ITunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Username: Hypnotix

Post Number: 1
what does that mean helppp!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8785
It means that your iTunes is not working properly on your computer.

Try re-installing the program.

What OS are you using?

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 161
This usually happens when you have a virus on your computer.
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 162
If it does turn out to be a virus you will have to run a virus scan.

Username: Rubens63

I don't think it's a virus because I was just using the previous version without a problem until I decided to upgrade it.
Now I'm getting this annoying message
"iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and nobody from Apple Support is able to help me with the problem. Very frustrating.

Username: Joey0918

Will I lose all of my music if I reinstall iTunes on my computer?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14079
Not if you have them backed up to a separate drive. iTunes is only a program and re-installing it should not affect your music files. But to be safe, first locate all your music files and back them up to a disc or a removable hard drive.

Username: Shoe4hp

Eugene, Oregon United States

i need help, my itunes and quicktime arent working. no one will help me, not aplle, or microsft or anyone. the stupid apple people made me get rid of itunes and quicktime, quictime wouldnt be deleted but itunes is gone, it cant go back on now,. before it was saying "itunes has encountered a problem...." dont tell me to go to a website to uninstall because ive tried it too many times. please help

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15141
What is your operating system?

Username: Buckieneers

Scotland

Couldn`t open itunes for over 2 months same message then solved it in two minutes. Delete all references on computer for Apple, itunes, i pod, quick time and real player. Switch off restart then reinstall as follows, real player first, then quicktime from apple on its own then i tunes. Whistling dixie in no time. Appears conflict may be between real player and quicktime both from apple.

Username: Soloymi

TUTORIAL FOR COMPLETE ITUNES
REMOVAL/CLEAN FROM COMPUTER

If your ITUNES for some reason not working, here is a tutorial how to completly clean
your computer from Itunes, and fresh install it again.

Problems that this tutorial fix:
-iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close
-iTunes cannot install
-iTunes not working
-iTunes .....

1. Download "WINDOWS INSTALLER UNINSTALLER CLEAN UP" and install from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
2. Select and Remove Itunes, Apple software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support,
Bonjour.
3. Uninstall all that from Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.
4. Download "REGISTRY CRAWLER" from http://www.4dev.com/software/regc.exe
and install
5. Start Registry Crawler, and in Where to Search select all (keys, values, hkey_users, hkey_current_user, all......)
6. In Search For type "apple" and delete all entries, than type "itunes" and delete all entries
6a. If for some reason you cannot delete the selected entries you folow this procedure:
- Double click on selected entries in Registry Crawler (the regedit.exe will open point to the selected entry.
- On that entry right click, and select "Permissions" and than 'Full Control" - Alow...

7. You deleted all entries in registry for Apple and Itunes
8. Click Start, than Search..Select to search in drive where windows folder is.
9. Type "apple" and delete all files that have that name
10. Type "itunes" and delete all files that have that name
11. That's it...You seccessfully clean your computer from ITUNES.
12. Now install Itunes from www.itunes.com

Tutorial by Soloymi

Username: Lizziebathory

I had this same problem and finally fixed it. And it was so simple. Try doing a system restore on your computer to an earlier date when you knew iTunes was working fine. Worked without a hitch for me. If you do the restore and it tells you it wasn't able to restore your computer to that date, try restoring it to a date closer to the present date. Hope this works for the rest of you.

Username: The_hendo

Post Number: 2
That was an excellent tutorial, Nema. I followed all the steps you outlines and it fixed the problem I was having with iTunes - similar to lesley gamayon. Anyway, great info, thanks for sharing.

Username: Gopherash

i've had similar problems lately, for some reason having come back to itunes today after a few months it no longer worked.

After following Nemas solution that also didnt work but an adaptation of nemas and william davidsons did.

Follow Nemas instructions but as microsoft has taken down the utility mentioned there just delete everything related to itunes, apple AND quicktime from your computer using the add remove programs utility, and also by searching for "apple", "itunes" and "quicktime" in the search tool.

The link to reg crawler no longer works so here is a new one http://www.brothersoft.com/registry-crawler-5441.html

with registry crawler follow nema's steps but include quicktime in your search. get rid of all quicktime references in addition to apple ones and itunes ones

Then using william davidson's suggestion install quicktime on its own first, followed by the latest itunes install. i found realplayer wasn't necessary unless you require it, in which case install that before anything else.

After hours of fannying around i wept with delight when i saw the itunes terms of service screen come up. job done. thanks to all whose suggestions helped me sort this

Username: Bisco_42

My iTunes runs fine until I try to convert a podcast through iTunes U to my iPod, then this error appears, the same thing happens when I try to move to a different point during the podcast, I tried uninstalling iTunes, quicktime, and real player and reinstalling them and it still does it, does anyone know how to fix this?

Username: Tuliochalb

I tried everything for more than a month, but I could only fix it after uninstalling Real Player:
1)unisntall itunes;
2)uninstall real player;
3)install itunes!

It worked for me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16207
iTunes and Realplayer do not always play well together.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us