H/k bass management "hole" question

Bronze Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 84
I have a question regarding h/k's bass management and the possibility of creating a bass hole. Those of you with an h/k will know what I'm referring to.

Here's the idea... When front speakers are set to small, the "crossover frequency" for the sub sets the maximum frequency sent to the sub and must be at least as high as the highest front or surround speaker crossover frequency. Else a bass hole could be created. e.g. if you set the center to small/200Hz and the sub at 80Hz, then frequency content between 80Hz and 200Hz to that channel has nowhere to go.

Here's my question... The manual isn't as clear regarding the case where the fronts are set to large and the sub is set to "LFE + L/R". In that case, the fronts and sub get the same crossover frequency. All content below that frequency is sent to both the fronts and the sub. My question is what happens if the center is set to a higher frequency? Is a bass hole created on that channel?

e.g.
Front: *80Hz
center: 200Hz
Sub: *80Hz

I could test this with a test DVD with a frequency sweep with extreme settings of Sub/Front=40Hz and center=200Hz. But I don't have such a DVD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us