Used turntable, Technics DC Servo, No clue what I am doing

Username: Cowboys703

Post Number: 1
So my mom picked this up for me at a yard sale for christmas and I have no idea what to do with it now. I know I need a receiver and speakers but I am not really sure what I am looking for. Planning on hitting up the pawn shop (since I am a poor college student) and I want to be able to find what I need without going broke. Also, it would be nice to be able to trick the dude at the counter into thinking I know what I'm talking about

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1104
The receiver will need a phono input. This sould include a moving magnetic phono stage. As long as you are buying a receiver made by a reputable company; Technics, Fischer, Denon, Sony, Rotel, HK, etc. this won't be an issue that you need to be concerned with. Just make sure it has the phono input with a ground post (screw) for the ground wire and there might be reference to a magnetic cartridge near the input jacks.

The receiver and speakers should be a combination that sounds good to you. For college dorm, bookshelf speakers are the way to go. Personally, I think shelf spkrs sound better than floor speakers, but that's personal taste. You also want to avoid buying equipment that's likely to get stolen. You just want something to get you through a semester at a time. You might want to consider a cd play or iPod with a dock instead of a turntable. Records are likely to get stolen too. You can keep an iPod on your person when at class, library, etc. You can't exactly stow a record or even cd collection like that.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info. Pretty much what I was looking for here.

I have the whole iPod thing. I just always thought records were kinda cool and wanted to try and get into them.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15652
Once you are in, you never get out...

Welcome.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1105
I used to be into records. Personally, I think cds sound better. From 83 to 87, the jury was out. The only real difference I had noticed in that time was the fact that the noise floor on cds was inaudiable. Then a neighbor did a demo for me that put cds in the winner's circle. With his speakers a good distance from the rack and on top of leftover pieces of carpet just so feedback could not be blamed, he played samples of several tracks from albums he had on both record and cd. With the albums, the bass drum was in the weak to non-existant range. The highs were a little better, but not too much. On cd, the bass drum could be heard tight and clear and the cones of the woofers could be seen moving with it. The highs were clean and clear. Recently, I've heard some records that sound closer to cd quality, but not quite. I know people allude to the perceived "warmth" of records, but I'm into accuracy. You gotta do what works for you.

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1151
Comparing source material (and media) on different sources is a tricky business. Very difficult to tell what you're actually comparing. "Warmth" is only a term James, as is "natural", "neutral", etc. Some people use the term to describe their reference to real music......which might be more "accurate" in fact, at least to them.

"You gotta do what works for you."

Indeed.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15682

If you're near a Best Buy, try this receiver; http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+200W+2.0+Channel+Stereo+Receiver/9693507.p?id=1218151628383&skuId=9693507#tabbed-customerreviews rather than anything from a pawn shop. For the price you get a warranty and exchange privileges. Don't worry about sounding less knowledgeable than the salesperson at Best Buy, that would be difficult no matter what amount you know. Check out their speakers too, the speakers at most pawn shops are typically very low fidelity crap not worth the money they ask. You'll need to make certain the cartridge in the turntable's tonearm is operating and has a decent stylus (needle). Take it by any repair shop and they should be able to check the stylus and balance the tonearm for a few bucks. Playing a LP with a bad stylus or a poorly set up arm/cartridge will only damage the disc.

Post Number: 3
That link doesn't bring up a specific product, just the bestbuy website.

And I agree on the knowledge of the typical Besbuy floor people.

Post Number: 4
Been looking on eBay. Was recommended to look at the Pioneer sx 434, 535, 580, 636, or 550. Found these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D270684409252&ssPageName=S TRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1233wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D180603375188&ssPageName=S TRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_531wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D110626920975&ssPageName=S TRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3813wt_1139

Are these worth it for a noob like me? I was also directed towards these speakers http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-652&vReviewShow=1#re views

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1969
I had a Pioneer Receiver of nearly that vintage...
An SX-727 and it was terrible. The SX-X3X series is probably a model year newer...
Be careful with records in dorm rooms. Roomies / 'friends' and drop-ins can be really hard on stereo. Not to mention the typical dorm room is a little short on space and table space in particular. I'd go CD for the dorm room and keep track of the TT for either home or after graduation use.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?miscrcvr&1297147900&/Sansui-5050

Nice, old Sansui of 70's vintage. And I think Audiogon is better to deal thru than E-pray.

Post Number: 5
Out of the dorm room and have my own place with a couple friends, definitely would not be considering this if I was in a dorm.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15683

Sorry, the receiver is a $79 Insignia, Best Buy's house brand.

Going "vintage" presents several problems. The most obvious is service, no shop wants to work on vintage gear unless they specialize in vintage gear. So you'll probably end up either shipping the unit off for service which will increase your cost or you'll scrap it should it develop problems due to the cost and hassle of repairs. Vintage gear is very likely to have been pulled out of storage to get the seller some quick cash which means capacitors have dried out over time while the unit sat in storage. If the person selling the gear doesn't know better, they'll just plug the amp into a wall outlet and declare it operational because it makes sound - at the moment. This approach almost always guarantees a problem will develop in the amplifier within a few weeks of the new ownership. Buying vintage is fine but only if both parties understand the issues with vintage gear. The old style of controls on receivers like a Pioneer "SX" series are prone to dirt accumulation and oxidation which will require cleaning and possible replacement. While new "electronic" controls also have issues, they were designed not to need the type of service which was always a problem with low priced gear from before the 1990's.

I agree with leo that buying audio - and especially vintage audio - through eBay is asking for trouble. IMO, buying vintage is a problem unless you have someone to guide you through the maze toward a reasonable product. We can't do that here other than to give you blanket warnings. Buying something just because it's cheap is probably the worst thing you can do. A warranty doesn't mean things will be trouble free for all time but it gives you a cushion to use when you hit the ground. For the price of the BB receiver, buy the extended warranty and they'll give you a new receiver if they can't fix yours. Pair it with their Insignia speakers and you'll have music - if the table works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1112
Even in a place with friend(s), you have to be careful about who comes in & out. Friends of friends, their friends, girl friends, bothers of friends of friends' girl friends, etc. You never know who will do what.

I have to agree with Jan, getting new is better all around.

Chris, all I can tell you is that the cds won every time in this demo. I should mention here that the cd player, turntable and receiver were all made by Fischer. So the quality of parts is as consistant as can be expected (cd preamp and phono stage). I don't see what's tricky about this demo.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15688

A CD player beat out any Fischer turntable?!!!

With carpet underneath?!!!

The bass sounded thin?

With carpet underneath the turntable?!!!

NO!!!

Through Fischer speakers, I suppose?

James, maybe you want to do the same exercise with equipment that actually makes the music sound good. Your example's kinda like saying you prefer Burger King to Whattaburger, especially when it come to their 64oz. fountain drinks.

Not trying to start anything here, james, but your comments don't really have anything to do with the op's question. He's got a turntable, why tell him it's not as good as something else he doesn't have? Did he ask for that advice? C'mon, james, help him with his needs and he'll be happy. Tell him his mom just gave him something he shouldn't like and, what have you accomplished?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1117
Jan, the speakers were on carpet for demo purposes only, the turntable was on the top shelf of the rack. I never mentioned carpet under the tt. Please try reading more carefully. Thank you.

