Least expensive receiver with RF/IR remote

Username: One_wolf

Post Number: 1
I need a new receiver. Mostly for music, movies occasionally. You may laugh but my biggest criteria is RF/IR remote - I need one because I listen on my screened in deck most often and IR from there to my living room doesn't cut it.

I really hate that I missed the $129 Kenwood VR6060 on ecost a couple of months back.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
No help at all? How about if I change the question to "what solid brands even offer RF remotes"?

John 85212
Unregistered guest
I don't know what receiver offers a RF remote, maybe some higher end units do. How about just getting a nice universal remote that is RF capable, like the one below. It will work with any receiver. Then just pick a receiver based on its own merits.

http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC%209910

Buy it here:

http://www.avsmarts.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_177&products_id=5953

You can also get a JP1 cable for this remote to add codes and customize the programing through your PC.

Post Number: 3
Thanks! good idea... how does it tie into the components it is controlling? via IR? Does this mean the little black box has to be sitting in sight view of the IR components it's controlling?

John 85212
Unregistered guest
I don't have this one... yet. I will probably get it soon because I like how slim it is.

But I currently have their older model with the RF feature and it has a jack on the rear that allows an IR blaster to operate equiptment without needing a line of sight. I assume the newer better model also has the jack.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Post Number: 4
Jack that plugs into what exactly? sorry for my ignorance...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us