Bought used in 1980. Just stopped working!

Username: Bellejvc

Post Number: 1
Hi there - I have a JVC JA-S22 amp which I bought used in 1980 with matching record deck and Wharfedale speakers. I washed dishes all summer to afford it. Later added a CD deck and changed the speakers for smaller, more powerful ones. Last night, the amp stopped working mid-track. There was a slight pop, and no more sound, although the unit still has power. Not working on the CD or the deck. Just nothing. I changed the fuse on this amp once about twenty years back, but am assuming that this is not the issue this time, as it has power. That is the extent of my electrical knowhow. PLEASE HELP!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18707

If assuming a fuse has not blown is the extent of your knowledge regarding a silent amp, you need to find a service department that will take the unit in and provide an estimate of repair costs. It is impossible to diagnose a dead amp's problem over a forum and a diagnosis wouldn't be of use as the repair tech is the final decider on repairs as there may be more circuitry that has been affected by the sudden demise of the amp. Contact JVC; https://www.google.com/search?q=jvc+technical+support&rlz=1CAHKDC_enUS754US756&o q=jvc+technical+support&aqs=chrome..69i57.9774j0j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us