Post Number: 2
Have to buy one of these three

Yamaha NS-555 250 per pair
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/details/542249454

Yamaha NS-777 300 per pair
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/details/542299854

Axiom M3ti 275 per pair
http://www.axiomaudio.com/m3.html

My Amp is rated at 180 W. Now tell me. Which speakers do i buy assuming i have 300 bucks and want them for music listening jazz, classical, anything. But music. Only music.

Plz tell me why you feel that way too.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 598
The Axioms of course. Bookshelf speakers have a huge edge over floorstanders in sub $1000 price class. Also the 777 Yamahas are quite bad and unnatural and probably the 555's are even worse.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1341
I am not impressed with any o fthe Yamaha NS offerings, they look beautiful though.
I would go with the Axioms, hands down.
cheers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1342
Oh, and I believe you are mistaken about the price on the Yamahas NS-777, they are priced each not pairs.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 63
Go with Axiom. Yamaha is NOT anywhere near the same league as AXIOM! The Japanese make great cars but audio equipment is just a means of mass production.

Username: Farhadf

Post Number: 3
damnit! I really wanted to buy the yamahas too.......yeah they are per pair btw, the site is mistaken.......grrrrrr.........no one has told me whats wrong with them yet though.

bah....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1344
well, go ahead and buy the Yamaha if you really want to buy them!
I have compared them side by side with the likes of Axiom M60, Axiom M22, Athena ASF-2 and even the Ascend CBM 170s (bookshelf). The Yamaha NS-777 sound very bland and muffled.

Bronze Member
Username: Shank

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 60
Notice the impedence on the yamaha's are 6 ohm's. If your gonna get those, be sure your receiver can deal with 6 ohm speakers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Better not take the Yams even if you would like. In this case less is more.

ABC
Unregistered guest
GO FOR IT DUDE.........AWSOME SPEARKERS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Yeah........great "SPEARKERS"!!!!!!!!Fake sound!

Post Number: 4
I get the picture. Yes i have an amp that handles 6 ohms. If you are saying you've TESTED both of them or rather all three of them then there must be some serious weight to your argument. Thank you all for being patient with me, i am just not a bookshelf fan. I will be buying the Axiom Mt3i's. Lets hope they turn out to be a good buy. Thanks for the input everyone. What cabling should i use for the axioms though.

Post Number: 5
Hey what about if i put them on stands?

Good move? Bad move?

any stands or do they have to be axiom stands

???

i saw some nice affordable ones on overstock.com

what is the advantage of the stands again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1351
Stands are not a bad idea, as it can bring the speaker up to listening levels (ear level when at your listening position. They don't have to be Axiom stands, you can get any brand you want, you can even make them yourself. Are you planning on getting a subwoofer?

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
Stands will be very good. They place the speakers to optimal height and give sufficent free space around them. Also they should be steady so that no resonance will go to other structures. Any stands will be good if they're the right size and sturdy enough. If you can fill the tubes with sand it will be even better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
I make furniture as a hobby and when I bought my M3's, I made stands for them out of birch. Nothing really expensive but they look really nice. Just make sure they are at the right height.

I tried the sand thing and could not find a difference BUT it would not hurt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1362
The sand is just for stability, nothing more, we just don't want anything to happen to the Axioms:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
God no! We would not want that to happen now would we?

Post Number: 6
buying a sub????????........wait i thought the reason i was buying the M3tise's and not the M2's is because i won't need a sub for music listening with the m3's. What's this about a sub? As i know for sure those Yamaha's don't need any subs heh heh heh........Also. My amp does not have a sub option. Tell me if i should not buy the M3's on that basis or not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
No you dont need a sub with bookshelf speakers if you listen to music. The Yamaha floorstanders might have a little more bass, but it's very boomy and uncontrolled and you really dont want that.

Username: Ben805

Post Number: 10
if you won't run a sub, then I would save up another $100 and get the M22ti instead of M3ti, it's one step up and have better bass respond. if you can't swing another bill then look in their B stock section, I believe you can get the M22ti for $360, 99% of the people who bought their B Stock said they couldn't find a single scratch on those so-called B stock, they were most likely just opened items.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us