HK AVR7200 and dvd player

HKFAN
Unregistered guest
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I have a HK AVR7200 that I have had for over a year, a denon dcm380 cd player, mission m5 speakers all the way around and a velodyne cht10. I just swapped my yamaha dvds540 dvd player for a panasonic dvds47 and I have a question about the sound quality. I thought the yamaha sounded good but I find the panasonic a little bright. I don't want to play dvd audio or sacd. I have a toshiba 57 inch cinema series tv and I want good video and good sound for movies. Is buying a better dvd player going to make that big of a difference for the sound quality for movies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 89
Well I recently scored a used Sony DVPs9000es DVD player and am blown away at the improvement of the sound quality. Now not only do I have a great sounding DVD player but it blows away my CD player as well. I am using it for both movies and music now.
I had an old Panasonic DVD-RV31 model.
It turned out there is a huge differance in the sound between a 300.00 DVD player and 1500.00 unit, however the picture quality was not much better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us