My post there was in response to Nuck saying "Once you're in, you're never out." to the op. I was telling Nuck that I was into records once and am no longer into them and why. I'll be the first to encourage anyone to try anything for him/herself. You don't what you'll like until you try it.

I just don't know what to make of you Jan, but this last post of yours was very entertaining.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1118
and it's not about a cd player beating a turntable, it's cds beating records.

You don't want to start anything? That's real easy Jan. Read what I actually type, get the point and respond accordingly. If you ever start doing just that, you and I will have no issues. Every post of mine you've responded to, is a clear example of missing my point and responding to something that has no connection whatsoever to what I said. Never once did I mention anything even remotely similar to a turntable being on top of carpet. Where the motherf*** did you get that?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15690

I see, it was the speakers that were on pieces of carpet.

Just so feedback couldn't be blamed ...

So, what do you think of McDonald's catsup?

It doesn't matter what was on or off the carpet, james. Try listening with decent equipment in a decent test before you make such sweeping statements about a technology the op has and wants to use. I can't think of a low fidelity turntable that can't be bettered by even a $99 CD player. That wasn't the op's question. He has a Technics table and wants to have some sound.

The op didn't ask about CD compared to LP on a low-fi (rack) system. He wanted a recommendation for a receiver and speakers. His mother had given him a turntable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1119
Just so feedback couldn't be blamed? yes!

What do I think of McDonald's catsup? Catsup, catchup, ketchup, any way you spell it, all ketchup SUCKS!

Again I was responding to what NUCK said. I was not in anyway trying to disuade Cowboys from using his turntable.

So you think I should do what now? Try listening to records vs cds on equipment costing how much? A few hundred per component? $1000 each? $5k each? The results will be different? I'm sure the records would sound better on a better system as would the cds. I'm reasonably certain I'd like the cds better than the records regardless of the system they're played on. I've since heard both records and cds on better systems. Unfortunately, the opportunity to compare the same album on both media has not presented itself since then.

Fischer is what the neighbor had. He told me to tell you he's very sorry for having not been a millionaire in 1987. He's not one now either. I only mentioned brand name to indicate that the quality, or lack there of was as consistant as could be expected. Brand of speakers? Who cares?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15823
Hmmm!

Catch up!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1122
I think he's a lost cause Plym. I really do.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15691

What do you do, james? Every time I criticize something you've said, do you run to another person to tell them what I've said? You have your student friend who thinks 99% of what I post is wrong and now your friend with the Fischer system from 1987. You are a piece o'work, james.

Before you get yourself all lathered up again for the new year, read what I've posted. When you hear someone say LP's sound "better" than CD's, do you really think they're talking about LP's played on a 1980's Fischer turntable through a 1980's Fischer receiver?

Your friend owned what he owned but to say this was - in 1987 - a fair comparison of formats is hardly credible to anyone. And that this experiment was what tipped you to CD's for the last 20 years is incredible ... no, make that lacking credibility of any kind. What you did proved nothing. That you have accepted the conclusions you drew back then as valid to all audio from that point forward is ... well, unbelievable. That you are so set in your opinions that nothing is ever going to change no matter what new information might be available is just what I would expect from you, james.

"Just so feedback couldn't be blamed? yes!"

OK, let's begin here, putting the speakers on carpet pieces is not going to do anything to prevent feedback. You may have thought so at the time and you might even still think so now, but you are wrong. The frequencies which cause feedback in a turntable are not going to be suppressed by a piece of carpet under the speaker. Additionally, you are ignoring both the airborne feedback caused by those pressure waves within the room generated by the speakers and the mechanical feedback of a lousy turntable's own systems sitting on a rack outfittted with 1980's Fischer equipment. This is not the place to go into what makes a decent turntable - or a decent rack for that matter - but I do believe I will find no one on this forum who would conclude a 1980's Fischer table could be considered even minimally capable of fulfilling the requirements. Placing speakers directly on carpet is one of the least good choices for high quality set up - that's why you place speakers on spikes which pierce carpet to provide a secure footing. To have both the LP and CD hobbled by an equally crappy set up doesn't make each system equal in how poorly it might respond. Who cares which speakers were used? Or speaker cable - the 22 AWG stranded crap that was thrown in with the receiver? - well, considering the rest of the "test system", you're right. Who does care? I wouldn't expect the speakers to be any better than the table and receiver so it really doesn't matter since the comparison had so many other problems that the speaker brand is not at all important and actually is probably best left unmentioned.

You ignore the cartridge which would be fitted to a 1980's Fischer turntable (rack system?) and the quality of the phono pre amp in the Fischer receiver. They are crap. The turntable is crap. The receiver is crap. And, if you think setting the speakers on carpet would eliminate feedback as a consideration in the comparison, then I can't imagine the actual set up of "the rack" lent itself to good performance from any component but most specifically not from the turntable.

You don't mention it but I'm going to guess you also had no idea whether the CD and the LP should have sounded identical. This is 1987 according to your recounting of events and the majority of LP's didn't sound very good as the manufacturers were phasing out LP's, using crappy vinyl and not caring much about quality and many of the CD's had been engineered or re-engineered to a sound that was "CD-ish". So you had no idea whether what you heard ... "The highs were a little better, but not too much. On cd, the bass drum could be heard tight and clear and the cones of the woofers could be seen moving with it. The highs were clean and clear" ... was due to the quality of set up, the performance of the cartidge or the phono pre amp or the speakers setting on carpet or that the two discs simply weren't going to sound alike no matter the equipment and set up. You considered the woofers moving to be an indication of better sound?

"So you think I should do what now? Try listening to records vs cds on equipment costing how much? A few hundred per component? $1000 each? $5k each? The results will be different?"

If the woofers moving is something you consider to be an indicator of better quality sound reproduction, then possibly the results won't matter any more on better equipment than they did on 1980's Fischer back when you made up your mind over 20 years ago.

"I'm reasonably certain I'd like the cds better than the records regardless of the system they're played on."

OK then, no, if you've already made up your mind what the results will be before you even perform the experiment, the results won't be any different. In most cases unless you are open to the possibility you have been wrong you will have already shut your mind to any other information and you will be unwilling to change your opinion. Admitting you might be wrong and changing your opinion are not your strong suites, james. If your concept of LP sound is "warm", and you want to see the woofers move, then I'm also "reasonably certain" you won't hear what LP's have to offer. And, if you actually think this, "and it's not about a cd player beating a turntable, it's cds beating records", then it's not about anything at all, most of all not about your opinion of the two formats.

"I don't see what's tricky about this demo."

Of course you don't. And that's the problem with both the demo and the conclusions you might reach.

To address your question regarding cost of the components, I've already answered that question - "maybe you want to do the same exercise with equipment that actually makes the music sound good." All that means is you need to compare quality components of equal capacity. You take a turntable that is regarded as a musical player and you outfit it with a cartridge and cables which most seasoned listeners would consider to be balanced and representative of the money spent vs the musical performance obtained. Cost is not the issue other than you need to spend a sufficient amount that you can at least have products which are worth comparing for their musical values. A 1980's Fischer turntable does not qualify. The point being you can compare any price range as long as you are comparing like to like and you have attended to the needs of each component.

