Deifinitive Tech 2006 vs Axiom epic 60's

Username: Bird_mouth

Post Number: 1
Hey all! Putting together a system from scratch. I was thinking of going with Axiom 60Mti with a vp150 center and some QS8's for surrounds. I'm open to suggestions to recommendations for which sub to go with this. It sounds like from reading here that you can get a better sub than axiom offers for less money. I stopped by the local store and they had a Definitive tech 2006 base setup that he said he would sell as a demo for $1,700. I was wondering how these two compare and whether the def techs are worth buying at that price. I will probably use the system (60%HT/40%music) I only heard the def techs with HT and have heard they are not as good with music. I just bought an open box HK AVR630 from onecall for $645 shipped. The room is 15' by 35'. I listened to some Klipsch rf25's today and they sounded a bit harsh or bright if you ask me. What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 536
Klipsch can sound bright to me too.
I would consider getting www.ascendacoustics.com
They got good reviews - and come with a good sub (hsu)

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 58
I would go with the AXIOMS but get a better sub for sure.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1235
I would definitely go with the Axiom system specially with a top notch receiver like the HK. They should play well together. There really is nothing wrong with the subs made by Axiom, but for the money, my vote goes for the Hsu.

Username: Bird_mouth

Post Number: 2
So it looks like the Axioms are the winner. Which HSU sub would you recommend? The STF-2? Is that what I'm looking for?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1238
The STF-2 will be great for your room. Variable crossover frequency and phase switching...you should be able to tailor this to your room's dimensions. Have fun!
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us