Help me select a Receiver in the $200-250

Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 4
The only receiver I was recomended was an Onkyo TX -sr502 for about $250. Is this really that good or should I look at Yamahas

Bronze Member
Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 27
Brian. Alvin here. It doe not hurt to check out as many receivers as you can! Listen to them and decide on what you like based upon what you hear! In you price range you have options, including the Onkyo 502, Yamaha 450, Pioneer 814, Harman Kardon 130, Sony 597 to name a few! Dont forget to look at the features each unit/brand offers. Go on line and check out the manafactures web sites, pro and user reveiws, and use the info as a guide while you are out there looking, listening, etc.
Watch for ads on the model you decide on! Out here in the Sacramento, Ca area, we have had everything from brand new Denon 1804 units going for $249.00 on ad, to the Onkyo 601 at $299.00, the H/K 130 at 299.00 and more! Shop wise and you could end up moving up a notch, for about the same $$$$!
Alvin

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1411
Brian,
What are the available receivers in your area??? You should go around and listen to some of these units for yourself, paired with the speakers you want to get. The decision will be a lot easier.

Alvin,
Is Paradyme Audio still around? I bought some SAE and Soundcraftsman from them a long while back. Darn I'm dating myself:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us