In other words, you set up a quality product to do its best. If you think you need pieces of carpet under the speakers "just so feedback could not be blamed", then that is not the test equipment or the set up that will tell you anything. You don't pick a cartridge or a phono pre amp that will skew the results in one direction or the other - you actually make an attempt at a fair comparison. The cartridge and pre amp in a 1980's Fisher system do not qualify. Neither does the receiver. Racks are notorious for their bad sound, particularly when you are using a turntable - so you don't use a rack that disadvantages the turntable. You clean the discs, both LP and CD and you make an effort to have both components shown in their best light. If you don't care about the set up and making the comparison fair, then you don't care about the results and neither should we.

Then you select discs which you know to be equivalents, high quality discs which benefit each player equally and which should be equals in sound quality. You make an attempt at making the comparison fair. You match levels carefully since even a 0.5dB increase from one source can sway your opinion of the performance. And, after you have everything which might influence the results accounted for; cables, routing, isolation, coupling, speaker placement, etc. you listen to the music. You don't watch the woofers move and you are aware of more than, "The highs were clean and clear". If that's were your perception of music stops, james, then you're welcome to the conclusions you draw but they are not what serious listeners are discussing when they speak of LP's superior musicality and realism. This is not the place to go into the performance of a high quality music system but "clean highs" are pretty much left behind when you get beyond the performance of a 1980's Fischer system.

Offhand, I would say you need to be comparing the performance of two components with a similar house sound whose components should be comparable both in overall quality and in what the designers were aiming for in music reproduction. Otherwise, to compare a Linn table with a Dynavector cartridge through a Conrad Johnson phono pre amp will completely skew the results of any comparison against any CD player. That doesn't mean that set up won't sound better than a CD player to its owner, just that the combination of components would not be a good choice for the sort of comparison you should try to make unless you are intimately familiar with the sound of that system and can make the mental compensations for the sound of each component in the chain. The likes of a Rega table against a NAD CD player would also be a less than great comparison due to the inherent differences in what the respective designers were intending in each system.

A Rega table with a Rega CD player would be a fair comparison for you as long as you can agree on the quality of the cartridge and pre amp included in the comparison. The point being you cannot compare components which are not to your ear musical and well balanced between the choices you will make. You need to be fair and you need to be confident you are not choosing an already existing preference due to some factor outside of the LP/CD comparison. Then you need to listen. You need to set your prejudices aside and be open to what transpires. You also need to get beyond, "The highs were clean and clear". That's where the differences in the formats will most often be found in today's players, not in "clean highs" but in the music and in the qualities which make the music more compelling and believable as performers existing in real time and not just as recorded sounds strung together.

I doubt you will find any shop that will do such a comparison for you, the debate has been settled a long time ago that each format has its strengths and weaknesses. And, without trying to insult you, I don't think your perception of high quality audio systems is too far beyond "The highs were clean and clear". That's not a putdown, james, that's just saying you have things to experience that you appear not to know about at this time. If you haven't had the experience, you cannot be expected to understand what you are hearing.

I know you were responding to Nuck's post. But the op wants to know how to make the turntable his mother gave him make music. Your experience with a Fischer turntable in 1987 - particularly the experience you describe as your "watershed" moment that has resulted in over 20 years of unquestioning faith - has nothing to do with the op's question and implies he shouldn't waste his time with the table his mom gave him. So, instead of getting your p@nties in a wad, why not just help the op and consider that your experience with the Fischer might not be the game breaker you thought it was?

OK?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15694

http://www.youtube.com/user/xtranormal#p/a/f/0/FL7yD-0pqZg

Gold Member

Post Number: 1126
No I don't tell someone else every time you criticize me, obviously. And you call me a piece o' work? Look in the mirror, you'll see the biggest one of all. I've never been much of a drinker Jan, but you sure are driving me to drink!

Apparently, Cowboys has gotten all the help he feels he needs for now. So, the topic of the thread has shifted. It happens all the time in here and you've certainly been a member here long enough to know that. So get over it already!

Putting speakers on carpet wasn't all that was done to eliminate feedback. I'll let you read again and see if you can find it.

You don't see the importance of woofer cone movement?

I have stated things many times before that make it clear that my assesment of sound quality goes far beyond what I pointed out here. These were just the weakest points in the sound of the records.

What would you suggest I use to compare cds w/records? Since my receiver and naturally, the phono stage therein are Denon, get a Denon cd player? Then get a $300 turntable and have it outfitted with which cartridge? Which stylus?

I wouldn't mind your criticism Jan, if it were constructive. Most it's not though. You criticize me for doing things you've done, including the use of analogies, for the number of posts I've made? Seriously? Who cares? And for not agreeing with every single last little detail of everything you say. Personally, I think you have a sick facination with attacking everything I say. You can't handle the fact that I don't bow down and worship you like everyone else does. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! You need psychiatric help Jan.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15695

Jan: The equipment you used for comparison was crap.

james: I don't care.

Jan: You can't make valid comparisons using crap equipment.

Jan: You can't eliminate feedback by using carpet under the speakers.

Jan: Carpet under speakers is actually bad for the sound.

Jan: You need to use good equipment properly set up.

Jan: You need to use high quality discs which you have verified should sound alike for the comparison.

Jan: How much the woofers move is not an indication of quality of sound.

Jan: There's more to quality music reproduction than "clean highs" and "tight bass".

Jan: Children should not be forced to grow up where such stupidity is allowed.

james: You can't handle the fact that I don't bow down and worship you like everyone else does.

rotflmao

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15696

james: http://www.youtube.com/user/xtranormal#p/f/28/murR1EW7NCI

Gold Member

Post Number: 1133
I never said that I don't care with regards to anything. The speakers being on carpet was not my idea and it was only a temp. arrangement for the demo. I never said or implied that woofer cone movement relates to sound quality. I'm not at all surprised that you missed what I was getting at there. Your last two posts in this thread prove only that there is something seriously wrong with you.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15698

" On cd, the bass drum could be heard tight and clear and the cones of the woofers could be seen moving with it."

"You don't see the importance of woofer cone movement?"

"I never said or implied that woofer cone movement relates to sound quality"

"I'm not at all surprised that you missed what I was getting at there."

still rotflmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 1135
You've missed the point again Jan! You're a hopeless moron! Clearly you are not capable of thinking outside the box. Yes, I made reference to cone movement, but I did not make any connection to sound quality.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15699

james: http://www.youtube.com/user/xtranormal#p/f/28/murR1EW7NCI

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
Nuck: Once you're in, you're never out.

James: I used to be into records....

Jan: That's not what the op asked about James. Do you prefer burger king 64 oz drinks or what-a-burger 64 oz dinks?

James: I was talking to Nuck, not Cowboys. What do fast food soft drinks have to do with this?

Jan: I know you were talking to Nuck, but that doesn't answer the op 's question. Soft drinks? Duh......I don't know. So what do you think of McDonald's catsup?

James: Cowboys has gotten all the help he wants for now. We've moved on. What's catsup got to do with it?

Jan: How can you talk about woofer cone movement if you won't talk about catsup and the perceived resonant frequency it will have in a tea cup 60 ft from the speaker?

James: You're right Jan! I'd better google that and post the link right away! Btw, your socks are untied!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1140
James: So Jan, what do you think I was getting at when I spoke of woofer cone movement? Any idea of what I was actually talking about?

Jan: Duh,... No idea.

