How to power a sonos zone with decent speakers

Username: Sleepy_biz

Post Number: 2
Im adding onto my existing sonos system and want to achieve excellent sound quality. I'm thinking onwall speakers (totem tribe or something similar ) and looking for opinions on how to beat power them. An integrated amp from peachtree - nova , looks interesting and almost made for sonos. Any thoughts on using the nova device or any other integrated amps that may work well to power decent onwall/inwall speakers for use with sonos. Budget around 1,000 or so.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1775
I've heard a couple of Peachtree systems and found them very impressive. If memory serves, the top system includes a subwoofer. I have not heard Nova yet.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17422

If you can afford the Peachtree unit, you really can't do better. You can do something different, but you can't do better IMO. Considering your use of on wall speakers though, you might want to consider their less expensive DAC-it with a more conventional integrated amplifier or even a small T amp system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1996
RJ

Username: Sleepy_biz

Post Number: 2

Sleepy_biz posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 21:19 GMT

Im adding onto my existing sonos system and want to achieve excellent sound quality. I'm thinking onwall speakers (totem tribe or something similar ) and looking for opinions on how to beat power them. An integrated amp from peachtree - nova , looks interesting and almost made for sonos. Any thoughts on using the nova device or any other integrated amps that may work well to power decent onwall/inwall speakers for use with sonos. Budget around 1,000 or so.
Thanks

superjazzyJa(me)s

Gold Member

Post Number: 1775

Superjazzyjames posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:59 GMT

I've heard a couple of Peachtree systems and found them very impressive. If memory serves, the top system includes a subwoofer. I have not heard Nova yet.

Jan Vigne

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17422

Jan_b_vigne posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 00:28 GMT

If you can afford the Peachtree unit, you really can't do better. You can do something different, but you can't do better IMO. Considering your use of on wall speakers though, you might want to consider their less expensive DAC-it with a more conventional integrated amplifier or even a small T amp system.

The question was asked and answered in December. I'd imagine the Op has purchased something by now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us