A/d/s CC4 tuner

Username: Volks

Post Number: 1
Hi there all. I have an a/d/s CC4 tuner and PA4 amp.
Recently I have been unable to reset the tuner after a power outage.
Anyone know anything about this otherwise great stereo pruduct ?

Username: Ca_1

I've a full stack of a/d/s components and have identical problem with my CC4 after a power interruption. Found a work-around; after (several) fast power off-on cycle it will sometimes go into normal working mode and then operate properly. As long as it thereafter stays on it continues to work properly.

Regarding repair:
1) I have the CC4 electronics schematic but haven't had time to do the tech work myself. Lemme know if you're interested in a copy of the schematic. Probably a fault in the electronics for power-up and state initialization.

2) Trolling the web - found a guy that worked at a/d/s (Wilmington, MA) back in the 80's and he acquired a/d/s inventory when Braun sold a/d/s to DEI in 2000. I asked him if he has a referral for CC4 repair.

Username: Ca_1

Post Number: 2
Try this remedy for a/d/s CC4 that stops working after power interruption.}

Workaround: After (several) fast power off-on cycle (power plug in/out of wall receptacle) CC4 will sometimes go into normal standby mode and then when you hit power switch it will operate properly. As long as it thereafter stays plugged-in, it will continue to work properly.

Self Fix: Leave CC4 powered-on in normal standby mode for couple weeks. Don't know what my CC4 did, but it fixed itself.

Electronic Fix: Found a tech that knows a/d/s stereo components and willing to talk about and work on CC4. Jack 203-600-1254 daxs111@comcast.net

Username: Luke_631

I had the same thing happen and I had to take mine to an electronics shop to get it fixed. I don't know what the bill is going to be yet as I still have the hinge of the little door that folds down that has all those buttons behind it that is also broken on mine and I'm looking for one to buy for spare parts so if you decide not to get yours fixed let me know if you would like to sell it. QGYOUNG@EMBARQMAIL.COM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us