James: What else did the gentleman who performed the test do to prevent feedback from reaching the record needle?

Jan: Duh,.... No clue. I missed that part of your post.

James: The post is still there for you to read.

Jan: Uh...really?

James: Yes Jan, really!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1142
Member 1: I had a white Christmas. Did everybody else?

Member 2: Mine was white!

Member 3: mine too!

Member 4: I had a mixture of snow, sleet & rain.

James: It was cool & sunny in South Texas.

Member 6: It just rained here.

Jan: James, I looked at the weather map and it says you're getting rain today.

James: Yes Jan, it's raining right now, but the op asked about Christmas Day. It was cool and sunny on Christmas Day.

Jan: I see that, but it's rainy there today right?

James: Why are you talking about today? What's that got to do with anything?

Jan: (no answer)

James: Did snow in Dallas on Christmas Jan?

Jan: You never got back to me about the catsup James!

James: Jan! Foget the catsup! Did you have a white Christmas?

Jan: (no answer)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15827
Mmmmh!

Jan!

I admit that you has some knowledge but when I see your kidding posts like those one above, tell me who is the kid?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
He's hopeless Plym, plain & simple.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15701

There's your answer, P.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15829
Yes Jan!

I will not start a endless discussion with you, thing that your are not able to do(discussion) but idiot answers and C/P!

Happy new year both!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
So now Plym, Jan admits to being hopeless. He's very gifted at typing text book length posts without saying anything at all. Otherwise, if you ask a simple question, he'll post an entire encyclopedia that starts of on subject, then spins off into oblivion.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15702

"I will not start a endless discussion with you, thing that your are not able to do(discussion) but idiot answers and C/P!"

Awwwww, P, you hurt me so.

"Jan admits to being hopeless."

I did that?!!!

Nope, that's not what I said.

Go deal with the New Year, james. Go wish someone a good time or do something productive instead of getting yourself worked up over me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1147
I'm not worked up over you Jan. Don't flatter yourself, PLEASE! I'm just laughing at you and sharing the laughs with Plym!

Jan: There's your answer P

James: He admits to being hopeless Plym.

Jan: I never said that. Duh,...uh...you can't fool me, cause I'm a moron!

James: Your socks are untied again Jan.

Jan: Oh thanks James!....(reaches down to tie socks) Wait a minute! Socks don't have laces!

James: You're right Jan, can't fool you, cause you're a moron!

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1161
I see your alter ego is back James. Too bad. The peace and quiet was nice for a while.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1149
My alter ego? Oh, you mean the side of me that Jan brings out! Ever notice the pattern? Jan pesters me, he gets hit with truths he doen't want to deal with. Then, he leaves me alone for a while. Then he gets idle (tool of the devil) and here comes for more. As long as Jan feels a need to attack what I say, he'll get what he deserves for it. Have you ever noticed that I don't issues with other members. When Jan isn't letting his inner child run wild at my expense, all is peaceful.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15708

james, I haven't called you a "moron" or personally insulted you by saying you are "hopeless". I said you were wrong and that your experiment was not really an experiment. I've explained why the comparison was worthless from the start. If your experiment was flawed, then your conclusions are flawed also - you were wrong. I said if you are no further along in your listening skills than "clean highs", then you won't get what LP's have to offer. That's not a putdown or an insult. That's reality.

You don't get any of this, james. You don't get the "I don't care", you don't get the "rotflmao" when you blatantly contradict yourself in your attempts to rationalize away any criticisms of your process. You just become a child lashing out at who you perceive as your tormentor. You embarrass yourself and you destroy whatever credibility you might have on this forum.

You can take that anyway you like, james, I'm sure there's no way you'd ever take it as it was meant.

Laugh, james. Get over yourself. You were wrong, and the experiment didn't prove anything you thought it did. Laugh at your mistakes for a change.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1153
Jan, your entire last post in this thread can be summed up in one word: JIBBERISH!

You need to get over yourself and you need to grow up.

Not get personal, but by what you've said and not said in various posts I've read and by how you conduct yourself, I'm gathering that you've never been married and have no kids. I understand that the lack of responsibility stunts a person's emotional maturity. I've seen this many times. However, you could make an honest effort to act at least a little closer to your age than what you do. It's very disturbing to watch someone who is or at least claims to be older than me act like he's not even in grade school yet.

Again, I am certainly not worked up over you. Quit flattering yourself already.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15831
Jan Vigne
Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14289

Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:31 pm:

OK, Andre, you've convinced yourself. Go build it.

I am amused you can count/observe 12-15 oscillations of the driver per second though.

Just put me in the "seen it before" column.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

Jan Vigne
Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14972

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 10:17 am:

Lesson number one, Andre, most important when you're sticking your hands into...

This kind of answer from Jan is an insult!

Mama Jan talk to her childrens!

Why not let people doing their experiments without always trying to impose your thinking about Hi-Fi!
Why you always put a text long long so long with only few words concerning the true subject!

Politness is not your way of answering, it's a pity that you answer like this because you could be so useful!

Anybody is perfect!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1154
Thank you Plym!

Hey Jan, read Plymouth's post here. He says it all. You have no manners and you are rude and arrogant. Your bombastic approach to "correcting" (yeah, right) people sucks. Then you say, "Oh, take it easy. Don't be offended by everything." Well your way of speaking is offensive, so naturally people get offended. Wow! What a startling revelation!

Laugh at my mistakes? No, I'd rather laugh at you!

Jan: James, will you be my friend?

James: No!

Jan: Why not?

James: Because I don't like you and never have.

Jan: Why? Just because I attack everything you say, miss every point you make, make posts that could fill five encyclopedias each filled with pure jibberish and keep at it relentlessly?

James: Yeah, thay about sums it up....and your mama dresses you funny!

Jan: That's not fair.

James: Life aint fair, suck it up kid!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15710

Nobody needs friends like you two. It's a shame either of you are still here because neither of you are worth sh!t. "Help", P? You guys don't know the meaning of the word. james, you are about the dumbest, most emotionally unstable @sshole I've ever seen. P, you are just an @sshole. Period. What kind of a f'ing idiot are you with those quotes?! Jeeeeezus!

F***koff, guys.

Now, do what @ssholes do, follow me around the forum making everyone's life miserable just to prove you are really @ssholes. What a couple of f'ing jerks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1155
You're also a sore loser Jan!

Flag is thrown, ref blows whistle: Unsportsman like conduct, Jan Vigne of the extremely offensive side. 15 yard penalty and loss of down.

My response to your last post: ROTFLMAO!!! You wanted me to laugh, so I'm laughing!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15835
Jan Vigne
Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15710

Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:07 pm:

Nobody needs friends like you two. It's a shame either of you are still here because neither of you are worth sh!t. "Help", P? You guys don't know the meaning of the word. james, you are about the dumbest, most emotionally unstable @sshole I've ever seen. P, you are just an @sshole. Period. What kind of a f'ing idiot are you with those quotes?! Jeeeeezus!

F***koff, guys.

Now, do what @ssholes do, follow me around the forum making everyone's life miserable just to prove you are really @ssholes. What a couple of f'ing jerks!

Jan

The last time you insulted me, your life was not very funny!

Like usual you are not able to discuss like a men, insults and high ego is your way, we can't change it!

