NAD 7220PE Advice - Please help

Username: Losangelesman

USA

Post Number: 1
Hi, I just bought a NAD 7220PE off eBay. Need some advice from someone.
I thought it would be easy to amplify an HDTV through the 7220PE but it hasn't been the case. Tried an optical to RCA converter, but it didn't work.
Anyone know how to do this? Also, how to hook up an iPod/iPhone? Since there's no AUX input I'm sort of at a loss.

Thanks!
Hans

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17865

Your post leaves a lot of uncovered territory. If you're using a cable TV or satellite receiver, you should run your outputs from that to the receiver. But, without more information, I don't know what else you need to do.

You assume we all automatically know what that receiver has as far as inputs/outputs, processing, etc. NAD has changed model lines every year for the last three decades, keeping up with model numbers is impossible. It's all in the owner's manuals to these items. If you don't have them, you can find them on line.

The same problems exist with your iPod/iPhone question. You can run a connection from the headphone output to any line level input on the receiver but that's lower quality sound. Better sound quality comes by using an outboard DAC (digital to analog) converter.

http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/a-dac-brings-hi-fi-to-the-iphone/ ?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

You still must determine which cables fit your application since Apple has changed those connections over the years. Take your phone or player to an Apple store or an Apple retailer and ask for their help.

Most any NAD retailer should be willing to show you how to connect your receiver if you take in the owner's manuals so they know what options you have available.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us