Rel T-3 vs. MartinLogan Dynamo (Art?)

Silver Member
Username: Mrtomasulo

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 154
Any thoughts about how these two compare?

Art, you owned both -- can you share why you like or dislike each one?

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13990
This weekend I can, at work now. I can say briefly that the REL is a better sub, just needs careful placement...like all speakers. If I were in the market again I would look at the T series REL's. I was too hasty in switching last time I owned one.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 155
>>If I were in the market again I would look at the T series REL's. I was too hasty in switching last time I owned one.<<<

Thanks, Art. This is good news to me. Between the time of my first post and your response I picked up a Rel T-2 off ebay at a pretty bargain price. Still awaiting its arrival.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13991
Post your impressions once you get it set up...enjoy!

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 158
Wow, my speaker upgraditis may be cured (momentarily).

My Rel T-2 arrived Monday, and the custom neutrik speakon cable for it (not included in sub deal) came yesterday. Only had some brief time with it last night which was enough to make me slightly giddy.

Not exactly still giddy today -- spending a lot of time trying to integrate it right -- but am still really loving it. I've definitely not had a piece of equipment like this before. It brings a very "professional" sort of sound to my system (whatever that means), adding a lot of presence and depth to the music.

I'm especially surprised by just how *precise* this thing "hits" when it plays.

And after hearing it, and in spite of my own fondness for my VR2s, I think my speakers definitely were in need of this kind of low-end support.

I am very, very pleased. I'm sure an R-series would've been even better, but at the price I got this it was no-brainer.

This doesn't mean I might not pick up some Rega R-3s or R-5s still if I find them both supercheap and in rosenut -- even though Art slags them a little now ;) (saw your comments on audiokarma).......... ;)

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14037
I wouldn't say I slag them, I'd simply say you may be better off trying...oh say the RS series. Enjoy the sub!

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 159
Hehe, thanks Art. I was just trying to goad you into some suggestions like that.

A final comment I'd make on the sub -- it's simply a lot better than I expected.

That's always good thing.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 163
nm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message