Advice on receiver

Username: Jwb

Post Number: 1
I have a denon 2801 receiver that I want to upgrade. I have monitor audio speakers: gr20,s fronts and center, gr10's for surronds. After reading some on this site I have decided on marantz 730se ($700), pioneer elite, onkyo sr800 (589), or nad 763. Any advice to help me know which is the best buy?

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 46
Which Elite model? I have Monitor silver series with an Elite 45 and it's a great combination. My favorite brands with Monitor are Elite and Marantz. You can't go wrong with either. You will find they are both a much better match with your Monitor's than Denon.[I had a 2802 before my Elite]

Post Number: 4
Thank you elitefan for answering. I was thinking about the Elite 55txi. If I can get the Marantz 7300 OSE for $700 including tax,would there be the enough difference to warrant the higher cost for the Elite. Again, thanks for your insight it has been very helpful.

Post Number: 50
Jimmy,
If you can get the 7300ose for $700 that's pretty tempting. The only way I wouldn't do that is if you think you will want the firewire connectors on the 55txi in the next few years. If the 73000se's input package is sufficient that would be hard to pass up. Both are perfect sonic match's with your Monitor's so decide about the firewire and go from there. The remote on the Elite is much better than the Marantz and in general the Elite is a bit more user friendly but IMO these are small considerations. Tough choice but you can't lose with either one.

Post Number: 6
Elitefan

Thanks. I will probably get the Marantz. Have a great Christmas.

Post Number: 53
Jimmy,
One other thought. If you like the Elite's you might be able to still find a Elite vsx45. I really love mine but as I said you can't lose either way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us