HSU Subs

Derek
Unregistered guest
Now that I have read time and time again that HSU has amazing subs (especially for the price), I was wondering which one of these two is better! I am talking about the Hsu stf-3 vs. the vtf-2 mk2! The stf3 has the 12" woofer which I kind of prefer, but am up for any input that you have. Thanks

Username: Danman

Post Number: 5
Both are fantastic. One is tunable and the other is not. It depends if you want to have control over the amount of bass you want and need. Either one is fantastic. I was going to buy a JMLab Cobalt for 4 times the price after bringing it home for a week when a friend of mine let me listen to his VTF 3 and I was sold! Man they rock and are way better then JMLab and I ama big fan!

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 21
What about the HSU STF -1? Is this a good sub-woofer. I an getting Monitor audio 90 radius as my fronts and surrounds and the 180 as the center channel. Would this HSU work well. The Monitor Audio radius sub is $600 while this one is $300. What do you guys think?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
As long as your room is not too big it will be fine. You will be hard pressed to find anything better for the price.

Is this for music, DVD's or both.....................

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 22
Its for both music and DVD but probabbly more DVD. Is it good for one and not the other? I'm now thinking of going w/ the STF 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I think the best is to go a little bigger if you can afford to and go look on their website and send in a request and they will answer back to you what best suits your needs and wants.

Rememeber, a good sub will also enhance your music listening as well. Rule of thumb is that you not turn the volume too high and proper placement is also important.

The reason I chose HSU is because it would only reproduce bass in music when it was there and not invent it..............that causes boominess that I hate! The 1600$ Cobalt JMLab did this when I tried it but was as good for dvd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us