Turtable to a receiver... but no sound

Username: Gagetgirl79

Post Number: 1
I know what all you phono-inclined peeps must be thinking:
PRE AMP
but I have one, and it still doesn't work. Here's the breakdown:
We have a super classy Stanton T50 turntable and a Yamaha HTR-5930. We got a pre amplifier from our local record shop, the audio cables are running from the player to the pre amp, to the V-AUX input on the receiver. Had a super loud hum, but properly grounded the player's wire, and that stopped.

Unfortunately, though, that's the only sound I can get out of this turntable. I have all this awesome old vinyl, but no way to play it! Up until this point, I've always used super old record players, but we inherited this from a friend moving overseas. It looks pretty sweet, but I'd rather it work!

We've tried a number of combinations on input into the receiver (even switched the input/output on the preamp.. JUST to make sure it wasn't backwards... it wasn't). Not sure what else to do.

Player seems to work great, comes on, turns.. the whole 9 yards. Just no sound. Wasn't sure if it might have to do with the needle? The anatomy of this player is quite different from the record players of my past. Any tips or thoughts would REALLY be appreciated.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us