Is the vsx47 anygood?

Anonymous

I'm planning on buying a Pioneer vsx47 for $1600...is it a good receiver or is there a better receiver?...I'm planning on using it with Atlantic Technology system 350 speakers.

Username: Tim

Post Number: 11
Define "better".

What do you want your receiver to do, apart from match your speakers?
Are there features you need, good warranty service, reputation for build quaility, lots of inputs, phono inputs, intuitive remote, etc?
What size room are you putting it in? Do you want it for HT or music mainly - or both?

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 45
There has never been a AT speaker dealer in my area so I have never had the chance to hear them. I know they are very highly regarded and always get outstanding reviews. As to the vsx47; this is a very good receiver in all regards. Very powerful, excellent build quality, very large and heavy[64lbs] so you need to make sure you have a sturdy, roomy place to put it.It has tons of inputs, both analog and digital and for $1600 is a good buy. If you think it matches the AT sonically go for it.

Username: Stealth92612

Post Number: 2
Thanks Tim, I'm planning on using the elite for HT mainly. My room is 18' x 15' with an open kitchen to one side. I like the 7.1 feature especially the 160watts/channel @6ohms...it's the power I need to drive my speakers and the 2 year warranty is attractive to. If there is another receiver out there that may be better at this price of $1600 I'd like to check it out before I buy the elite....I don't care about additional features except the 7.1 and the power to drive my speakers.

Username: Stealth92612

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the details Therealelitefan....I didn't know it was that heavy, sounds like its strong as a military tank...powerful. I'm encouraged to get this elite then....I may need a forklift to carry this vsx47 home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us