How is your life?
Do you have one?
Are you drunk?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1160
"How's your life? Do have one?" Probably not!

"Are you drunk?" Probably!

Either way, he's just a pathetic worm.

How are things with you Plym?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1162
Jan Vigne's latest approach: Well, if you guys won't be friends, then I don't want you anyway!

Classic sour grapes!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15836
Super

All is well!

The cleaning is made in Sat forum but few troublemakers are back on new nicks!

Don't play his kid game, let him with his usual insults and high ego, the only thing he want is that you lose your patience then you pass for the bad guy!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1163
"All is well." Glad to hear. Any plans for New Year's Eve?

I probably won't go back to sat. I'm not learning what I went there for and I don't want to be caught between you and the fun bunch. Those guys put some crude stuff up there!

As for the game, I am simply standing my ground. As Tom Petty says, "I won't back down."

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15837
Tomorrow I use my big disco system for the party, the biggest of the year, we expect to celebrate till 5 am in the morning and drink some rhum and vodka!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1164
I'd come, but south Texas is a long way from Canada.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15839
Only 4 hours in plane!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165
$ for plane? Aint got it.

You have a happy New Year too Plym.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15714

A friend of your's, P? I want to thank you for all that you've brought to our forum. When do the head lice arrive?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1172
Hey Plym! I just realized this morning what a cold individual Jan is. Dakulus and Chris H are both fans, loyal supporters or whatever you want to call them of Jan. Dak recently became a grandfather and Chris H's sister-in-law died just before Christmas. Did Jan congrat Dak or express condolences to Chris? Of course not!

I spoke to both members even though Chris bashed me for dissagreeing with Jan.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1164
I didn't bash you. Please point that out to me. What I'm imploring you to do is return to civility and adult behavior. If you choose to interpret that as 'bashing' go ahead.

What does congrats or regrets on a particular life event have to do with anything ? You create things that aren't there on one hand James and then ignore words that are obviously there for the reading.

And what does being a 'supporter' of Jan mean anyway ? I don't get that one. I try not to be disrespectful to everyone. Just because you're attacking Jan and I don't join in.....that makes me a 'supporter' does it. I think in another thread you labeled it 'worshiper' or something like that. A backhanded insult really. All because I don't join you and P in your childish taunts and insults. Pathetic.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1173
First off Chris, calling me childish is not only bashing, but also miss placed.

Jan says insulting things to people, not just myself and Plymouth, but most members. Most of you simply take it. Contrary to past accusations, I don't try to change anyone's opinion of Jan. Instead, I try to improve people's opinions of themselves. Why do all of you allow Jan to talk down to and belittle you like that? You don't deserve that crap! What if he really were as knowledgeable as everyone thinks he is? So what? That does not excuse intellectual snobbery. If everyone here spoke to each other as Jan speaks to people, this would be one ugly forum.

Jan repeatedly ignores things I say so that he can accuse me of saying things other than what I actually said. Then, when I point out what he missed, he accuses me of contradicting myself. All of his posts are 5000 times longer than they need to be. To what end? I'll never know.

When a person announces a marriage, birth or other good things, or a death or other missfortune, not to express an appropriate response is the sign of a cold person.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15715

superjazzyJa(me)s
Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:27 pm:
"I can be civil Chris as you have seen. I explained in the phono thread what happened there. I've had an issue with anyone in here except that one individual. If he leaves me alone now, no one will have to see anymore ugliness."

As you point out, james, you have a problem with me. Tell me, who else has "a problem" with me? No one. Just you and P have "a problem" with me. It's not your place to decide how other people respond to me. You do it because you and P have "a problem" with me. Therefore, by your own logic, it's you two who have a problem.

Your problem, james, is you don't know very much about audio. That by itself is not a crime and I've never made an issue of how much or how little anyone individual has obtained. But you know virtually nothing about audio and you continue to prove that with each post. Your crime is you refuse to accept that you know very little about audio and you consider anyone who doesn't agree with you about "sensitivity/efficiency" or the value of a Fischer turntable in audio comparisons to be attacking you. Even when the facts are explained to you, you refuse to accept any knowledge and you resort to calling the person - usually me - a moron. That's a problem you have that no one else on this forum other than P shares.

You lie about sh!t. You claim never to have said the very thing you can be proven to have said, like woofer movement. You lied about being civil if I left you alone. I didn't address you in my post but here you are, having a problem with me. You make up excuses for why you're not wrong about what you don't know; "The speakers being on carpet was not my idea and it was only a temp. arrangement for the demo". You don't care what other sources say which suggest you don't know very much about audio. The fact that I posted them is, to you, me attacking you.

You are emotionally unstable, james. You have problems and from what you have posted here I'm not the only person you've had problems with in your life. You don't know very much and anyone who makes an honest attempt at providing you new information is someone whom I'm sure you have problems with.

You've been told by numerous forum members to cool your attitude. You always have the excuse that you have problems with me. You do, no denying that, you have a problem with me. But you are a liar, you are dishonest, you are not very knowledgeable about audio and you make excuses which pin the blame on everyone else. In short, you are an @ss and an @sshole.

I know you probably haven't even made it this far into this post, you also don't have a very long attention span.

"If everyone here spoke to each other as Jan speaks to people, this would be one ugly forum."

This is becoming an ugly forum, james. You and P have made it an ugly forum because you are both @ssholes. People generally ignore you on this forum because you have nothing to add. I didn't care about your opinions of CD vs LP's until you told us you had made the comparison on a Fischer turntable on a rack. But to point out the flaws in such a comparison enraged you and you became an @sshole again. You are an @sshole and until you realize you're the only one here who has a problem with me and you do something to correct your behavior, this will continue to be an ugly forum because you are an @sshole. I've tried to make allowances for how little you actually know about audio, but I don't make allowances for constant lairs and @ssholes. Fix the problem, james. You're the one with the problem and you're the one who can put an end to it. Grow the F**K UP! Take your meds or do whatever it requires but solve the problem you have. Learn to be civil.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
Of course this includes the obvious requirement that no one else keep the arguement going Jan.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1175
Don't get me wrong Jan, I know you can't control what other members do, but in order for there to be peace, EVERYONE has to cease fire. So, if Chris, Plym, you, me and everyone else stops this, the problem will be stopped.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15716

Go read my edit of my post, james. You tell us now that you're going to stop being an @sshole and you actually stop being an @sshole and accept that you don't know very much and some other people here do - like the fact 1980's Fischer turntables are not reference grade audio - and this will stop. You need to get over your problem with me. Until you accept that someone saying anything contrary to your opinion is not someone trying to attack you, this problem will exist. Until you grow up, this problem will exist. You started this sh!t, you need to end it.

Got it?

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1165
"I don't try to change anyone's opinion of Jan. Instead, I try to improve people's opinions of themselves."

Got a good giggle out of that one. But seriously, stop tryin'. I don't think any of us here need your help. You don't see that you're the ONLY one here that views this situation this way ? Yet you (the ONE) are okey dokey, and the rest of us have the problem ? I'd do a major rethink on that perspective if I were you. When you fail to see what is obvious.....please, stop trying to help. As I've said before, your actions speak only of YOU, not anyone else. You hurling insults and getting your knickers in a twist every time someone says "James, you're mistaken....and here's why...." is what the problem is.

