Best possible for $4000

Username: Rlang

Post Number: 1
I'm ready drop $4000 for a HT setup. The room is a tad small 12x10 feet. For speakers I'd go with a set of fronts (L/R) and a center. I would like the receiver to support 2 zones with the second zone coming in later. I'll mostly use this for music. Given these, what would be your choice of setup.

Later,

Ralph

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 188
Will you be adding the back two channels later on or is the room to small for you to do that?

Post Number: 2
Hi Bleustar,
the room is too small for that. So, the $4k is for equipment for this small room only.

Later,

Ralph

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 885
Why not put your surround speakers on the side wall that way you can have a real HT. Without at least 5 speakers you won't have one.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 200
Or alternatively just give up on the surround sound idea and go with a good stereo system with two speakers. If you buy a sensible amp, you'll be able to integrate it into any future surround scenario since it's likely to have better sound quality than the surround receiver.

I have a similarly small room which can't fit rear speakers so I've stuck with my stereo system and kept on upgrading that instead while I wait to afford a bigger room.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 3
elitefan,
that's a possibility. But as Frank says I'd like to stick to just the fronts and the center fow now. So, with this (contraint) in mind what'd give me best bang for the buck. I value sound quality and that too, if possibble, at low volumes as well.
Later, once I finish converting my basement, I can nudge myself for a 5.1 or higher.

Later,

Ralph
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us