Pre/power for B&W705

Username: Kiki

Post Number: 2
I just ordered a pair of B&W705 and HTM7, now it's time to think about amp, speaker cable, stand and so on, can advices, thanks.

My budget for pre/power is around AUD$2500, I dont prefer receiver (I know this is a receiver section), never use the tuner. Prefer NAD, Arcam, Rotel (what's the difference in Audio between the 1056+1070 - AUD$2600 / 1068+1075 - AUD$3000)

My heart still pumping hard and fast, this is my first hifi system, and first time spent that much money at once!!!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 700
The 1068+1075 would be my choice because of equal power to all channels. 1056+1070 will be good for stereo, but the lower power and quality for the center channel wont sound good. I would also pick the Rotel combo over NAD T163+T973 because I think the Rotel power-amp is slightly better. Arcam has no competitive models for those, their multich pre/power-amps are much more expensive.

Post Number: 3
Landroval, thanks for your advice.
I search from internet, there are not many reviews on NAD pre/power. Saw a good review on 'perfect vision'.

Have anyone here have audition 705+htm7 with any pre/power? Thanks

Post Number: 4
Went to audition the Nad pre/power combo, IMO the B&W sound better and smooth with rotel.

Order the Rotel 2 days ago and the rotel 1068+1075 delivery to me today, the sit beside the B&W 705+htm7 in the box, just waiting to pick all cable for them and they are ready to pump.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 712
Congratulations, that should be a killer combo for any possible use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us