Reformat Problems

iliketopo0
Unregistered guest
Each Time I plug in my Curtis 128mb mp3 to put on new songs it will tell me to reformat...so I do and it keeps saying it fails...and I cant even use my mp3 because when I turn it on it says wrong format reformat player or something like that....help would be appreciated :-)

P.S. I reformat it to FAT.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem with my Curtis MP3 player... what am I supposed to do ? What did you do with your ??? Please help me... :-(

Anonymous

Same here! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix the problem!

David 333
Unregistered guest
fixed my Curtis mp3 player! Yahoo! I was able to reload the firmware but only because I had the CD that came with my mp3 player. The instructions say if you have Win2000/XP etc you don't need to install the driver. But to download or reload the firmware you do need to install it.

So This is what I did

1. Installed the driver from the CD Then I - Pressed and held the Play/Pause button of the player
- Continue to hold the Play/Pause button and connect the player to your computer.
- Release the Play/Pause button after 5 seconds.
- The PC will find a Player Recovery Device and install the driver.
- When it has finished, "Player Recovery Device" will appear in [System Properties] -> [Device Manager].

Then I did the Click [Start] -> [Program] -> [Sigma Tel MSCN Audio Player] ->[Sigma Tel MSCN
Firmware Download] Important. I check marked "Format Data". That erased everything on the player, but then it worked.

If you don't have the CD I will burn you a copy with the complete instructions for $5. I am not trying to get rich, but I wouldn't go to the trouble to burn and mail for nothing. I am nice but not that nice. email me if you want it.
waltdc@uleth.ca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us