Jan has a very direct approach to providing information. Most people appreciate it. I like frank people myself, which is why I have no problem with straight shooters. You apparently don't like to be challenged on anything you say, so, you know, a forum might not be the place for you. I've heard that opinions and views get challenged on occassion.

This place is about as tame as it gets on the internet dude. If you can't take it here, you're going to have a heck of a time on most other boards.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1176
Jan, your posts #s 15715 & 15716 are 2 more that can be summed up in 1 word: JIBBERISH!

Chris, if you & others really like such treatment, enjoy!

Happy New Year to both of you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1177
Btw Jan, what makes you think I am or was enraged by anything you've said in this thread? I've been laughing at you this whole time because you keep missing my points and touting endless yarns of pure jibberish.

Enraged?!?! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Again, Happy New Year!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15717

"You apparently don't like to be challenged on anything you say ... "

"You create things that aren't there on one hand James and then ignore words that are obviously there for the reading."

" ... you consider anyone who doesn't agree with you ... to be attacking you."

Two people observe identical patterns of behavior in you and you call that "jibberish". You are a piece of work. Yeah, I'd call you enraged, you're so out of control you don't even know it. You might consider this "normal" but I'd call it enraged and quite ugly. You make things miserable for everyone on this forum by following me around to every thread to insert your childish crap. You want to make everyone feel better about themself? Grow up, stop acting like a child and an @sshole and accept facts as they are shown to be.

Why don't I wish everyone this or that when they announce something has happened? Maybe because I don't read each and every post on this forum and, if someone mentions something in a thread I'm not reading, then I'm unlikely to respond, eh? Unlike you, I don't exist in every topic's every thread only to post that, "I don't know anything about ... ". I don't have some bizzare wish to see my name in every thread constantly. So, who I respond to whether on the forum or in private messages is none of your business, james. You think I'm cold? I think the fact you have offspring is scary. Don't get into my personal life.

You have a problem and until you fix it, we will go through this same song and dance. You don't know very much about audio and when you prove it I will say something. You can decide either to continue to be an @sshole and a liar or you can take some well meaning advice and change your behavior. I don't expect much from you, james, you haven't shown that you have much to offer. @ssholes like you seldom change. Everyone else is at fault and you think you're perfect - another fact Chris pointed out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1178
Post # 15717: More jibberish!

I think Barney is on Jan. Why don't you go watch him? Maybe you'll learn something.

Cheers!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1179
As I continue to laugh at you, I must tell this: I NEVER laugh when I'm angry and I'm ROTFLMAO at you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
Hey Jan, what do you think of Taco Cabana refried beans?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15718

They're better than a 1980's Fischer turntable/receiver/CD/speakers on carpet pieces when comparing CD's to LP's. Of course, d@mn near anything is. Of course, you wouldn't know that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
That's nice. How was the episode of Barney?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15721

James, you didn't understand the message - again.

F**K OFF!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
How 'bout them refried beans Jan?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
I think Jan has got himself "lathered up for the new year".

Could he be ENRAGED?!?!"

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15862
Jan and Chris

Everybody can help and post on this forum!

Even James!

If you don't like it you know what to do!

Jan started his game insulting again as usual, there is some proof here and on DIY!

I have no interest to post it again but Jan listed again my name without my replies on his bashing!

I can fight again easily on your attack and useless posts but I'm not a kid!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
He gets all lathered up and enraged after calling me emotionally unstable. It takes a lot of gall to do that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1187
I'm guessing Jan 2 things in his life, work and audio forums.

Thanks for posting all that ridiculos non-sense Jan. I feeling a little stressed, but your jibberish made me laugh all the stress away. Thank you so much Jan. That was very kind of you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1193
"Stay out of my personal life."

Quite frankly Jan, I don't believe you have a personal life. So what is there to get into? New Years Eve: I would bet you stayed home by yourself like the loser you are. You were probably good and smashed by 8pm and passed out by 8:05. By some good fortune, you landed on your side. You in all likelyhood spent New Years day in bed with the hangover from he ll. Or do you not get hangovers anymore? No matter. You spent the day in bed or where ever you landed, living room floor? Hallway? When you see this, you will undoubtedly be very enraged and post an endless barage off jibberish that even you won't be able to make sense out of. In it, you will undoubtedly call me enraged, emotionally unstable and other.insults that actually fit you perfectly all because the truth hurts. I've never met an individual as sick as you Jan. Get help please. Btw how's your liver?

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1172
You're showing yourself James, you know.....who you really are.......and it isn't pretty, is it ? No one else is posting anything, but on, and on, and on, you continue. Talking to nobody. Yelling into the wind. Proving only one thing.....

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15726

New year, same ol' james being an @sshole. And you can't even do that well. Compared to the other real things I deal with daily, you're not even a gnat. I've told you, I've done this dance with experts at it and against them, you're a tiny little flea. A flea I pick off my dog and drown in a can of soapy water. Then I pitch the water in the alley where a garbage truck runs over it and even when there's not enough to identify as a flea, that flea still knows more about audio than you do. And that's your problem here, you don't know sh!t about audio. You didn't know anything about audio in 1987 and you clearly don't know any more about audio today. You're the same as the rest of the @ssholes; instead of spending your time learning about audio, you'd rather just be a j@ckoff to everyone who wants to discuss audio.

"I never said that I don't care with regards to anything."

Yeah, you did. With every post that says you don't know anything about audio, you prove you don't care about knowing anything about audio. It's easier just to be a child and an @sshole. Instead of taking the time to learn something about audio, you run around this forum proving to everyone just how much you don't know about audio. You don't know anything about audio and you don't know enough about how to listen to disucuss what you don't know about audio. It doesn't matter how many high end shops you say you go in or how many posts you make. You still don't know jacksh!t about audio and never will. 'Cause every time someone tries to explain something to you or make a point you don't want to hear, you turn into a liar and an @sshole who starts blaming everyone else for your failure to know anything about audio. You waste everyone's time. You're the little boy who disrupts class rather than learn. How old are you, james? 'Cause you sure act like a boy.

Andre, you mentioned one area of your floor tiled and the rest carpet. I'm guessing the tile is at the front door? So the sub should not be on or near it. You also mentioned rattling there. Are some of the tiles loose? If so, you'll need to corrected that in addition to room treatments. Otherwise, this will continue to be a problem."

You don't know jacksh!t about audio. You don't even know the topic of discussion on an audio forum. All this started because you don't know anything about audio, you just post sh!t like the above trying to get someone - anyone - to pay attention to you. And little boy @ssholes like you just can't stand that no pays attention to them. You prefer everyone be just as ignorant about audio as you are. You're just like every other @sshole who's hit this forum. Stop wasting your time, james, you ain't hurting me, you're just proving how much about audio you don't know and never will know. I don't give a rat's @ss what someone like you or P think about me. Go learn something instead of posting this sh!t. Go make yourself better instead of proving you don't care to. You can't, so you'll continue to be a p!sspoor @sshole too. A p!sspoor @sshole who doesn't know sh!t about audio.

"I don't see what's tricky about this demo."

http://www.youtube.com/user/xtranormal#p/f/28/murR1EW7NCI

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
Another post filled with pure jibberish and not one word of truth Jan.

The sad thing is that when you're not being your usual rude, arrrogant, bombastic self, you actually can be helpful. Like when I asked you about the importance of preamps. Remember that? I found your responses both helpful and respectful. Why can t you be like that all the time?

