Receiver choice for MMGs

Username: Xxufo1xx

Post Number: 1
OK - There seems to be a ton of knowledge here so
i am hoping for some advice. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of stock MMGs.
Here is the info. Room size 13x25. MMGs would be on short wall.Distance from back wall 3-4 ft.
Distance from side walls 2 ft. Which if any of these receivers is capable of driving the MMGs ?
Marantz SR6300 - or Vintage Marantz 2250
Pioneer sx-1010, Pioneer sx-1250 or NAD 3150 int.
amp ? I think I have way too many receivers !!

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1293
i would think the nad would do best with those speakers!

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
The NAD is the only product of all you listed that I would pair with the Maggies. That is not to say there aren't other choices, you just didn't mention them.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 334
ric: you don't have many choices. As everyone else writes, NAD is the one when it comes to receivers. If you're going to integrated/power amplifiers, you open up to more than NAD.

The Maggies will need REAL POWER and LOTS OF IT. You'll need an amplifier pushing 50W (just to "warm them up") and none of these commerical amplifiers can deal... especially since they are 4Ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 520
Panasonic SA-XR70 is another one you can consider. It's surround sound, and you can bi wire the front and back for more power.

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 150
I agree with most of the previous posters that of the ones you mention the NAD will be the best match for the Maggies as it's designed from the outset to handle a 4ohm load. I wonder if my 320BEE (rated 50w but nearer 65w in reality) will be happy driving a pair of MMG's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us