Dahlquist DQ10 power

Username: Menaco777

Los Angeles, California United States

Post Number: 1
I have a pair of dq-10 and a pair of dq-1w 13" subwoofers. the very power hungry but I don't have $5, 000 to buy a amp any suggestions? I did find a crown cdi4000 power amplifier for $300. But is that good enough to get a good sound and power these power hungry Dahlquists?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18541

I can't tell you what your idea of "good sound" will be. The amp has enough wattage but lacks some in the amperage delivery for the DQ10's. You should consider the fact the Dahlquist speakers were considered very transparent for their day. This tells you the speakers not only allow you to hear into the details of the recording but that they also show any flaws in the electronics chain in front of them.

Set a budget and then find an amp that suits your budget. You might contact Audio Classics and have them advise you on a suitable component.

Username: Rdiiorio

Post Number: 1
I've heard the DQ-10s using a Sony TA-3200F amp which was rated at 100/wpc in 1973 at a friends house. There was also a set of KLH-Model Nines powered by Marantz Model 9's. Both systems left indelible impressions with me. Some of the best sounds Ive ever heard. I think any good quality amp can drive the Dalquist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us