Bedroom receiver

Anonymous
hi i have some extra cash on my hand and i was thinking of getting a receiver for the bedroom.
my main problem is space, so i was looking at the slimline receivers from pioneer,mainly the vsx-c100,vsx-c300,vsx-c301.has anyone had any experience with these receivers? i'm looking to spend about a 200 bucks.

Derek
Try an all-in-one system like the ones from Panasonic or an "executive" system. They are very small, some have DVD and 5.1 sound, subs, clocks and remotes. They don't cost that much and you can add some high-quality stereo speakers as your mains.

Their only downside - the amps have very poor damping factor. This prevents them from prducing deep bass without the assistence of a sub (Look at the specs carefully. Some say 50Hz to 20KHz instead of 20 to 20.). They also can't handle low impedence speakers.

If you must buy a receiver, look into Sherwood. I have one on one of my PCs and it is a full 5.1 decoding receiver and is only about a foot thick. Best of all it costs under $100. See http://www.sherwoodusa.com/home_audio/hprecmain_fs.htm.

There are also some cheap DVD/Receivers that come with speakers sold at Albertons and Walmart for $100 with 5.1 speakers. Check the dimensions though and be prepared to throw them out when they brek down.

Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us