Marantz CD 5004 or NAD C 545BEE?

Username: Bz1994

CalgaryCanada

Post Number: 4
Hi Everybody!
I hope that someone will be able to help me with my decision. I'm looking for a new CDP.
I own Marantz receiver SR7001 and I'm very happy with it. I also have older Nakamichi receiver, good sound too. I have 5 Keff speakers. Movies sound great. For listening to music I use old CD player Denon DCM-270 (5 disks).
I don't know which CD player to buy. I was thinking to get Marantz CD 5004, or maybe NAD C 545BEE.
If I would notice a big difference in the sound quality I might go with Cambridge Audio or Arcam.
Is it better to have receiver and CD player of the same brand or that has no benefit at all?
I'm open to any suggestions
I can't wait to hear your opninion!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 943
All the ones you mentioned are good but I would go with emotiva or oppo :

http://www.consumersearch.com/cd_players?gclid=CP-TrOmQlaQCFRFW2godtiiuHw&ef_id= 1953:3:s_adf011bf615f5fe094e0e293d60e3f03_5031519862:TJbeAwqoEEQAAE06EhUAAAjL:20 100920040731

CalgaryCanada

Post Number: 5
Thank you for your response. I never heard of Emotiva but it does look pretty good.
I"m open for other suggestions

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13218
I think the Marantz CD5004 is the best match for your setup and reasonably priced with a nice warranty.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15408
Might be a bit of symmetry there Art. What cables do Marantz have on board, I wonder?

CalgaryCanada

Post Number: 6
As I've asked before:
"Is it better to have receiver and CD player of the same brand or that has no benefit at all?"

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4007
Generally speaking, it's better to keep it one brand. They're usually designed to work together and voiced together. Every now and again a company makes a clunker that just sounds bad, but the Marantz CDP you mention isn't one of those.

I'd be willing to bet that the Marantz CDP would work better in your system than the NAD CD player. The NAD CD player may be a bit better sounding in another system, but probably not yours.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15321
my nad cd player quit in less than a year i think so I dont have much faith in them anymore

CalgaryCanada

Post Number: 7
Thank you Stu. I'll go with Marantz.
Now, if I go with SA8004 $1200 instead, would that be worth the money difference. CD5004 is $400.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us