IPod to Amp??? Will it work? Ideas?

Unregistered guest
Here's my issue: I have had my car stereo stolen twice in the past 2 months now, and am tired of replacing windows and stereos. I realize that this trend will only continue if i don't do something to protect my car, like an alarm (I had the faceplate off and inside my hosue the 2nd time). However, wth a $1700 car, and a dwindling budget, I don't think this is my best option. For the past few weeks I have been thinking of purchasing an iPod, and an idea hit me today: using the iPod as my car stereo. Seeing as I am not worried about the cosmetics of my car, I started to think about leaving the hole on my dash, and using an iPod as my music source (and adding an amp to my car to power it). Being completely removable, I wouldn't have to worry about it getting jacked, and I could still take it w/ me wherever I want. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if, or how I could make this work. Anything would be much appreciated, seeing as I am a beginner at this. My email is pedxing55@yahoo.com if anyone has any tips. Thanks.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 254
Get a car amp and place it under your seat (if there is a room), or in the trunk, and get a long cable to connect to Ipod.

If you buy from circuit city or goodguys, they will do it for you probably.

Might want to upgrade the speakers if you haven't already - the stocks can be improved easily. JL audio is nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us