried to get help from support without much luck either. Any ideas? I've searched ebay but so far have only found complete packages available. I only need the remote. Thanks!!!

jaybrowns
Unregistered guest
is it possible to kook the dur-1700 up to a PS2? let me know. thanks.

ANONAMS
Unregistered guest
HOW DO U HOK UP GAME CONTROL 2 PORTABLE DVD

ANONAMS
Unregistered guest

ANONAMS
Unregistered guest

eukirne
Unregistered guest
any one knows how to make a durabrand dur7 play all regions and vcd's?......thank you. manufacture date is october 2005.

Username: Kgw1213

Anderson, Sc Usa

yes if at possible could you please email me a copy of the durabrand 1700 player instructions, i'm having problems with my screen going black,have sound but no picture. i got no instructions with my player, have had it for about a year now and no problems until today. thank you so much karen wicker
wickernanny@wmconnect.com

Username: Kgw1213

Anderson, Sc Usa

Post Number: 2
To anyone who has had the black screen,sound with no picture.Try the little black button on top next to the monitor button mine was mashed in and I kept mashing on it with a pen until it finally popped up,it is supposed to stick out. My video started as soon as it popped out. Good luck

ladykaye
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand STS98 with the surround sound and DVD player in it. I had to buy some other stuff to be able to run it through my tv cause I have an old tv. But when ever I use my surround sound it seems to play the talking really quiet and the background really loud. And at times the picture is way to bright or way to dark. I can't figure out what it is doing. If you know or can tell me were to get some info on the system please let me know.

GULKO
Unregistered guest
hello can anyone tell me how to unlock the regional codes for a portable dvd durabrand dur-7.
I was giving to me as a birthday present. I live in europe and the machine was bought in the states.<i can't watch any of my dvds on it.

Thanks alot.

Username: Peridot

Olney, IL USA

Can anyone give me the contact number for the manufacturer of Durabrand DVD player 1700?

Username: Sikler

West Lafayette, IN USA

I am looking for "anonymous" who offered to scan the user guide for the DUR-1700. I need a copy so I can play DVDs on my TV.

Username: Teddyruxpin

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

For the Durabrand 1700 remote go to "Initial Technology" website. If you contact them they may be able to get whatever else you need since the 1700 was made by them.

Username: Sikler

West Lafayette, IN USA

Post Number: 2
Teddyruxpin, I take back everything I ever said about talking bears! I found exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.
Carol

Username: Stump

Post Number: 3
"1800customersupport.com" has alot of the durabrand electrnis products and accessories. they may or may not have your particular unit, but you can try. I found a replacement remote for a portable dvd player for half the price of remotes.com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us