Professional amp vs. home theater amp

What's the difference between a professional amp and a home theater amp in terms of sound and application. Can a prof. amp be used to power your home theater system?

jime
i currently have a proffesions amp in my home. although you should also buy a mixer board or a preamp or anything with an equalizer and several audio inputs that connect to the amp, they will blow away any home receiver that you can find. the only draw back that i can see is that they are kind of ugly sometimes.

Anonymous
Excuse my ignorance, but I am just getting into the home stereo/theater thing and am trying to learn as fast as I can. I have an amplifier with 5.1 ss, a dvd player, vcr, computer (hooked to the internet) and a cd/cassette player. The problem I have is that my amplifier does not have enough places to plug everything in. What is the least expensive way to resolve this problem without compromising on the quality of the sound? Also, can someone recommend a website to me that will help me arrange the furniture, carpeting, drapes, etc to help me improve the acoustical properties of the room? ...and maybe a site called "home theater for dummies"? :)

Tom
Thanks

tnt
Unregistered guest
There are a variety of A/V swithing units on the market. Try http://www.smarthome.com/7772.html
This device is very reasonably priced, and provides switching for 4 additional sources including component video and digital audio.
Be very careful in purchasing anything with
component video because many products do not have
the bandwidth necessary for high-def signals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us