If you really felt that the cd/record comparison was invalad, you could've simply explained why BRIEFLY. If I found that helpful, great, if not, just let it go. Of what consequence is it to you? NONE!

In response to your comment, "I find it disturbing that you offspring." Well, better me than you by far! I'll have you know that my sons are both very polite, respectful, upstanding young men raised by parents who would not stand for less. They are very well liked and respected.

Finally, you have no business whatsoever calling my maturity into question. You have an extremely long way to go to catch up with me. Repeatedly calling me @sshole, etc proves it.

New year, same childish pathetic worm named Jan.

Happy New Year Jan.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15728

"You still don't know jacksh!t about audio and never will. 'Cause every time someone tries to explain something to you or make a point you don't want to hear, you turn into a liar and an @sshole who starts blaming everyone else for your failure to know anything about audio. You waste everyone's time. You're the little boy who disrupts class rather than learn. How old are you, james? 'Cause you sure act like a boy."

Prove it again, it's all you can do. Prove how little you know about audio 'cause all you know how to do is insult me and waste people's time with your BS. I don't compensate for your lack of attention. I post for those people who want to pay attention so they might learm something - which automatically excludes you. Go ahead, prove how little you know about anything. Every insult says, "I'm james and I don't know sh!t about audio".

"The speakers being on carpet was not my idea and it was only a temp. arrangement for the demo. I never said or implied that woofer cone movement relates to sound quality."

Geeeeez! When are you going to grow up, little boy, and learn something for a change? Stop blaming everyone else for your ignorance. You don't know any more about audio than you did 23 years ago. Your neighbor apologized for owning Fischer. Does he know you're pinning the blame on him for the carpet? God, you don't know sh!t about audio!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
More jibberish without one word of truth. What a surprise!

The carpet thing WAS my neighbor's idea. What amazes me is that you can post entire encyclopedias worth of words that amount to jibberish and nothing more. I can read every word of it just incase I find meaning therein, never happens. Meanwhile, I can type 5 sentences and you'll miss 4 1/2 of them. Even when you repost an entire post of mine, you still miss 90% of it. Then you'll argue the part you took out of context till the cows come home trying to twist my arm into agreeing with you. Then you accuse me of being childish. Again, you'll never be half the man I am so quit being the pot calling the kettle black already and try to grow up a little. PLEASE!

No matter what you think, you're still a pathetic worm with psychological problems including anger issues. Why don't you see if you can get yourself a personal life of some sort?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
This is Jan:

This is Jan on druggs:

In other words this is Jan:

Any questions?

Btw, thanks again for continuing to post your endless jibberish. It's extremely funny!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1210
It took you till today to get back to me. Must've been a doozy of a hangover!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15731

"Again, you'll never be half the man I am ...

You are stupid. Even when you're told something, you are stupid in the extreme.

Make all the excuses for your own ignorance that you want to, james. Just prove you know anything at all about audio. You can't. You keep hurling insults like that's going to convince anyone of anything they don't already know about you. People here made up their minds about you long ago. No one here takes you seriously and most try to avoid you. You're the @sshole at the end of the bar that nobody sits next to. You keep avoiding the fact you don't know anything at all about audio and you don't belong on this forum where people discuss audio. You think insulting me will convince people you know anything?! ROTFLMAO! You haven't been able to prove anything other than the sort of person you are up to this point and I seriously doubt you will ever be able to prove anything different in the future. You're too lazy, you haven't shown you have the capacity to learn anything and it's so much easier just to be an @sshole. Call me a moron all you want, just don't be one yourself. You don't bother me, james, you're an @sshole and I don't give a sh!t about the opinion of @ssholes. You come across as an @sshole on the forum and everyone sees you as an @sshole. Mission accomplished! You're an @sshole in the eyes of everyone else on this forum. Not to mention you're a liar, "I can be civil Chris as you have seen. I explained in the phono thread what happened there. I've had an issue with anyone in here except that one individual. If he leaves me alone now, no one will have to see anymore ugliness", and I don't try to change anyone's opinion of Jan. Instead, I try to improve people's opinions of themselves", and a hypocrit, "If everyone here spoke to each other as Jan speaks to people, this would be one ugly forum."

This has become an ugly forum because you've made it so. You don't know anything about audio and you refuse to learn, then you become a jerk to anyone who does know about audio. You want to argue over scraps of carpet and who put them there and how long they were there and you don't even know enough about audio to understand about carpet or comparisons. You're a joke! Prove you know something and maybe this pattern will stop. It's not about me, it's about you, james. You blame everyone else for your ignorance then you lie and weasel your way through all the criticism you deserve. Instead of answering this post, go learm something useful. I dare ya! And I know you won't, you'll just be an @sshole. Why do you think no one on this forum takes you seriously? Prove you can learn something and stop wasting our time. The problem is your's and your's alone, no one else here has this sort of problem with me. They all have the same problem with you - you don't know anything and whenever anyone tries to help you, you turn into an @sshole.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
I see your still at Jan all enraged and obviously bothered by me or you wouldn't keep responding to my posts with your endless yarns of ridiculos jibberish which don't mean or prove anything. Neither do your infamous links. You are a stupid childish moron and that is all you have proven. Each post you make in this thread make me laugh even harder at you than the one before it. I've had many peaceful conversations with other members of this forum. The only time they get ugly with me, is when they're standing up for you. Threads that I talk in that you don't are very peaceful. As soon as you see a post I've made, you just have to argue what I post no matter what. You simply can not leave me alone about anything because you don't have maturity to realize that I don't like you, I don't respect you and I don't see you as the king of knowledge of all things audio and then some. I have no use for your idea of help. The likelyhood of any of this changing diminishes greatly with each of your ranting, loony posts. I'm not going to leave this forum and I am not going to accept you as the great source of knowledge so just deal with it.

Jan, why don't you do the entire universe a huge favor? Pull your lower lip up over your head and swallow.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15732

What's that prove about you? What have you proven in the last week of being an @sshole? Not that you know anything about audio. You can't do that since you don't know anything about audio. Threads are peaceful because people ignore you, james. I ignore you until you prove you don't know sh!t about audio. You don't seem to know very much about anything. You can't keep things straight in your head. What's that prove about you that people hadn't already decided? Certainly not that you know anything about audio. You're pretty worthless in this forum. Like Chris says, maybe you should consider moving on. You don't belong here and you have no business being here since you can't discuss audio with anyone. All you can do is be an @sshole.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
Wow! You kept your stupid meaningless jibberish short this time! That's first!

You're wrong again Jan, I have actually discussed audio with other members peacefully as long as you stay out of the thread. Before you even go there, I am not talking about off topic threads like the happy holiday threads. I am talking about posts where audio is discussed. Other members and I ask each other questions, answer each other, discuss things etc.

The bottom line here Jan, is that you have a sick facination with attacking everything I say. Not helping, not correcting, just attacking. I don't take you seriously because you simply keep at it no matter what.

If you would like to prove that you are something other than the childish pathetic worm you have proven yourself to be thus far, don't respond to this post and stop attacking everything I say.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15733

Conditions?! The @sshole has "conditions"?!

