Technics SL-23 problems...........

Username: Lethomas

Calif. Conus

Post Number: 2

Calif. Conus

Post Number: 1

Lethomas posted on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 07:48 pm
I have a Technics SL-23, I received after my Dads passing. It probably sat many a year. When I got it, it first would not spin .... belt was in pieces, cleaned & replaced....OK. Then the speeds were intermittent ..... cleaned & lubed the pots....better. NOW the unit won't shut off, the micro switch is good... it appears the linkage is not going far enough back to engage switch, BUT the tonearm goes back to its stand and sits down just fine....but still won't shut off. Does anybody have a timing guide or mechanical pix of under the platter and under the table ...the main gear and linkages appear to be OK, perhaps something is in the wrong place or missing ???? I blame "time" and sitting, BUT it could have been a problem when my Dad was alive and he just stopped using it. ANY help or direction on this would be a great help. Thanx

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17504

Is there a question in there? Or, are you just paying tribute to an old post?

Calif. Conus

Post Number: 3
Yes , this is an old posted message .... I never got any follow up , a lot of time has passed, I just thought it would help to re-post.

I think this is a question :
"Does anybody have a timing guide or mechanical pix of under the platter and under the table ...the main gear and linkages appear to be OK, perhaps something is in the wrong place or missing ??"

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17507

Waiting three years would, I'd say, be very patient of you.

Changing your username is tricky though.

Sorry, no technical manuals are being kept here. Try a search engine for "Technics SL23 service manual" and you'll probably find a hit or two which will lead you to a technician.

You might also look through the archived threads here to see if any suit your needs.

Calif. Conus

Post Number: 4
thanx , i will try searching again.
I may have to actually "buy" one........ :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums