Monitor Audio SLCR or Silver 12i Center?

Jeff Plous
Hi, I thought I was on my way to pick up an SLCR my dealer was holding for me that was a floor model basically, but I was surprised when it was actually a monitor audio silver 12i. I have until friday to return this unit. I paid 480 for it. Im a bit nervous as I have S8s for fronts - note s8s not 8is. Im wondering what the differences are between these 2 center channels. Am I getting a good deal? Should I go get the SCLR from Kiefs?
In other words...
HELP!
Thanks

Jeff Plous
Anyone I really really need help!

Jeff Plous
C'mon now I only have until friday to make up my mind on this. I listened to it tonight and it sounded pretty decent on vocals tons better than the cheap one i was using temporarily... But I really need the opinions on this one..

Jeff Plous
No one has any opinions on this?

G.DawG
Jeff,

Go go for the one that apeals to you more, I cant say which you would like more, thats your decision. If they are the same price, go for the one that matches your fronts more, or has a higher sensitivity.

G.DawG

Jeff Plous
I just called Kiefs and spoke with Ed there. He said the 480 for the 12i is a really appealing price. He also said the biggest difference he could tell is that the new SLCR has a slightly smoother top end. He did agree tho that the 12i is a great center channel and is better for larger rooms such as mine because of its larger size. It is also able to go to lower and higher frequencies than the SLCR. He said no center channel truly integrates 100%. He said either of these 2 centers would integrate really well with my front s8s. So I think I may just keep this since the price is really good. And it did sound a bit better last night when I watched interview with the vampire and a few scenes from jurassic park. I have also read this center takes a very long time to fully break in and then sounds marvelous.
Any other words of wisdom are appreciated..
Jeff

G-Man
The Monitor 12i is a very good center channel and looks great in cherry. $480 isn't a bad price for a demo, but it isn't a huge bargain--probably fair. But you could get a brand new one at downtownaudio.com for $495.

But used ones go from $380-$430.

As long as it is in prime condition/full warranty and you want to maintain a good relationship with this dealer--keep it.

Jeff Plous
G-Man, is the 12i as good as or better than the slcr? And yes it is in prime condition with the full warranty..
Thanks

Jeff Plous
bump bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us