Amp suggestions for klipsch f-2s??

Username: Aurturojane

Post Number: 1
hi - i am looking for some suggestions here. i have a set of klipsch f-2 (synergy series) floor standers that i bought several years back in india. back there, i used these with nad 325s. this was the best i could go for at the time with the budget and the options i had. now after moving countries, i left the nad behind (being a 220v device). i am looking for a good amp that would go with the klipsch, and at that, one that would also go with a speaker upgrade at some point (dont know what that will be). it sure needs to be a step up from nad+klipsch. i do not have much experience here and most am a dire straits/mark knopfler listener, with some of the other usuals thrown in (pf, eric clapton, some blues and reggae, classical). like rich sound that i can feel physically. any suggestions? thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3605
Klipsch are typically of fairly high sensitivity. You don't or SHOULDN'T need more than maybe 50 watts per speaker.

At that level? choices are somewhere between VAST and LIMITLESS.

You need to sort of 'narrow it down' to either what's available or what you like or value. Even tubes will probably work.

KLIPSCH calls your F2 95.5db sensitive. If allowing for they being (typically) a littel 'optimistic' in this measure, you certainly are well

off with modest power. THEY say 100 watts (400 peak)......

It's good that you are looking FORWARD......many fail to do so and 'obsolete' otherwise good stuff....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us