Receiver decision

Anonymous

NEED NEW RECIEVER,HAVE HARMAN KARDON HKB6 AND HKB4 BOOKSHELF,AND HKC CENTER,ALSO HK DVD 101 DONT KNOW EITHER HK AVR-230 OR ONKYO TXSR601,ALSO LOOKING FOR SUBWOOFER,YAMAHA 215 OF JBL 150 THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 449
I like this one - panasonic sa-xr70 for about $340 on the web. It has digital amp section that is pleasant and dynamic - smooth upscale sound with a great bass.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 471
Are you sure the XR70 is already available or is it just some preorder?

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1125
my vote goes to the HK AVR-230 and the JBL 150 .

hk is making some really good recievers right now.

also a good quality sub that can be found for good price
is the velodyne brand of subs.

WILEY
Unregistered guest
THANKS ,PICKED UP VELODYNE CHT-10 AT J&R GREAT DEAL,ALL OTHER SPEAKERS ARE HARMAN HKL SERIES,JUST WONDERING ABOUT RECEIVER,AGAIN,ANYTHING ON THE HK DPR-1001,THE NEW DIGITAL PATH REC?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 483
Please take your Caps Lock off.

John 85212
Unregistered guest
Don't get sucked into the hype about these digital amps. This is a technology that has been around for a while, nothing new. Natively, the sound sucks so bad that it is useless for good audio. The only difference now is that chip makers have produced a chip that can digitally compensate for how bad these amps really sound, making them sound closer to a real amplifier. But from personal experience, they have a lot more work to do. It's the same type of amplifier technology that many of these cheap home theaters in a box use. Maybe someday they will improve but the basic premise seems flawed; an amplifier that sounds horrible and is made better through dsp processing. If I were head of R&D at a company I would sink money into developing a digital amp that sounds good to begin with without the massive need for dsp compensation. Maybe it's been attempted and wasn't possible, I don't know. But the basic technology seems inherently flawed.

Read this thread for my personal walk with a HK DPR1001.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/84780.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us