Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18634

Contact Fiat.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3523
.....while they still exist as a brand in the US.

Sorry, but even though we now have FCA, that particular brand may be going away,
this being the 2nd or 3rd try in the US Market. I tend to like the quirky little 500, but
looking at the market, they'd have been better off bringing over some kind of SUV.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18635

They have two SUV's. The 500L is kind of a bust but the newer 500X compact SUV is doing well in the US having sold in respectable #'s considering the shallow dealer penetration across the US. Like Fiat's 124 and the Mazda Miata it shares overall design with, the Italian version looks and sounds much better. It's a subjective opinion but a lot of reviewers feel it drives better too. It shares parts and overall design with Jeep's compact SUV, the Renegade.

Fiat's no longer doing much TV advertising, which is too bad IMO; https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7eJu/2014-fiat-500l-big-italian-family

Alfa has one that's been given numerous awards and said to be better than the BMW's and Mercedes. I believe the Stelvio is still considered the quickest SUV sold in America at 0 to 60 mph.

I don't think Fiat will go away in the US though I don't feel they are growing in the US.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3525
The Stelvio is Nice but the Top Model goes for 80,000$ and change.....But you do get that wonderful 500hp Turbo V6.
The Guilia is the same platform, with some mods. And a similar pricing schedule.
You CAN get into the 4cyl in various levels and probably can make it happen for 45,000$, fairly well equipped.

If I won the lotto? Lexus LC500 is the short-list leader. WOW.

The Fiata has mixed reviews. They use a few last generation parts, I think the 6spd manual is among them.
I personally like the minimalism of the original Mazda. The middle, 'club' version is nice. As it turns out, I really like the
Mazda 6 speed auto, so I'd get it equipped THAT way. But than you CAN'T get the Torson Limited Slip differential. My racing days are DONE.

In any event, my memory of the original 124, with that wonderful twin-cam, is that of the Cream exterior with Tan interior. That is so attractive I'd get one
of those......if it came on the new Fiata, so beit.

I've got interior shots on my phone of both the MX-5 and the 124 and they are Very nearly identical. Same layout / setup.

Pretty powerful company, FCA, so you may be right. IF they survive this SUV lunacy we're currently enduring.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us