TDK 80 Min. CD-RW Disc

Bronze Member
Username: Littleyama

Post Number: 16
I have been using TDK 80 min. CD-RW discs to record with my Sony RCDW 2000ES CD recorder. When I record quite regularly the unit will go out of the rec. mode & an error message will appear saying that there is a "vibration or dirty disc" concern. My recorder is 6-7 feet from my closest speaker so I don't think it is an output cause. It is less than a foot away from my receiver & turntable(?) The unit is resting on a movable (rack) with wheels. Could this be a vibration concern?

Has anyone had this kind of trouble with TDK CD's?

Joseph Dubin
Unregistered guest
I also use TDK 80 minute CD-RWs on my Sony 5 disc CD recorder and quite often recording is not possible due to vibration. I thought this was more a problem with CD recording in general than with the unit or CD-RW. Now, I wonder if it is something with the Sony, although it does state in the manual that the C-13 error message will happen if there is too much vibration.

I get the error message when recording Karaoke directly onto the CD-RW, which, I have been told, is definately a cause of vibration, even if using headphones to cancel out the sound.

My Sony is very close to a speaker, turntable and receiver but is on a solid piece of furniture but I haven't had trouble copying CD's or recording digital music. It's just with Karaoke and therefore I'm lucky if I can get more than 25 minutes on any one CD-RW.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Dubin
Unregistered guest
I also use TDK 80 minute CD-RWs on my Sony 5 disc CD recorder and quite often recording is not possible due to vibration. I thought this was more a problem with CD recording in general than with the unit or CD-RW. Now, I wonder if it is something with the Sony, although it does state in the manual that the C-13 error message will happen if there is too much vibration.

I get the error message when recording Karaoke directly onto the CD-RW, which, I have been told, is definately a cause of vibration, even if using headphones to cancel out the sound.

My Sony is very close to a speaker, turntable and receiver but is on a solid piece of furniture but I haven't had trouble copying CD's or recording digital music. It's just with Karaoke and therefore I'm lucky if I can get more than 25 minutes on any one CD-RW.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Dubin
Unregistered guest
I also use TDK 80 minute CD-RWs on my Sony 5 disc CD recorder and quite often recording is not possible due to vibration. When using the same CD-RW at times I am able to continue recording after a few more attempts but the message eventually appears again so I have to finalize it and use another.

This only occurs when recording Karaoke directly onto the CD-RW which, I have been told, is a definate cause of vibration even with headphones. I haven't experienced trouble dubbing CD's or recording digital music.

The manual does state a C-13 error message will appear when subjected to too much vibration.

Again, this only happens with live Karaoke recording, therefore I'm lucky if I get more than 25 minutes onto any one CD-RW.

Hope this helps.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us