HK 525 vs HK430 ? Improvements?? 5 less watts.

Username: Luigif1

Post Number: 7
I have fianlly decided on the HK for my klipsch does anyone know the improvements (besides 5 less watts) between the 525 and the newer 430?? can get for about $40 difference.

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 9
Hey Dan... the numbers I gave you before (the wattage/power) was for the 630. In any event, the 430 is comparable to the 43TX (1,000W) and the AVR630 is 940W at power. The newest thing that I can think of in the AVR430 is the quadruple crossover settings... whereas the AVR x25 series had only tripple crossover settings.

Also, you have a 2-line LCD on the remote. I haven't played with the new remote, but it has some programmable buttons, so that should be fun.

Post Number: 10
Oops... my last post... I'm so confused. The Elite 43TX is 600W at rated power. Sorry.

Username: Hteaterjunkie

Post Number: 1
geekboy,

Where are you getting these numbers from? The 630 is nowhere near 940 watts.

Post Number: 13
whocares, sorry if that confused you.

My mistake because it's taken out of context. The power "consumption" discussion was in a different thread, so it looks funny here!

That's rated in "power consumption"... I wasn't referring to watts per channel. Check the power consumption of the amplifiers. The 43TX is 600W at rated power and the H/K AVR630 is 940W at rated power. (The H/K AVR525 is 1,040W at rated power all channels driven.)

Username: Hteaterjunkie

Post Number: 2
geekboy,

ah, I understand. Well, the 630 is rated at 1000 watts power consumption and the 525 1040. It's strange since the 630 is rated to put out more power (albeit not much more). :-)

Post Number: 15
htheaterjunkie, I too was amused at first with the difference. But, I soon realized why it's different! When idle -- no sound playing -- the receiver will still consume power when it's on. The difference in the 525 vs the 630 is in their "idle" consumption! That means the 630 is a little more efficient... ever so slightly.

I think... that a receiver's stated power (i.e. 7 x 100W) should, when multiplied out, be less than the total power consumption of the receiver at rated power. Just an observation.

Username: Heff

Post Number: 6
Geekboy is right on.

Dan, Some people like the black look of the 525, while others like the black/silver look of the current model, AVR-430.

Does the look and feel of the remote make a differnce to you? If so, you should check them out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us