Adding terminals to 1987 pioneer receiver

wanting to keep from having to purchase a new receiver. have a 1987 vintage pioneer receiver, completely functional, but with only 4 tape terminals-2 record and 2 play- to connect a new cd recorder. i want to be able to record from LP's, tape cassette, and tuner (thru this receiver) onto cd, so i must find a way to extend or add terminals not presently there, hopefully with no discernable signal loss. i currently have four standard (not gold ended!) Y cables-one RCA at each end splitting into 2 RCA on opposite end. i've seen gold devices that i can purchase, but can't i use at least 2 of the non-gold Y cables, i.e. for the hookup of the cassette to the receiver-where the best quality (gold connectors) wouldn't be as critical? if so, can you be specific about where to connect what? many thanks for your attention

Anonymous

I wouldn't reccomend this procedure.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 5
check to see if it has a rec out terminal or pre-amp terminal
cheers

Username: Project6

Post Number: 6
actually now that I thought about it, you can loop the system. From the receiver rec out connect it to the rec in or input of the cd recorder. From the cd recorder, out or play terminal connect it to the tape deck input or rec terminal. From the tape deck play or out terminal, connect it to the receiver tape in. Now you have a looped system. Potential problem is that you cannot listen to the cd recorder/player unless the tape deck is on record mode. However, you can record from almost any analog source that you like. Hope it works it for you and let me know if you made it work.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us