Marantz CD6003 or NAD 565 BEE

Bronze Member
Username: Pramodapple

Sharjah, UAE United Arab ...

Post Number: 18
Dears,
I need help in purchasing a CD player? I wanted your thoughts/comparison between these 2 players, Marantz is little cheaper then NAD, but NAD has built in DAC and USB. and Marantz has USB (only for iPod) I donno weather I can use the USB on Marantz CD6003 with the flash drive loaded with music, unlike NAD 565BEE? I like warmer sound, and I dont know which player is more "Warmer" then the other? and I also wanted to know weather Marantz will match with my NAD 372 integrated? my gear is NAD-372 integrated/B&W 603-S3 speakers. please also suggest some good speaker cables without breaking my bank

Thank u you all in advance for your time
Best
Pramod.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4358
If you already have the NAD amp, and intend on keeping it, I'd go with the NAD CD player.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thx David,

How about going for DAC and hook up with my Mac, would you or anyone suggest a nice warm sounding DAC, please also let me know about the good speaker cables to with my gear, again warm cables thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4363
What kind of budget do you have for a DAC?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Around 300 to 400$ USD for DAC, coming back to my original CD player question, I have checked the NAD 565-BEE the here is steep for my budget, and Marantz 6003 is within my budget. so if I go for Marantz with my NAD 372, will I completely miss-out out on synergy? or I can live with it? I like the build quality of Marantz 6003. I donno how it sounds. is there any one here in this forum or else ware who matched Marantz CD player with the NAD amp?

Your thoughts/input is really appreciated as I do not want to make a wrong decision and miss-out on money. Please folks help me with your expertise. and on my cables end as well I'm looking for some inexpensive input.
Thanks in advance.
P

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 799
The only way to know for sure is for you to listen to each combination. It doesn't matter if we like NAD and Marantz together if you get the system hooked up and you don't like the sound.

One question I have is what are you listening to now? You've got the NAD amp and B&W speakers. What is your current source? I don't have much experience with any of the brands you have or are considering, but B&W are widely regarded as matching up very well with Rotel electronics. Would you consider a Rotel player, possibly with an eye to trading in your NAD for a Rotel amp if you don't like the Rotel/NAD combination?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Point taken, I'm listening to mostly female vocals, Jazz, slow music. I had NAD C542, I gave to my friend, and currently with no source. yeah thinking of hooking a Rotel CD player as a source for my current NAD integrated but how would Rotel CD player and NAD integrated work together? any body here had that combo b4 or currently using? but to my ears all Rotel gear in my setup sound sharp and create a fatigue (this might me because of my Flat acoustics?) I liked NAD 542 and currently they have released 545, and I guess there is not much a step up in those models, but 565 I heard that it is a Step up CD player compared to 545, but 565 is steep for my current budget. so I thought I will change the source to Marantz from NAD as I heard some very good things about CD 6003. with iPod connection etc. is my questions for speaker cables is correctly asked here in this forum. or I have to go to some other thread in this forum?
Thx: P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Any one out there???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message