Sony str-de635

Username: Stebbins

FT LAUDERDALE, FL USA

Post Number: 1
i have a sony home theater system str-de635. when i turn the receiver on after a few minutes the protector lights flash and i have to turn off but this only repeats. please explain in simple terms please. what can i do? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 511
Check all your speaker wires for short circuits/crossing wires.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 330
Joyce, my fellow Floridian... As landroval has written, check all your speaker wires. Not even a single "strand" of wire should be touching anything else (including the case of your Sony receiver). Once you do that and if it still has the problem, write back and we'll have you try one other thing. Make sure you check the wires at the speakers themselves as well.

FT LAUDERDALE, FL USA

Post Number: 2
hi, thanks for responding. when i first bought the system this happened a few times but now i just hooked this up again and it always happens. i will check my wire connections now but just to make sure i'm doing things right. i have my center speaker. connect positive to positive etc from center speaker to receiver center positive to positve, correct? now i have 4 other speakers. am i correct to connect 2 rear speakers to the rear on the reciever right and left then the front speakers are connected to the right and left of A. when would you use the B? one more thing that i haven't connect is the subwoofer. do i connect any speaker wire from the subwoofer to the receiver and if yes where. there is an audio out and subwoofer plug on the receiver then line in and line out on subwoofer. what do i connect. sorry, i'm not educated in this area at all and i'm also blonde. can you explain in my terms? where are you from in florida? thanks so much for your help.

joyce

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Your connections seem to be correct. You should connect the subwoofer to the subwoofer plug on the receiver and line in on the sub. Normal RCA cable will do.

FT LAUDERDALE, FL USA

Post Number: 3
with the way i connected the speaker wire i only have sound from the right front speaker. the others aren't working. could it be old speaker wire?

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
If you plug your front right speaker to the front left or any other output do you get sound from it?

FT LAUDERDALE, FL USA

Post Number: 4
ok i hooked the this way for the subwoofer. from received, subwoofer jack to the line out on subwoofer. other connections was from receiver audio out to the line in on the subwoofer. is this correct? now do i hook up the speakers to the subwoofer and which would i connect and to where?

now i took the front right speaker wire out of the right and put in the left right front speaker spot, put the left in the right spot. now the left works not the right. what do you think this is?

thanks,

joyce
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us