What have you proven? You've proven you think just being in a thread where people are helping others with audio is you "discussing audio". People ignore you, james, they don't want to have anything to do with you. Look at this thread, the only person who responded to you was Chris when he tried to correct your lack of knowledge, "Comparing source material (and media) on different sources is a tricky business. Very difficult to tell what you're actually comparing. 'Warmth' is only a term James, as is 'natural', 'neutral', etc. Some people use the term to describe their reference to real music......which might be more 'accurate' in fact, at least to them". And you can't even take the hint then; "Chris, all I can tell you is that the cds won every time in this demo. I should mention here that the cd player, turntable and receiver were all made by Fischer. So the quality of parts is as consistant as can be expected (cd preamp and phono stage). I don't see what's tricky about this demo."

Fischer. Quality.

Don't kid yourself. You don't know anything so, why would anyone bother trying to discuss audio with you? You're an @sshole whenever anyone tries to provide some knowledge, you lie and you blame others all the time, you don't accept anything that you haven't already decided to be true even when it's based on a crappy system and a lousy comparison and you don't even know enough to recognize the fact no one is having anything to do with you in any audio thread. Why bother? I try to make up for some of the really, really grossly inaccurate crap you post which keeps me pretty busy, crap like comparisons made with Fisher turntables where you hear "clean highs" and watch the woofer move but no one else here has much of anything to do with you when it comes to audio. Andre's in high school and he knows more about audio that you'll ever manage. They know what you turn into when you see something you don't want to know. Me? I don't care. I don't care what an @sshole like you thinks and I prefer to have good information on this forum. You? You just continue to prove you don't know anything about audio and everyone here realizes that so they avoid you.

"You might want to consider a cd play or iPod with a dock instead of a turntable. Records are likely to get stolen too. You can keep an iPod on your person when at class, library, etc. You can't exactly stow a record or even cd collection like that."

Stunning, just simply stunning. Even at that point you were trying to talk the op out of the table his mother gave him. What a little helper you are! Must be nice to see someone who, like the op, knows as little about audio as you do. Otherwise, no one here would bother to have anything to do with you.

Prove me wrong. Prove it, don't just say it, prove it. You're pretty worthless around here unless we're in need of a very large @sshole like you - which we aren't. Stop the @sshole BS and go prove to me you know anything about audio. Just do that, james, prove me wrong. Otherwise, stop being an @sshole and expect more of the same from me. Pretty simple stuff even for an ignorant @sshole like you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
The jibberish grows longer again! What a surprise! Oh, and look the childish tongue sticking out is back! What a piece of crap you are Jan.

Since Cowboys is refering to being in college, and had not mentioned anything about his apartment up to that point, I was simply expressing concern. I didn't want to see him buy a collection of records, keep them in a dorm and have them stolen. Do you have records Jan? What are new records selling for these days? How about old ones in good shape, especially limited edition copies? Do really think a college student needs to have a record collection stolen? He's not exactly loaded is he? You incompetent fool! Since he mentioned sharing an apt with friends, I don't think this arrangement is much safer. Of course I want him to enjoy his turntable, but expressing concern over theft is certainly not intended to rain on his parade.

I have had many pleasant conversations in this forum Jan. If you don't believe me, just look at threada where I have posted and you haven't.

No matter what you say, you have sick facination with me and with attacking whatever I say. If you didn't, the fact that you are so convinced of my lack of knowledge would cause you to ignore me. You are a pathetic worm Jan, childish, stupid and with no ability to discuss anything. That's all you ever have been or ever will be.

Btw, your socks are untied again.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1174
"Since Cowboys is refering to being in college, and had not mentioned anything about his apartment up to that point, I was simply expressing concern. I didn't want to see him buy a collection of records, keep them in a dorm and have them stolen. Do you have records Jan? What are new records selling for these days? How about old ones in good shape, especially limited edition copies? Do really think a college student needs to have a record collection stolen?"

Nice bit of reverse engineering an answer. How long did it take for you to come up with that rationalization James ? I think you're pretty good at coming up with "intent" after the fact.....of course, you need to be, don't you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1219
Chris, Chris, Chris, I believe there is hope for you still, so work with me here, okay? There was no "reverse engineering" or "intent after the fact" here. I was expressing genuine concern when I spoke to Cowboys. I actually mentioned the possibility of theft in the first post where I suggested cds and an iPod. I know it's easy to segue into Jan's style of missing points, only seeing 10% of posts, taking that 10% out of context and twisting it all around, etc, but this is not productive or helpful to you or anyone else. It's one thing to like and admire Jan, even take his advice, but being like him will do you more harm than good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1220
Chris, look at my post #1104 made on Christmas Day. I did say "Records are likely to get stolen." in that very post.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1221
Jan: Hello, my name is Jan Vigne and I suck as human being. Would you like to suck as human being too? Now you can attend The Jan Vigne School of Sucking as a Human Being.

James: No thanks!

Jan: Why not?

James: Because it sucks and so do you.

Jan: Waaaah! Mommy, James doesn't like me!

Jan's mom: I don't blame him, I don't like you either.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15734

You're stuck up to your head in the same old sh!t. Your head's full of sh!t, you don't know sh!t and you can only post sh!t.

F**k off. You're a pathetic piece of crap that can't be helped.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222
Ooh! I think little Janny's upset. Temper, temper little one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
Hey Jan, how was today's episode of Barney?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1226
I can't be helped? I just don't want any of YOUR idea of help. Have you got that yet? Will ever get that? Why do you feel the need to "help" me when I've made clear since 10/10/10 that I don't want anything to do with you? Go get yourself some sort of personal life so you can lose your obsession with me PLEASE!

I'll gladly accept help from other members though.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1176
"Chris, look at my post #1104 made on Christmas Day. I did say "Records are likely to get stolen." in that very post."

So you did. I stand corrected.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1228
Thank you Chris. Now, if you would be kind enough to explain what you meant by "Comparing sources and source material can be tricky..." I'm all ears (or eyes lol!)

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1177
Sorry. Until you stop harassing other members of this board (ie chasing them from thread to thread with childish comments) I won't be explaining or discussing anything with you James. You're such an incredible hypocrite it's really quite unfathomable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1232
Chris, aside from Jan, who else do have a conflict with? No one! The latest one has taken place mostly here in this thread. I don't have issues with other members. If everyone else would let conflicts be between who ever they are between and just stay out of it, the conflict would end quicker. Adding fuel to a fire only keeps it going. Now, if Jan doesn't respond to my last couple of posts, I won't say anything more to him. Problem solved.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1179
You've said that before and not lived up to it, so I won't hold my breath.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1233
If you watch carefully Chris, it always begins with him. The first thing he said to me here in this thread and elsewhere was a mocking post that had nothing to do with helping me or anyone and it of course included miss quoting me, twisting my words and false accusations. I hadn't said anything to him in quite a while. If he had started off with something like, "Chris is right James..." followed by a concise, helpful and respectful explanation of why, this whole thing never would have happened and that's just how it is.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1180
Good thing I didn't hold my breath, huh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1234
Chris, please re-read his post #15688 and tell me how there is anything helpful or respectful there. I can assure you there is not.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1235
That post is right here in this thread.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1181
I'm not arguing that point with you further. We'll agree to disagree. Now, as you promised, let it go.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
Okay then. Consider it let go of, hatchet burried, etc.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us