BOSE Lifestyle 5 Series III 5pin DIN connection

Username: Rishan1

Post Number: 2
Hi Mark,

Looks like you're 'Guru' for the Bose systems,

I have old model Lifestyle 5 Series III base module ( Subwoofer) it has a 5pin DIN connector and two speaker out connectors ( like RCA type)

and I have Harman Kardon Receiver I need to connect only the Bose subwoofer to my receiver. ( I have connected Bose 301 speakers separately)

I don't have any cable to connect and do you have any idea what could be the 5pin DIN cable connection? I could make a one for this.

some article says 5pin DIN connection like this,

1= +12 volt don't need it
2= R- and L-
3= L+
5= R

but I need an expert advice on this.

Username: Builder68

Post Number: 1
Thanks for posting. I used your configuration and it appears to be correct. Using another site, I learned the numbering of the socket holes are (holes facing you, with the holes forming an upward arch):

From the left: 1-4-2-5-3

#2 is the middle and the common ground
#5 is the right (+)
#3 is the left (+)

I used a Radio Shack 5-pin MIDI cable. It had five wires: The shield = #2, the black wire = #3 and the yellow wire = #5.

Hope this helps.

Username: Pyizin

Post Number: 1
Looks like you're 'Guru' for the Bose systems,

I have old model Lifestyle 5 Series III base module ( Subwoofer) it has a 5pin DIN connector and two speaker out connectors ( like RCA type)

and I have Harman Kardon Receiver I need to connect only the Bose subwoofer to my receiver. ( I have connected Bose 301 speakers separately)

I don't have any cable to connect and do you have any idea what could be the 5pin DIN cable connection? I could make a one for this.

some article says 5pin DIN connection like this,

1= +12 volt don't need it
2= R- and L-
3= L+
5= R

but I need an expert advice on this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message