Yamaha 1400 review now on audioreview.com

Lisa France
Unregistered guest
Yamaha 1400 review now on audioreview.com

http://www.audioreview.com/A-V+Receivers/Yamaha+RX-V1400/PRD_288782_2718crx.aspx

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 11
Lisa,

I have heard that Yamaha receivers are very forward and thus excellent for movies but not as good for music. I have also seen testing showing that the power rating appears to be overrated for multichannel use. What is your experience in these two areas? Also, have you compared other receivers most often mentioned in this forum: NAD, Marantz, Denon? (You compared the Yamaha to Pioneer Elite in your review)

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 12
Lisa,

Sorry, reread your review, you do mention Denon already. You do say the power seems underrated too. What speakers are you using and what size room?

Lisa France
Unregistered guest
Hi,

The power is not underrated. The places that say so, also underrate the Denon and all others. The people that put them here only do so with certain receivers they dont like. But all recievers according to the testers do not deliver the rated power with surround sound. Dont know if its true or not. But this receiver has plenty of power for surround and 2 channel. I also was concerned with the sound in 2 channel music. But after listening to the receiver. It sounds really good in 2 channel music. I have a large room, 20 by 20 with 15 ft ceilings and with one side of the room completely open to another room. My main are dahlquist dq 10, which are very inefficient. But the receiver has plenty of power for them. If you want to buy a new reviver. The best thing to do is to try them before you buy them, as I have done. got this receiver from Sound Advice, which gives 60 days to try it. But of all the receivers I have listened to. This is by far the best deal. Also the price not with standing. This receiver has features and options not found on most other receivers and it sounds incredibily good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us